Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    But having said all that, great performances by the Gophers. I think we dropped in the pairwise this weekend, didn't we? Playing Wisconsin twice with no losses?
    Stupid math is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Minnesota does not have the depth of Wisconsin
      I leave the weekend thinking Wisconsin is scary good. Relentless speed, impressive depth. Positioning seems pretty darn good as well.

But also optimistic thinking the Gophers can win any game. A few weeks ago during the first St Cloud game I was afraid we'd get swept by UND and would be lucky to stay within 8-2 of Wisconsin either game of this series

GWH has played a lot better since then.

Comment

I see the rivalry is alive and well, both on and off the ice! <>

I agree with the others who said the Badgers' depth really started to show in most of the last two periods today. Gophers had a very difficult time clearing the zone for long stretches. And after the first period they also had difficulty maintaining control and keeping the puck in the offensive zone most of the time. On the plus side the Gophers played good defense in their own zone, and for the most part did an excellent job of keeping the puck on the perimeter and not giving Wisconsin many uncontested opportunities from in close.

Also as stated Peters looked VERY solid in goal. If she's ever played better over a weekend against a quality foe, even going back to last year, I don't recall when and against whom. To me her fundamentals look really good, and she's certainly done her part to give her team every chance to win.

Lastly, I thought it was very nice for the coaches to go with all seniors in the shootout, especially Paige Haley who I don't believe saw any other action today. If Stecklein hadn't scored on the Gophers' third attempt I bet we would have seen Schipper and Wolfe next in line.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          So, being a classy Gopher fan, I'm sure it will be "Robert" from now on...
          I may stick to Mr. Earl, given you seem to be a stickler about many things.

Anyway, back to hockey ...
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I say he shall be known as 'The Duke':
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwBdU1kSfOM
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

Anyway, back to hockey ...
              Earle, with an 'e' on the end. That'd be just fine.

(And I was a computer engineer for 25 years; "stickler" isn't an insult, it's a compliment.)

Comment

Earle, with an 'e' on the end. That'd be just fine.

(And I was a computer engineer for 25 years; "stickler" isn't an insult, it's a compliment.)
                Full disclosure, I've been in the computer business (started as a field technician for Control Data in 1980) for 37 years... As these things go we probably have a lot more in common than at first glance.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

When you notice a spelling or grammatical mistake, let me know.
                  Were you the one give Timothy a hard time about his spelling (or grammar) yesterday?
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    There you go!

"... the one TO give..."

Comment

There you go!

"... the one TO give..."
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        You just couldn't resist, could you.. Pretty sweet mullet but that gown is gawd-awful.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017, 09:04 PM.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

The rodents seem to have righted the ship. In a single game situation coming up anything can happen. Tip of the cap on the weekend's effort.

For the record, Roque usually isn't that chippy, but she does play with an edge. Something must have set her off. Only being a freshman I hope some of that matures out of her.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Grant,

There a movie from 'way back when' called "Broadcast News"; newsman Albert Brooks says sarcastically to his producer Holly Hunter "It must be really great to always be the smartest person in the room". And she looks at him completely seriously and replies "Oh no. It's awful."

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              Nope, that would be me. I am sure TA is avoiding this thread now so I will leave this here. Btw can I call you RE, you can call me n7.

Originally Posted by Timothy A:
                              Hmmm, both allow 1 0 goals, PetersARD faces less fewer shots and loses the shutout (and looked silly in losing it).....keep telling yourself that, delusional hope is all you have
                              I'm not superstitious, but when I typed that I thought, "Man it would suck if the roles get reversed the next game." Sure as the sun rises and gophers go into holes, I get to eat my words. I take my medicine when it's handed out.

My son and his friends enjoyed the atmosphere Saturday. He said the rodent fans were nice and there was just some fun bantering back and forth a few times. His but is dragging.....Whitewater to Platteville, to New Ulm, to Minneapolis, to New Ulm, to Platteville, to Whitewater. Not to mentioning doing things college kids to in between the travel and the game.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                The rodents seem to have righted the ship. In a single game situation coming up anything can happen. Tip of the cap on the weekend's effort.

For the record, Roque usually isn't that chippy, but she does play with an edge. Something must have set her off. Only being a freshman I hope some of that matures out of her.
                                I thought this was the chippiest games I have seen these two play, part of that I am sure is the lax officiating. Both sides got away with crap & both side had odd/weak calls go against them. In that sort of atmosphere competitiveness is going to come out & it may not always be nice. Nothing approaching the UND standard but it was different for these teams. I am very much afraid this is the future and kids are going to get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X