X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    They didn't even check on him or provide aid when was shot!
    I'm pretty sure they were all crapping their pants.

My only question: Why was he walking back to his vehicle with his hands up? That portion seems peculiar. Cops don't let you wander around even with your hands up.

That said, what'd he do to get cause the officer to fire?

Pure speculation by me: An officer failed to perform basic firearm safety --> Finger outside the trigger guard, on the frame. The only time the finger is not on the frame is when you mean to activate the trigger. Why? When you're tense you tend to make fists. Now if that coiling index finger is on a trigger ...
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-20-2016, 05:27 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Could be. That was my first thought too.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In fact when I first bought my shotgun for trap, my roommate was looking at it and I said she could hold it. Never had any ammo or anything in it and she put her finger on the trigger. Out of instinct I immediately said "Ok, stop. Take your finger off the trigger slowly." Then instructed her about the frame.

Shame on me for assuming she held a gun before.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Who Says Prisoners Deserve Water
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Pure speculation by me: An officer failed to perform basic firearm safety --> Finger outside the trigger guard, on the frame. The only time the finger is not on the frame is when you mean to activate the trigger. Why? When you're tense you tend to make fists. Now if that coiling index finger is on a trigger ...
            I guess this speculation is a possible answer, but I still wonder. I spent a portion of my working life on the tops of telephone poles. We were trained in how to deal with the various things we run across that might kill us or kill somebody else. I learned for instance the simple lessen of pushing a downed wire with the back of my hand and never grabbing it my fist because if it was live your muscles would naturally contract and there you are, clutching a live wire, maybe unable to let go. Now keep in mind I did this with a hand covered up to my elbows in a safety glove that I tested before using it every day, theoretically safe from even a live wire. The point is, I was able to learn the proper techniques in my job to keep myself and others safe, while often doing work that was potentially very dangerous and deadly. I have to believe the police officer who committed this homicide was trained quite thoroughly in the proper technique and use of her firearm. I would think the average gun owner knows the basic piece of firearm safety noted in the quoted post. I do, and I'm not a cop. Sicatoka obviously knows it, and to my knowledge he isn't a cop. That we have cops out there -- all armed to the teeth -- who are either poorly trained, or offered the proper training and fail to put it to use does not make me feel a whole lot better than just thinking they're all a bunch of out of control Rambos who don't have a problem with a little shooting, as long as the right colored people get shot.

Comment

Cops, no matter how well trained, even trainers, do stupid things. He's < bleep > lucky he only hit himself.

His mistakes:
              - finger not on frame
              - he failed to clear the weapon when he picked it up

His only virtue:
              - muzzle control (pointed away from others)
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-20-2016, 06:42 PM.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were all crapping their pants.

My only question: Why was he walking back to his vehicle with his hands up? That portion seems peculiar. Cops don't let you wander around even with your hands up.

That said, what'd he do to get cause the officer to fire?

All I know is they are saying he reached into the vehicle even though the door was closed (all blood was outside) and it appeared the window was closed as well. Unless he can vibrate through doors like The Flash I think the cops might be lying here...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  All I know is they are saying he reached into the vehicle even though the door was closed (all blood was outside) and it appeared the window was closed as well. Unless he can vibrate through doors like The Flash I think the cops might be lying here...
                  And I just heard a radio report that supposedly PCP was found in the vehicle and the officer (shooter?) supposedly has special training to recognize effects of that drug. (I'm rolling my eyes a bit at that.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2799465

The helicopter overhead view should be conclusive if the window was open. They should be able to detect a reflection, or not.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

And I just heard a radio report that supposedly PCP was found in the vehicle and the officer (shooter?) supposedly has special training to recognize effects of that drug. (I'm rolling my eyes a bit at that.)
                    DRE is bullsh*t. And even if it was accurate and infallible in court (which it is not, because cops are not physicians), he's walking backwards, towards his car, with his hands up, which he puts on the car. I don't see him ever reach into the car for anything. At what point does he deserve to be shot here?

Comment

Wasn't there a moment on film where he is obscured from camera view right before he was shot? I know, I know how convenient but I thought I heard this being tossed about on the news this morning. Also did the officers POV allow them to see if the window was open or closed and therefore put them in a position of not being able to take that chance?

Am certainly not trying to blindly take a side. I haven't seen the video and and for all I know it's pretty cut and dried.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Wasn't there a moment on film where he is obscured from camera view right before he was shot? I know, I know how convenient but I thought I heard this being tossed about on the news this morning. Also did the officers POV allow them to see if the window was open or closed and therefore put them in a position of not being able to take that chance?

Am certainly not trying to blindly take a side. I haven't seen the video and and for all I know it's pretty cut and dried.
                        It does get obscured but both videos dont get obscured at the same time so you can see he doesnt make a move. Plus, if he did why are there no cops screaming "HE IS GOING FOR A GUN!" or something else and why didnt they all fire? (as we are reminded they are trained to do) This guy posed no threat and even if he was as high as a kite didnt deserve to die.

Here is Another Fun One

This time it was a black cop killing a black man...and it all happened because they were looking for someone with an outstanding warrant (the article doesnt say if it was deceased so I would assume it wasnt) and saw a guy exiting and entering a car with a firearm. They shot him. Article doesnt say if they found a gun on his person and his family said he was reading a booking waiting for his kid to get off the bus. Needless to say, the neighbors arent pleased and protests broke out.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 09-21-2016, 07:42 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          DRE is bullsh*t. And even if it was accurate and infallible in court (which it is not, because cops are not physicians), he's walking backwards, towards his car, with his hands up, which he puts on the car. I don't see him ever reach into the car for anything. At what point does he deserve to be shot here?
                          Not to quibble or defend the actions of the police, but I think the guy was actually walking forward, not backward, with his hands in the air.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"Victim" kills "assailant", riots begin: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...103009432.html

Pay close attention to any military action that may take place in that area.

Comment

Hey...Turn the Camera Off If You Plan to Frame Someone

DOH
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There should be an award for that level of derpedness. I mean, we give Darwin's. Can't something be created for the category of "I've done something despicable and worthy of a jail term so here's the proof!"

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X