Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    THATS UNPOSSIBLE! We all know that Frost stashes players just to prevent other teams from getting the very best players and then never allows the ice time. So there couldn't be a let down of talent.
    The notion that the Gophers aren't stashing players is a psyop designed to plant the idea in opposing poster's heads that their team is going to win it all. Feed them enough disinformation and they will begin to believe it.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
      Great weekend of Hockey.

I was also very surprised to see Cameranesi come out on skates for the Senior Festivities. Obviously, there is a big difference between being able to skate out for a ceremony and being able to compete, but has there ever been any official word on what her status is? The reports were she had season-ending surgery, but has it actually been confirmed that she is done?
      Word that I heard (from a fairly official source)....Cameranesi was given one of those 'range between' healing times from surgery. Like 4-6 weeks, or 6-8 weeks or something like that. And if she healed in the early part of this range, they felt she had a chance to come back before the end of the playoff season. It was very inconclusive, but also clearly not "definitely out for the season".

Comment

Fox 9 Sports got a great camera angle of Pannek's great pass to Schammel, Schammel getting it by ARD, and Jenny Ryan giving the old college try attempting to cut her off!!

https://***********/Fox9Sports/statu...40098090704897

Comment

Did MN get a Power Play as well??

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
            Did MN get a Power Play as well??
            Yes, the goal was scored with 2 seconds to go in the second period. MN started the third with 1:58 of PP but could not beat the UW PK.

Comment

so it appear one way to beat Desbiens is to have a Badger player attempting to stop the play, but instead distracts Desbiens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1XPLTTdCs

note to Badger defense: when a Gopher player has the puck near the net, leave them alone, Ann-Renée can take care of it by herself

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                Fox 9 Sports got a great camera angle of Pannek's great pass to Schammel, Schammel getting it by ARD, and Jenny Ryan giving the old college try attempting to cut her off!!

https://***********/Fox9Sports/statu...40098090704897
                How the blank did she get left that open for a breakaway? Geez.....I haven't seen a lapse in transition D that bad all season.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
                  Roque is starting to make Kolstad look like a angel. Third in the WCHA in penalties? just a freshman? Yesterday she had one penalty behind the net that looked like a mix between a leg whip and a pitch fork. The other one by the players box was a mugging but Robinson took the bait. Marky Mark better calm her down during this run. Even with the great one in net there is only so much you can do shorthanded.
                  I Tivo'd the game and watched the "brutal leg whip and pitchfork" back several times both live and slow-mo, Not only does she not even physically touch Baldwin, but only catches Baldwins stick with a slash. I would definitely have called it a slash, but had the refs had replay they would have gotten Baldwin for embellishment or simply being rather clumsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    How the blank did she get left that open for a breakaway? Geez.....I haven't seen a lapse in transition D that bad all season.
                    It took about 1 minute into Saturday's game for the Badgers D to totally lose a Gophers forward behind them. Unfortunately, ARD was NOT sleeping like the D.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle
                      (Scratch that; I was thinking about Sunday, not Sat. Is there a way to delete a post entirely?)
                      Yes. Click "Edit post" and then click "Delete". You'll then have to check "delete message" and click "Delete post".
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                        I Tivo'd the game and watched the "brutal leg whip and pitchfork" back several times both live and slow-mo, Not only does she not even physically touch Baldwin, but only catches Baldwins stick with a slash. I would definitely have called it a slash, but had the refs had replay they would have gotten Baldwin for embellishment or simply being rather clumsy.
                        Welcome to the forum, Abby!
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          That would be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qf6Sv3A9zs
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            She prefers Ms. Roque.....
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                              I am not sure "Brutal" is the right word for the leg whip but the intent was there. I have noticed all year that the gophers are either weak on their skates or the mgr is a poor skate sharpener.

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
                                I am not sure "Brutal" is the right word for the leg whip but the intent was there. I have noticed all year that the gophers are either weak on their skates or the mgr is a poor skate sharpener.
                                First, I am not sure it really matters because I think it all starts to really matter in 2 weeks back at Ridder, but I am also surprised that nobody is talking about Steffens goal or not goal? I know it was reviewed by the officials but they also did not have an overhead view as part of the review process for this game. Live and watching it back, both the D and Peters look back in the goal to see if it went in. In addition, live or on TV I have never seen an 80 mph slap shot from 18 feet not make any sound?? I have also been a referee for years and yet to see a shot beat a goalie, make no sound, and call it a pipe. I did notice Halldorson call it "a good call by the officials". Not sure this is a 2 horse race this year anyways, the Bulldogs should be quite the challenge for both teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X