X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Let this marinate.

Is this going to be our standard going forward?
    Pretty much. It's not limited to that, as everyone waits for someone to hit first so they can the ambulance chasers and "make money".

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      At least 1 if not 2 people appear to be 'wrestling' with a cop about 40 seconds into that clip. Also the person with the camera didn't film everything so who knows how much was missed? That's what I meant by "remaining calm".
      Shouldnt cops be held to a higher standard? Dont they receive tons of training on how to deal with this that doesnt include what this guy did? The guy was antagonizing the person who called for help for Pete's sake. Sorry but he gets little sympathy from me. Dont act like a dick and maybe people wont treat you like one.

BTW one of those people was the daughter of the woman.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I already said the cop acted like a dick, but that doesn't mean you should expect to be able to get up into a dick cop's face and/or physically confront said dick cop and not expect handcuffs. There isn't always a victim in these encounters.

Comment

Well we don't know who escalated what other than what we for sure know, the cop escalated the situation with his moronic comments.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Well we don't know who escalated what other than what we for sure know, the cop escalated the situation with his moronic comments.
            Irrelevant. Mean words not a reason to get in a cop's face and/or possibly get physical with one.

But once again for clarity I repeat:

1. The cop was a dick and could have possibly shown more respect/restraint toward the mother's complaint
            2. But at least one if not two ladies appeared very aggressive/physical toward/with a cop and that is quite often a recipe for handcuffs. For you, me, anyone.

Comment

Right but why did the physical stuff start? We don't know what precipitated that part and there's no reason to assume one side was more guilty than the other.

We do know what precipitated the whole thing though and that part can and should be avoided. And I'm not saying it's clear racism or anything like that because cops are sometimes just dicks in general (even to white folks like us).
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-24-2016, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• He didn't shoot her, baby steps
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

trix the assumption here was she shouldn't have been arrested because the cop was a dick, yet we have video evidence of her being physically confrontational. But the cop said mean things so....

We'll have to agreee to disagree even though I don't think you're understanding my point.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    He didn't shoot her, baby steps
                    Too many people around
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      But the cop said mean things so...
                      The problem is that when cops "say mean things" in this context/situation and due to the nature of their job, things can escalate in the wrong direction quickly. Obviously if the woman did initiate physical contact she's in the wrong but we have just as much reason to assume he did it if not more given how he started that situation by being confrontational for no apparent reason.

Anyhow yeah obviously you shouldn't initiate physical contact with cops that's a no brainer.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-24-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Quit shootin' 'em and give 'em to us! http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...or-free-labor/

Comment

Back to the future.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is a refreshing change.
                            https://www.whitehouse.gov/law-enforcement-community

Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter. Our job is to make life more comfortable for parents who want their kids to be able to walk the streets safely. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              With the caveat that this does not apply to black people. Since their kids are the ones having to fear walking down the street because of the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                Mein Gott, could you and your fellow LEOs be more tone deaf?
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-22-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X