X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    No, but empathy can be replaced by schadenfruede fairly quickly when good cops protect bad cops because thin blue line.

Put another way, I only have so many farks to give, and a militarized police doesn't deserve many of then.
    There are bad cops. I will never deny that. But to openly attack the force in general.....that's the same as openly attacking any one group on the acts of a few. See also: Muslims, NRA folk, etc. Hello hypocrisy.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There are a lot of bad apples. Seems like the amount of good apples is decreasing by the week.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        There are a lot of bad apples. Seems like the amount of good apples is decreasing by the week.
        Depends on what the media reports. Just saying.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          There are bad cops. I will never deny that. But to openly attack the force in general.....that's the same as openly attacking any one group on the acts of a few. See also: Muslims, NRA folk, etc. Hello hypocrisy.
          Gee, being an attorney, I didn't realize how attacks on an entire profession work...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Gee, being an attorney, I didn't realize how attacks on an entire profession work...
            Exception to rule. All attorneys are scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Depends on what the media reports. Just saying.
              The media? These morons are being caught by their own dashcams and cellphone video.

I dont rip all cops but lets not pretend this is a few bad apples anymore ok? This crap is everywhere and the only reason any of us know about it is because they are too stupid not to get caught on video. If it wasnt for technology they would be getting away with it just like they always did.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                The media? These morons are being caught by their own dashcams and cellphone video.

I dont rip all cops but lets not pretend this is a few bad apples anymore ok? This crap is everywhere and the only reason any of us know about it is because they are too stupid not to get caught on video. If it wasnt for technology they would be getting away with it just like they always did.
                Think of the thousands of interactions each day between officers and citizens. Then think of the small number of reported incidents that are in "the wrong." THEN think of those incidents that are actually IN the wrong.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Think of the thousands of interactions each day between officers and citizens. Then think of the small number of reported incidents that are in "the wrong." THEN think of those incidents that are actually IN the wrong.

Just saying.
                  and then realize they are police and need to be held to a higher standard because we give them special powers.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That officer in white, his body language makes him look very scared when putting down those "aggressors". He was going to be a danger regardless of who said something to him, a dangerous old Hispanic lady or a safe, burly Caucasian guy. If he somehow keeps his job, his captain should have him assigned to desk duty from this day forward. He's clearly unfit to be in the field, mentally.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      and then realize they are police and need to be held to a higher standard because we give them special powers.
                      Holding police to a higher standard is completely different than, ...I have no sympathy for cops anymore when bad 5h!t happens to them... What an extremely grotesque thing to say. I rarely agree with Brent on his cop takes, but in this case you guys should be ashamed. Had this been uttered instead I doubt the conversation contiues:

I have no sympathy for [bad] cops anymore when bad 5h!t happens to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Holding police to a higher standard is completely different than, ...I have no sympathy for cops anymore when bad 5h!t happens to them... What an extremely grotesque thing to say. I rarely agree with Brent on his cop takes, but in this case you guys should be ashamed. Had this been uttered instead I doubt the conversation contiues:
                        Agreed, no need to go to the opposite extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          You guys? One person said it...

Just because I call BS on what Brent said doesnt mean I want cops to be put in danger. Talk about your straw men
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            You guys? One person said it...
                            I didn't necessarily ascribe that specific statement to everyone. And while it's true only one person said those specific words, more than one belabored the ensuing back and forth.

I think we're good here.

Comment

Expect this to get much worse. The Feds are cutting everyone loose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/u...?smid=tw-share
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Baltimore(again)-this is not good.

http://wtop.com/maryland/2017/03/7-b...al-indictment/
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X