This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I already made it pretty clear above. He sure as hell didn't sound remorseful. He sounds like he knew he was ****ed. His word, not mine.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I already made it pretty clear above. He sure as hell didn't sound remorseful. He sounds like he knew he was ****ed. His word, not mine.
      He. Just. Killed. A. Man. I highly doubt procedure and legal consequences were running through his mind at that moment. Maybe an hour or two afterwards, sure. Most likely.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, I've never seen a less remorseless reaction outside of film.
        And I'm pretty sure they were. Otherwise he would have immediately been trying to save his life instead of holding a four-year-old and her mother at gunpoint.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Well, I've never seen a less remorseless reaction outside of film.
          And I'm pretty sure they were. Otherwise he would have immediately been trying to save his life instead of holding a four-year-old and her mother at gunpoint.
          Again, you do understand he took a man's life? People react in different ways. See St Clown's post.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Again, you do understand he took a man's life? People react in different ways. See St Clown's post.
            Right but you are no better than dx assuming you know what is going through his mind. The fact is no one knows what he was thinking but from what I can tell (I wont watch the tape I have no need to watch someone die) based on what I have read he isnt showing much remorse just fear. His comments in the wake of the shooting tend to back that up as well. (his one about Philandro smoking weed being the big one) I dont think the guy was cold blooded, but I dont think he was reacting in the way you are painting it.

Put it this way if he was upset he killed someone he would have been trying to save them. If he was messed up in the brain he would have had a panic attack or snapped or something. He would not have done nothing. JMHO.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yanez shot and killed a man. I don't know about you, but I'd be a bit unnerved in the moments after, justified or not. I may say things/do things that are out of character. This doesn't excuse Yanez's actions, but it does excuse his emotions. There's a reason cops are put on leave (besides the obvious investigation reason). Some cops, after shooting a person, can't handle it anymore.
              That doesn't excuse you from manslaughter. Read the statute.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                That doesn't excuse you from manslaughter. Read the statute.
                You did see the part in that post where I said I wasn't excusing his actions, correct?

Comment

You did see the part in that post where I said I wasn't excusing his actions, correct?
                  Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that people think the verdict is just and according to the statute it's not. If he wasn't a cop he would've gotten a guilty verdict in 5 minutes.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A reporter who covered the Yanez trial answers questions about the trial on Reddit.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I have an old friend from high school who became a cop for Bloomington, assigned to the Mall of America for a while. He was involved in an incident where he had to pull out his pistol but never fired his weapon. It unnerved him so much that he immediately transferred to desk duty. A short while after that he left the police force for an entirely different profession. He told me about the thoughts running through his head at the time, a high-level thought process, and realized he was a only a few seconds from having to shoot until backup arrived and the young man surrendered. He was a few years removed from the incident and it still shook him a little to recount it.
                      Good. I wonder if all the ex military that are going into law enforcement are "conditioned" to pull the trigger.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Good. I wonder if all the ex military that are going into law enforcement are "conditioned" to pull the trigger.
                        Sadly, the stereotype is that ex-mil are gung-ho. I ran into one of them. Buddy's wife was .08, the week the new MN law passed, making .08 the new limit. He was all in our faces. He came to me, and "asked" (actually kinda demanded) "She said you're the most sober, wanna blow into this?" I initially said no, I'm not driving anywhere. He insisted. Fine, arsehat. Blew. He said, "Yeah, you're not going anywhere." Um, I JUST TOLD YOU THAT.

Comment

It's so hard to tell if the black guy is your co-worker...might as well shoot him.

Comment

So now an officer who just arrived on the scene and fears for his safety even though 2 other cops are there? He just shoots and doesnt care? What the hell is wrong with these cops...tone down the testosterone and take a flipping breathe Rambo.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Sadly, the stereotype is that ex-mil are gung-ho. I ran into one of them. Buddy's wife was .08, the week the new MN law passed, making .08 the new limit. He was all in our faces. He came to me, and "asked" (actually kinda demanded) "She said you're the most sober, wanna blow into this?" I initially said no, I'm not driving anywhere. He insisted. Fine, arsehat. Blew. He said, "Yeah, you're not going anywhere." Um, I JUST TOLD YOU THAT.
                              I have a few friends that were in multiple tours in Afghanistan. They buck that stereotype. They hide in the weeds, so to speak. Avoid being the center of attention. One of them before going overseas was very alpha. Dominating, in your face presence, but in a good way. Not afterwards. I asked him why, he simply said "I found out pretty quick what happens when you behave that way in those situations."

That friend eventually sought out help. No meds, just talking to a trained professional. Made a big difference. Even though he retired 6 years ago, people say he's just now coming back.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I have a few friends that were in multiple tours in Afghanistan. They buck that stereotype. They hide in the weeds, so to speak. Avoid being the center of attention. One of them before going overseas was very alpha. Dominating, in your face presence, but in a good way. Not afterwards. I asked him why, he simply said "I found out pretty quick what happens when you behave that way in those situations."

That friend eventually sought out help. No meds, just talking to a trained professional. Made a big difference. Even though he retired 6 years ago, people say he's just now coming back.
                                That's good on him. There are a few who love the authority. And that part sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X