Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    They saw a great game. Ended in a1-1 tie. MN was they better team for 52 minutes but ran out of gas in the 3rd. OT was back and forth.

Minn was not a lot better and Wisc had their moments. Peters and the D came up big when they needed to. The last 8 minutes of the 3rd were all red.

This was also the nastiest game I have seen between them and included a Badger punching a Gopher in the back of the head when she got stripped of the puck, uncalled. The officiating was the usual crud of ignoring stuff and then calling imaginary stuff. The only 'nice' thing I can say about it is that it was equally awful for both sides.
    Totally agree on all points. Only two things that I'd add are what a monster of a goal by Nicole Schammel and why the heck didn't the refs pick up that stick laying on the ice by the boards in the Gophers end for quite awhile before the Badgers finally scored.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-18-2017, 10:55 PM.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Hmmm, both allow 1 goal, Peters faces less shots and loses the shutout (and looked silly in losing it).....keep telling yourself that, delusional hope is all you have.
      Well, it is nice of you to admit the Badgers couldn't shoot but I am confused by how she "looked silly". Didn't ARD lose a shutout also about 12 minutes earlier? Did you even see the goal? She looked as solid as your Kaz shoe-in. I'm smelling some fear sweat on that red sweater, W is 1-1-1 and we have not gotten to the game that really matters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1XPLTTdCs

BTW - it is 'fewer' not 'less', are you a UW grad?
      Last edited by ne7minder; 02-18-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        Well, it is nice of you to admit the Badgers couldn't shoot but I am confused by how she "looked silly". Didn't ARD lose a shutout also about 12 minutes earlier? Did you even see the goal? She looked as solid as your Kaz shoe-in. I'm smelling some fear sweat on that red sweater, W is 1-1-1 and we have not gotten to the game that really matters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1XPLTTdCs

BTW - it is 'fewer' not 'less', are you a UW grad?
        TA is already thinnered up and you have to go and post the Potomak goal. That's just cruel, man
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          TA is already thinnered up and you have to go and post the Potomak goal. That's just cruel, man
          I will never get tired of watching that goal.

Comment

That goal will never leave my mind. It looked so harmless then it's in the net. It was a heck of a play. I'm a UW Whitewater grad, not a UW grad, so expect a few spelling oops.

No need for thinner at all this year. G2O have the lads right on the rodent heels for the B6 title with 6 games to go with 17 wins (SHOCKER!) and the gals have hoisted one trophy already. The ride has been more than fun and whatever happens happens. I get to see 3 more home games, I'm a happy guy.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              That goal will never leave my mind. It looked so harmless then it's in the net. It was a heck of a play. I'm a UW Whitewater grad, not a UW grad, so expect a few spelling oops.

No need for thinner at all this year. G2O have the lads right on the rodent heels for the B6 title with 6 games to go with 17 wins (SHOCKER!) and the gals have hoisted one trophy already. The ride has been more than fun and whatever happens happens. I get to see 3 more home games, I'm a happy guy.
              Which is probably a good thing for your bad kidneys and enlarged liver.

Big Ten hockey with Minnesota and Wisconsin good makes it palatable. And having it be that way at the expense of meat-chicken is all the better.

Comment

I thought for sure Lee was going to send the puck back behind the goal line to Megan Wolfe
                Last edited by KTDC; 02-19-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Which is probably a good thing for your bad kidneys and enlarged liver.
                  At some point I am going to have to do the thinner to keep my wife happy, but so far the liver hasn't shrunk to the point she notices yet. Whew.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Is todays game on the TV other than the BG10 Network?
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Is todays game on the TV other than the BG10 Network?
                      No, I think the only TV is Big10 network or streaming for which I think you'd have to get BTN on your TV or pay the regular amount for streams.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        No, I think the only TV is Big10 network or streaming for which I think you'd have to get BTN on your TV or pay the regular amount for streams.
                        Thanks.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Good first period.

Roque seems to have a short fuse...beaking off after getting called and then smashing her stick down into the floor in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            Roque seems to have a short fuse...beaking off after getting called and then smashing her stick down into the floor in the box.
                            She wasn't happy when she was called yesterday either. Maybe they didn't call penalties where she played last year.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              She wasn't happy when she was called yesterday either. Maybe they didn't call penalties where she played last year.
                              That was a dangerous play whipping the stick back around after being beat. A lot of jaw jacking as well. Just. Not. Neccessary.

Minnesota looks out of gas at the end of the 2nd period. Wisconsin's depth really creates problems.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Seriously, #18 is ridiculous...

Comment

Working...
                                X