This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Megan Rapinoe circa 2008-2012 was my gal. I know she bars for the other team, but back then I thought she was gorgeous.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Megan Rapinoe circa 2008-2012 was my gal. I know she bars for the other team, but back then I thought she was gorgeous.
      These are the two most pronounced jawlines I have ever seen.

(Fundies, cover your snowflake eyes.)
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Something good for the holiday season

https://www.facebook.com/CBSEveningN...3003404704073/
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Hung jury in South Carolina "cop shoots fleeing black motorist in back". Jury made up of 11 whites, 1 black.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jur...sUX?li=BBnb7Kz
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Hung jury in South Carolina "cop shoots fleeing black motorist in back". Jury made up of 11 whites, 1 black.

He would have gotten off cleanly if it hadnt been for that uppity Negro on the jury!!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              He would have gotten off cleanly if it hadnt been for that uppity Negro on the jury!!!
              gonna guess that were a couple batson violations in jury selection, but they didn't have enough peremptory challenges to get all of them off the jury.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well at least they charged him with something (only because it was on video), now the lone racist can hold out and he'll get off free. The system works!

Comment

White male in his 40's was the only holdout against conviction.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Jury made up of 11 whites, 1 black.
                    North Charleston demographics from wiki:
                    As of the census of 2010, there were 97,471 people, 35,316 households, and 23,271 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,360.6 people per square mile (525.3/km2). There were 42,219 housing units at an average density of 574.5 per square mile (221.8/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 37.90% Non-Hispanic White, 46.69% Non-Hispanic African American,

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Aint the New Jim Crow grand?

I can't believe we're going to have to go through all this again. And it's the same f-cksticks we're up against. Come on, son.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        North Charleston is a municipality, jury pools are generally drawn from counties. I'm not sure which county this trial is in but Charleston itself is pretty white. I'm sure it's not near 10-1 but I wouldn't be surprised if those counties are 70% Caucasian.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Radiolab's podcast this last week (actually I think they just played More Perfect's this week) was about Batson vs Kentucky. The decision basically changed the definiton of a peremptory challenge. It used to be that you could get rid of a certain number of jurors for no reason. After finding that blacks were almost always taken out, Batson changed it so they had to give a reason, and that reason could not be race. All this really did was make prosecutors come up with creative excuses, aka where the juror lived or his profession or really off the wall stuff. In one instance a prosecutor took a (black) juror off because he was a Mason and he did not want a Mason on the jury because they have their own sets of principles and rituals. When they brought him back in for more questioning it was revealed he was actually a brick mason and had nothing to do with the Masonic temple, but the judge let the reasoning stand anyway because "I understand what you meant."
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Radiolab's podcast this last week (actually I think they just played More Perfect's this week) was about Batson vs Kentucky. The decision basically changed the definiton of a peremptory challenge. It used to be that you could get rid of a certain number of jurors for no reason. After finding that blacks were almost always taken out, Batson changed it so they had to give a reason, and that reason could not be race. All this really did was make prosecutors come up with creative excuses, aka where the juror lived or his profession or really off the wall stuff. In one instance a prosecutor took a (black) juror off because he was a Mason and he did not want a Mason on the jury because they have their own sets of principles and rituals. When they brought him back in for more questioning it was revealed he was actually a brick mason and had nothing to do with the Masonic temple, but the judge let the reasoning stand anyway because "I understand what you meant."
                            That's what my post was referring to, it was just a relay of More Perfect which I love so far. Batson doesn't require a reason unless asked to clarify if one side feels it is based on race. Wonder what the lawyers around here think of batson?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

White male in his 40's was the only holdout against conviction.
                              I'm just deflated by the result of this trial and that racist.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                That's what my post was referring to, it was just a relay of More Perfect which I love so far. Batson doesn't require a reason unless asked to clarify if one side feels it is based on race. Wonder what the lawyers around here think of batson?
                                It's mainly toothless. Good principle, almost impossible to enforce.

Comment

Working...
                                X