Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It gives me this really bad feeling of how the American government will suspend an election and declare martial law if it looks like Trump will win (this is only a prediction, by no means do I say it will happen)...
    Doublespeak is fun. You got burned so badly on Jade Helm, that this time you're trying to leave yourself a bit of an escape route, eh?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Five Thousand Candles in the Wind!

Good God What the Hell is Going on?!?

There is zero excuse for this one...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

Thats crazy, did he reach into that gray SUV or something?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

They're going to have a hard time convincing people they feared for their lives when not a single one of the backed away....

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Thats crazy, did he reach into that gray SUV or something?
    I am sure they will say he lunged at them or something.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    I am sure they will say he lunged at them or something.
    In the article:
    Goss also denied claims made by a police spokesperson that suggested Crutcher was shot because he refused to obey commands.

Black people have said for a century that this happens all the time. Either they were right, or the invention of the dash cam has suddenly turned police into racist killers.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    In the article:
    Yeah but he is a pastor, not the cops.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    They're going to have a hard time convincing people they feared for their lives when not a single one of the backed away....
    Won't be difficult at all. After all,, since the DA has to prosecute themselves, they'll go easy with the grand jury selection.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Black people have said for a century that this happens all the time. Either they were right, or the invention of the dash cam has suddenly turned police into racist killers.
    Turned them into racist killers? No. Turned them into killers? No. Exposed what they have been getting away with due to a lack of accountability? Yes. As for the whole race thing, just notice how the stories you see in national news are very selective. They won't bring up black-on-black, black-on-white, or white-on-white, because it doesn't make the race whiners any money. Racism == Ratings.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Saw that on Morning Joe this morning. I wonder how David Clarke is going to explain this one?
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Here is Another One...Though At Least This One Got To Live

It is a long video but right after he handcuffs the dude at the beginning (the guy is laying on the ground) the now ex-cop punches the suspect then he kicks him pretty dang violently. Later he wipes his shows on him and seems to just step on him, then drags him out of screen when he and the other cops realize the security camera can see them. The evidence I guess came to light in the midst of a different investigation, he was fired and arrested.

Look I am not naive, I know many of these guys are criminals and probably not worthy of much sympathy but the fact is they are still endowed with their basic rights. This kind of stuff (getting a few extra licks in on a perp) is not exactly new...there is a reason it has been a trope on Police Procedural shows and movies going back to the 60s...now they are just caught on tape doing it. It is time for cops to be trained to deal with criminals as people. Just because people may have committed a crime doesnt mean they dont deserve due process and not to be treated like a dog.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Saw that on Morning Joe this morning. I wonder how David Clarke is going to explain this one?
    Another Angle...

That is just straight up murder...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

Another Angle...

That is just straight up murder...
    Oh my God... I'm going to be sick... They didn't even check on him or provide aid when was shot!
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Kichizapi Chetan

Does every cop in this country have anger issues, or PTSD?

That's why I treat cops (that I don't know) like rabid dogs: avoid, avoid, avoid, and if forced to encounter don't make quick moves and try to back away as soon as possible.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    They didn't even check on him or provide aid when was shot!
    I'm pretty sure they were all crapping their pants.

My only question: Why was he walking back to his vehicle with his hands up? That portion seems peculiar. Cops don't let you wander around even with your hands up.

That said, what'd he do to get cause the officer to fire?

Pure speculation by me: An officer failed to perform basic firearm safety --> Finger outside the trigger guard, on the frame. The only time the finger is not on the frame is when you mean to activate the trigger. Why? When you're tense you tend to make fists. Now if that coiling index finger is on a trigger ...
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-20-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Lucia Apologist

Could be. That was my first thought too.

Lucia Apologist

In fact when I first bought my shotgun for trap, my roommate was looking at it and I said she could hold it. Never had any ammo or anything in it and she put her finger on the trigger. Out of instinct I immediately said "Ok, stop. Take your finger off the trigger slowly." Then instructed her about the frame.

Shame on me for assuming she held a gun before.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Pure speculation by me: An officer failed to perform basic firearm safety --> Finger outside the trigger guard, on the frame. The only time the finger is not on the frame is when you mean to activate the trigger. Why? When you're tense you tend to make fists. Now if that coiling index finger is on a trigger ...
    I guess this speculation is a possible answer, but I still wonder. I spent a portion of my working life on the tops of telephone poles. We were trained in how to deal with the various things we run across that might kill us or kill somebody else. I learned for instance the simple lessen of pushing a downed wire with the back of my hand and never grabbing it my fist because if it was live your muscles would naturally contract and there you are, clutching a live wire, maybe unable to let go. Now keep in mind I did this with a hand covered up to my elbows in a safety glove that I tested before using it every day, theoretically safe from even a live wire. The point is, I was able to learn the proper techniques in my job to keep myself and others safe, while often doing work that was potentially very dangerous and deadly. I have to believe the police officer who committed this homicide was trained quite thoroughly in the proper technique and use of her firearm. I would think the average gun owner knows the basic piece of firearm safety noted in the quoted post. I do, and I'm not a cop. Sicatoka obviously knows it, and to my knowledge he isn't a cop. That we have cops out there -- all armed to the teeth -- who are either poorly trained, or offered the proper training and fail to put it to use does not make me feel a whole lot better than just thinking they're all a bunch of out of control Rambos who don't have a problem with a little shooting, as long as the right colored people get shot.

Thread Information