Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Everyone will find out what Clarkson's got in the tank 10/14 & 10/15. I'm very looking forward to that series. I'm hoping there will be a way for me to see a game or two on the interweb.
    CCT web casts all its home games for free. Start with clarksonathletics.com and follow the multimedia links.

Ditto for SLU(t).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      CCT web casts all its home games for free. Start with clarksonathletics.com and follow the multimedia links.

Ditto for SLU(t).
      Sweet! How exciting! I love being able to watch opponents that are uncommon for UW to play. Also looking forward to seeing Cornell. Sorry for hijacking the rodent thread.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Now that Muzerall has been officially announced at OSU....anyone have any inside info on her replacement?
        "We all got it comin', kid." -William Munny

Comment

Coach Muzerall has been removed from the GWH roster, but noone has yet to be added

Comment

What's the buzz on Muzz's replacement? Will it be hard to fill this spot so late in the game or will the "M" be enough to lure anyone away from anywhere? I vote for hard to fill, really hard to fill.

Comment

What's the buzz on Muzz's replacement? Will it be hard to fill this spot so late in the game or will the "M" be enough to lure anyone away from anywhere? I vote for hard to fill, really hard to fill.
              Not hard to fill per se, but it will definitely be a challenge to replace her with someone of equal ability, especially given the timing.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Not hard to fill per se, but it will definitely be a challenge to replace her with someone of equal ability, especially given the timing.
                Correct...I think they could find someone on short notice who has recently graduated (Bethany Brausen comes to mind) but it will be difficult to replace what Muzerall did for the recruiting process. Having just recently lost out to Wisconsin on players like Britta Curl and Makenna Webster it is important to find someone who can fill that void.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

either they want to play for the best or they'll have to settle for one of the pretenders

at this late date, and given next year is an Olympic year, they might be best hiring an interim coach

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Correct... (Bethany Brausen comes to mind)
                    Either a great guess or you have connections. BB it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Having just recently lost out to Wisconsin on players like Britta Curl and Makenna Webster it is important to find someone who can fill that void.
                      If Muzz couldn't beat MJ, some rookie will only do worse. It's ok though, the roster for the next 3 years is pretty much filled for UW. Unless MJ takes a page out of Frosty's playbook and hoards them.

Comment

Unless MJ takes a page out of Frosty's playbook and hoards them.
                        Not hoarding. Strickly a case of demand outstripping supply, i.e. more girls wanting to play for the two-time defending national champions. Perhaps someday Wisconsin will find itself in a similar position....
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

If Muzz couldn't beat MJ, some rookie will only do worse.
                          other than Chicken Little, who says the Gophers lost out? Each school can only get so many, I'd say the Gophers did quite nicely last year, this year , and next year, they rank right up there with the best classes ever, maybe not quite 2012/13, but darn close.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Perhaps someday Wisconsin will find itself in a similar position....
                            That is sweet of you to say but lets not give them unrealistic expectations.

Comment

Brausen has the potential to be a really good hire. At least what was expressed publicly while she was a player made it seem like she could be a very good coach if she has a real interest in it, as I assume she does. She has no experience coaching at this level, but Frost and Johnson have plenty to cover while she gets up to speed. She'll have to learn recruiting, but it helps that the Gophers have a large slate of commitments already for coming years.

So, I approve of this hire. Then again, I'm biased, since she was a part of my favorite Gopher class ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                Either a great guess or you have connections. BB it is.
                                I'll just call it an educated guess.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X