X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You know better than most the media coverage of a political event is always driven by an agenda. When trying to find out what an organization's goals are, a good place to start is their mission statement.

The far right's race war fantasies are about selling bunker supplies and ammo to an audience kept in perpetual terror. You should also recognize that strategy -- it's a classic PsyOp.
    Never heard of a live stream, have you? Mission statements can also be construed as propaganda. Watch a rally from a third-party Ustream reporter, uncut, unedited, right as it happens. You'll learn a hell of a lot more than the hogwash you're trying to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      My point was it isnt as cut and dry as Kepler made it out to be.

And that is more of a point than you make in 98% of your posts.

Now go back to dodging bullets on 394 it is almost rush hour...
      Dude, you are such a big baby.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The best way to solve it is to get a large number of black people into the police force, have them act as the primary patrols for predominantly black neighborhoods. It's an unfortunate segregation of communities by race, but for the time being it looks to be the best solution. Minneapolis has been pushing for this for a long time now, but the MPD has stated repeatedly that they receive very few qualified applicants from the black community. While that's where the comments from MPD end, it's likely a factor of the failing schools, which is likely rooted in poverty, which, in turn, creates difficulty in getting the necessary education so the black community can produce enough qualified applicants to then be hired by the MPD - the payoff is too much in the long-term and families' economic needs are far too immediate. Local departments have had some better luck with the Hmong population, which is a significant size in St. Paul, more than Minneapolis. Actually, the last time I got pulled over was by a Hmong officer with the state patrol.
        It would take a generation -- at least -- for this to have a positive impact. Right now too many black people see a black cop as a traitor to the cause or their race. They see blue, not black.

Something I wish would come to pass is a more liberal adoption of the BLM movement by whites, and a more welcoming BLM movement opening their arms to white support. Evidence is showing reluctance in many pockets of America to this. Both sides are to blame. Our society is too full of people who will no longer listen to or even see the "other" side. The civil rights movement in the 1960s was far more diverse than it is now. Yes, led by people who were tired of being oppressed but, IMO, far more welcoming of any allies, no matter the community they came from. For us to make progress at the pace we did decades ago, this has to happen again and until it does we will continue to see things pretty much as they are today.

Comment

It's not statutory, it's permitted with the magic badge. https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...x-with-minors/

Comment

Why don't I ever get pulled over*? I would really like to pay off my house.

* Yes, I know.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

5 members of the Pink Panther gang arrested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36992122
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Remember the POS who shot up the South Carolina church, apparently some inmate assaulted the piece of crap, folks raised 100k to bail the inmate out TF
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

smh.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wom...buV?li=BBnb7Kz
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    #Florida

All that needs to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Was she black? The goal of the exercise was to teach "the role and responsibility of the various city departments and services they provide to the community."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, guy has a stolen gun, doesn't do what the police ask him to, gets shot. And the solution is to burn down Milwaukee? Disgusting.

Note: I don't wish the deceased dead, BUT, he made some bad decisions that had bad results. Sickened by the reaction to the officers/medical personnel. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The deceased better be dead.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The deceased better be dead.
                            But can he still vote?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              But can he still vote?
                              It's Milwaukee, not Chicago.

Comment

From people I know in Milwaukee this shooting, while causing similar unrest as other well-known recent police killings of black men, is different in a number of important ways. One, the cop who shot him is also black, so the racial aspects have to be looked at very carefully. Racism is probably not a factor as we might normally think. Two, the dead suspect clearly was armed with a loaded semi-auto handgun that was stolen (along with hundreds of rounds of ammo). Three, he was charged within the last year in a shooting and separately charged with trying to intimidate a witness in that shooting. I believe that the cops involved in this (at least some of them) knew who this guy was and knew of his gun crimes.

Anybody who has read my blather in this or similar threads knows I don't hold law enforcement in the highest regard in 2016, but this shooting looks to me (albeit with the limited knowledge I and all of you have) like it was probably unavoidable given the circumstances and due almost entirely to the behavior of the victim. While still tragic, it looks like this one is not criminal.

Comment

Working...
                                X