Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Seriously, #18 is ridiculous...
    But Wisconsin is classy and Minnesota is not. So there's that.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Seriously, #18 is ridiculous...
      I have no doubt she'd be happy to know she's getting on your nerves.

Comment

You're a hypocrite if you would be happy about play like that from a Gopher player.
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017, 05:29 PM. Reason: missed conjuction
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Your a hypocrite if you would be happy about play like that from a Gopher player.
          Were you the one give Timothy a hard time about his spelling (or grammar) yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Were you the one give Timothy a hard time about his spelling (or grammar) yesterday?
            Nope, not yesterday...but have kidded him in the past. Tim takes it well. You?

Comment

Nope, not yesterday...but have kidded him in the past. Tim takes it well. You?
              When you notice a spelling or grammatical mistake, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                When you notice a spelling or grammatical mistake, let me know.
                Bobby, you got it...

Comment

Heck of a game today at Ridder. Boy, nothing wrong with Peters in the nets that I could see. And ARD was ARD, except when Steckline faked her out of (whatever) on the shootout.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    Heck of a game today at Ridder. Boy, nothing wrong with Peters in the nets that I could see. And ARD was ARD, except when Steckline faked her out of (whatever) on the shootout.
                    Minnesota does not have the depth of Wisconsin and Peters, as you say, was very good. keeping Minnesota in the game. Pleasantly surprised to see her play that well.

Comment

Bobby, you got it...
                      I *really* don't like "Bobby". You might even say it "gets on my nerves".

So, being a classy Gopher fan, I'm sure it will be "Robert" from now on...

Comment

UM was fortunate to get out of that third period with the scoreless tie. They were doing some standing around and watching in their end around the 8:00 - 9:00 minute mark and I think were pretty much just hanging on after that.

UW rang two posts in the third and seemed to get the upper hand in that period.

A lot of giveaways by both teams during the game.

A few nice saves by Desbiens and a solid performance by Peters although I don't think she had much in the way of challenging shots...but a very nice save in the shootout vs Roque by staying with it.

And I've said it before but women seem to love to score low and often ignore the upper part of the net, even when it's completely open. Pankowski's shootout attempt was a good example. She had Peters beat with enough time and space between the puck and Peters' pad to lift it over the pad and in. And for someone of her ability it should have been a no brainer.

Major league move by Stecklein in the shootout to undress Desbien...beautiful goal.

Comment

Bob, Robert, whatever dude...You responded to a post on a Gopher thread about actions that frankly don't belong in women's hockey. As I said, you would not be happy with those actions out of an opposing player.
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

That was the best the Gophers have played over an entire weekend all season. I guess that my hope that they'd remember how to play defense in their own zone wasn't too off base. Peters was tremendous for six periods, and, save for one awful goal against North Dakota, has been very solid for two weeks. Playing like this, they're definitely dangerous in the playoffs. We'll have to see whether or not they waited too long to secure a home quarterfinal.

I agree woith a lot of the criticism of Roque, who had some ugly moments. That said, it was a chippy series both ways and the refs were useless at calming things down. That was true of the series in Madison, too. It's been less clean hockey than I'm used to seeing from these two teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Nope, that would be me. I am sure TA is avoiding this thread now so I will leave this here. Btw can I call you RE, you can call me n7.

Originally Posted by Timothy A:
                              Hmmm, both allow 1 0 goals, PetersARD faces less fewer shots and loses the shutout (and looked silly in losing it).....keep telling yourself that, delusional hope is all you have

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                Good first period.
                                Good to have other fans watching

And I've said it before but women seem to love to score low and often ignore the upper part of the net, even when it's completely open. .
                                Lindsay Agnew went high a few minutes into the third period from just inside the blueline. I thought she was going to hit the 'M' in the upper concourse with her slapshot

A lot of giveaways by both teams during the game.
                                Wisconsin does things to the Gophers with their speed and their stick work that no one else does. Hopefully we do the same to them!

Their forecheck really ate us up a lot all weekend.

But having said all that, great performances by the Gophers. I think we dropped in the pairwise this weekend, didn't we? Playing Wisconsin twice with no losses?

Comment

Working...
                                X