Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Let's be honest, hate crime law is pretty stupid, and to expect them not to go there eventually was silly.
    Unless Trump voters are now a protected class this is ridiculous. I doubt the same cop would charge a white person with burning a picture of Barack Obama.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Be sure not to back your vehicle up "in an aggressive manner" towards the po-po when you hear gunshots...

http://www.theroot.com/jordan-edward...lch-1794790985

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Be sure not to back your vehicle up "in an aggressive manner" towards the po-po when you hear gunshots...

http://www.theroot.com/jordan-edward...lch-1794790985
    I love it...he misspoke. More like the lying ******nozzle was proven wrong by the facts and had to cover his ***. Next they will say the dead kid was "sitting aggressively" so the cops feared for their lives.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Until we start convicting some cops of murder and manslaughter, this stuff is going to keep happening. It's bad enough the defense always seems to find a juror or two to hang a jury when these things actually go to trial, but even worse is how few even end up before a jury in the first place. That and more college educated white people need to finally see this for the crisis it is. But then again, now do we even know it is a crisis when no agency is even required to keep track of how many unarmed people they shoot or kill? I am required to track what I do on my job to the hour, so as to assure my employer is not spending a nickel of union member's dues on something that is purely political. Yet we do not require law enforcement agencies to keep track of who they kill and why they killed them. How can anyone see that as the right way to go about things?

Granted it's Shaun King, but if there's any truth in this, they should all be fired. It's too bad being the world's biggest d1ckholes isn't prosecutable.

As police demanded that the boys face away from them, and walk backwards, with their hands held above their heads, one of the cops, according to the sons, loudly mocked them for not knowing their left from their right.

They had just seen their brother shot in the forehead with a rifle. The rifle was fired repeatedly from such close range that the boys said their ears were ringing from the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Until we start convicting some cops of murder and manslaughter, this stuff is going to keep happening. It's bad enough the defense always seems to find a juror or two to hang a jury when these things actually go to trial, but even worse is how few even end up before a jury in the first place. That and more college educated white people need to finally see this for the crisis it is. But then again, now do we even know it is a crisis when no agency is even required to keep track of how many unarmed people they shoot or kill? I am required to track what I do on my job to the hour, so as to assure my employer is not spending a nickel of union member's dues on something that is purely political. Yet we do not require law enforcement agencies to keep track of who they kill and why they killed them. How can anyone see that as the right way to go about things?

I take offense to your "college educated white people" comment. It is narrow-minded. Other than that, I agree we have to weed out the bad cops.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I take offense to your "college educated white people" comment. It is narrow-minded. Other than that, I agree we have to weed out the bad cops.
    What are you talking about? How could that possibly be offensive?

And here I thought it was dirty libs that needed safe spaces...

\../ \../

In the 1950s and especially the 1960s the civil rights movement, while still primarily being pushed by people of color, was far more multi-racial than we see today. You rarely see anything but a person of color in the marches, rallies and protests when people gather following the shooting of another unarmed black man by a white cop. My comment is meant to shed a bright light on the fact that not enough people of any other color are seeing what is happening -- really happening -- to black people at the hands of white cops in America in the 21st century. Yes being white does not make you a bigot who hate people of color. It doesn't even mean you are blind to racial discrimination. But I don't see nearly enough people who look like me coming out to speak in protest when bad cops do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What are you talking about? How could that possibly be offensive?
    It implies that college educated white folk are not only ignorant of the problem, they are the cause of it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

It doesn't imply that at all, he's merely saying we are willfully ignorant of police brutality (which we are), by dismissing these repeated incidents as "a few bad apples".

Racism definitely exists among many police departments in this country.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It doesn't imply that at all, he's merely saying we are willfully ignorant of police brutality (which we are), by dismissing these repeated incidents as "a few bad apples".

Racism definitely exists in this country.
    FTFY.

It's things well beyond just police departments.

Lucia Apologist

It implies that college educated white folk are not only ignorant of the problem, they are the cause of it.
    Well, many are ignorant or even tolerant of the issue. So I'm not sure where he's wrong.

\../ \../

Of for crying out loud Brent, that's the biggest load of horsesh!7 I've seen on the forum NOT posted by Flaggy in quite a while. There is no way what I posted implies that, and for the record I don't THINK that. Educated white people need to be part of the solution, and they start by accepting that there is a real problem. That is what I meant, and I think that thought was fairly obvious by what I posted. You simply read into it something to confirm a bias. I do it it too sometimes, but please admit that is what you did. It will help to create a more open mind.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Of for crying out loud Brent, that's the biggest load of horsesh!7 I've seen on the forum NOT posted by Flaggy in quite a while. There is no way what I posted implies that, and for the record I don't THINK that. Educated white people need to be part of the solution, and they start by accepting that there is a real problem. That is what I meant, and I think that thought was fairly obvious by what I posted. You simply read into it something to confirm a bias. I do it it too sometimes, but please admit that is what you did. It will help to create a more open mind.
    Well said!!

More people need to see this (bias).

THAT is what needed to be said. Not "college educated white people."

That's what bothered me about it.

See the difference?

More people need to see this (bias).

THAT is what needed to be said. Not "college educated white people."

That's what bothered me about it.

See the difference?
    But the problem is that WHITE people are the majority in this country and don't face the same issues, and aren't doing their part in speaking out against it. In fact it would seem that white people do a better job of being heard when they criticize the black people that do speak out against it. Looking for that leadership to come from college educated whites is pretty **** rational from there, it ain't coming from Cletus and Jim-Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    But the problem is that WHITE people are the majority in this country and don't face the same issues, and aren't doing their part in speaking out against it. In fact it would seem that white people do a better job of being heard when they criticize the black people that do speak out against it. Looking for that leadership to come from college educated whites is pretty **** rational from there, it ain't coming from Cletus and Jim-Bob.
    Singling out a certain group isn't exactly uniting for a cause. It divides more than it unites. I'm tired of "us and them" sort of things. WE all need to work together. WE need to be on the same side. That post was worded poorly, IMO, and I needed to say what I thought needed to be said. The OP clarified what he thought, afterwards, and that is a good thing.

Playing Bob the Martyr is even less useful to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Playing Bob the Martyr is even less useful to the discussion.
    I am not sorry that I feel that "BLAME WHITEY" is a more than common rallying cry.

Thread Information