• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...eering-n727716
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think the whole point is that it becomes harder and harder to feel that sympathy when the biggest problem is police not policing themselves and realizing certain people either need more training or shouldn't be cops. The thin blue line and attitude of everyone is out to get the cops and protecting the bad apples is really getting exposed now...
      I certainly don't want harm to come to anyone, especially the good cops but it's kind of hard to call anyone a good cop if they remain quiet when their coworkers do wrong.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Happened to see a video on domestic terrorism and Bill of Rights violations coming from both sides; something tells me we're going to see another civil war break out... As if we needed more of that...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Happened to see a video on domestic terrorism and Bill of Rights violations coming from both sides; something tells me we're going to see another civil war break out... As if we needed more of that...
          Will this come before or after Super Secret President Obama declares martial law?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Will this come before or after Super Secret President Obama declares martial law?
            Ask George Soros
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              This video was made in whose garage?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                This video was made in whose garage?
                In the streets and public buildings where riots and counter-riots are taking place.

Comment

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/pare...eath/498798336
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Uh oh. He's white.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Neither side looks good here. The kid sped from the scene, but it really took two or three officers to taser him? And why was he tazed at all? What happened to just arresting the perp? *shakes head*

Comment

That's one thing that's often bothered me with cops is imho their complete overreaction to getting someone out of a vehicle that's fled from them. I understand it must **** them off, but you often see 5, 6, 7 cops all grabbing the guy at the same time, manhandling them out of the vehicle, then piling on until the cuffs are on. If you can get that many cops that close why not a taser? Or why not do like they so often do and use your speakers from a distance, all cops locked and loaded, talking him out of the car, "reach your hands out the window, open the car from the outside with your right hand, slowly step out, face away from me, place hands on your head, take 3 steps back, on your knees, on your stomach, arms out, palms up".....

Comment

Seriously. Watch an episode of Cops from the 90s and one from the 2010s. It's incredible the difference.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Neither side looks good here. The kid sped from the scene, but it really took two or three officers to taser him? And why was he tazed at all? What happened to just arresting the perp? *shakes head*
                            How about the 200+lb(looks like anyway) deputy kneeling on the kids neck for 40 seconds? I'd think that could possibly cause jugular or carotid damage.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              That's one thing that's often bothered me with cops is imho their complete overreaction to getting someone out of a vehicle that's fled from them. I understand it must **** them off, but you often see 5, 6, 7 cops all grabbing the guy at the same time, manhandling them out of the vehicle, then piling on until the cuffs are on. If you can get that many cops that close why not a taser? Or why not do like they so often do and use your speakers from a distance, all cops locked and loaded, talking him out of the car, "reach your hands out the window, open the car from the outside with your right hand, slowly step out, face away from me, place hands on your head, take 3 steps back, on your knees, on your stomach, arms out, palms up".....
                              Exactly. The kid was in the wrong for fleeing but he didnt deserve to die over that. And in this case the cops actions all were in manner that was going to lead to that. They got angry so they tazered the punk and assaulted him and never cared to even see if he was ok until it was obvious he was dead. They didnt act as cops they acted as a gang of teenagers going after the guy who hit on the leaders girlfriend.

And what will stink is they will defend themselves saying they "feqred for their safety" and that they "followed protocol". This will cause those that already fear cops to only fear them more. (especially if it works) It will also undermine other officers when they make the same claim legitimately.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Today is 26th anniversary of Rodney King beating.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X