Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Grace Zumwinkle in a Maroon and Gold uniform next season:

Breck's Grace Zumwinkle is bringin' the heat with her slapshot
    http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
    With that shot you can see why she was, at times, on the point for the U18 power play. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the Gophers put her to use on the power play.

Mr. T was asked what his prediction was for WCHA goalies facing Zumwinkle next year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-31-2017, 10:51 AM. Reason: Mr. T quote
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

"Working with Bjugstad helped Zumwinkle find a stick with the proper flex, which means a stiffer shaft to give her better control. She’s the only female high school player Bjugstad has seen use an 87 flex. Most are in the 60s."

When I was a kid, highly curved sticks were all the rage. The result was that many kids had a great slap shot but their wristshot was inaccurate and backhand was non existent. The coach, at least at my school, had very limited funds to buy sticks, hell our school didn't have an indoor rink until after I graduated. So everyone bought their own, and my dad being cheap, bought one he thought would last longer than his job ( a construction worker) so although my slap shot was an ankle biter, it was accurate, and it forced me to develop a good wrist and backhand.

Today, it's using a spaghetti noodle, and the result is that they get off quick shots, and shots that really take off, but can't hit a barn.
      Last edited by pokechecker; 01-31-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        "Working with Bjugstad helped Zumwinkle find a stick with the proper flex, which means a stiffer shaft to give her better control. She’s the only female high school player Bjugstad has seen use an 87 flex. Most are in the 60s."

When I was a kid, highly curved sticks were all the rage. The result was that many kids had a great slap shot but their wristshot was inaccurate and backhand was non existent. The coach, at least at my school, had very limited funds to buy sticks, hell our school didn't have an indoor rink until after I graduated. So everyone bought their own, and my dad being cheap, bought one he thought would last longer than his job ( a construction worker) so although my slap shot was an ankle biter, it was accurate, and it forced me to develop a good wrist and backhand.

Today, it's using a spaghetti noodle, and the result is that they get off quick shots, and shots that really take off, but can't hit a barn.
        PC, what did you do to make Brookyone go away?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          I didn't do anything, Ze is still around, I got a nastygram from zer, I would guess zer time is mostly consumed by attending all of the post election protests

Comment

I didn't do anything, Ze is still around, I got a nastygram from zer, I would guess zer time is mostly consumed by attending all of the post election protests
            I might have seen Brooky with a vagina on the head in Madison 2 weeks ago at one of the protests that I accidentally stumbled into looking for food between hockey games.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I might have seen Brooky with a vagina on the head in Madison 2 weeks ago at one of the protests that I accidentally stumbled into looking for food between hockey games.
              all they serve at Ridder is Bratwurst

Comment

all they serve at Ridder is Bratwurst
                Rumor has it they also serve some pretty tepid hot chocolate as well...

Comment

Rumor has it they also serve some pretty tepid hot chocolate as well...
                  I've heard that rumor too. Why would anyone keep drinking tepid hot chocolate at Ridder every game for 14 years? Maybe because they don't serve beer.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If memory serves, Brooky had some personal things going on at home.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Looking forward to seeing Grace Zumwinkle in a Maroon and Gold uniform next season:

Breck's Grace Zumwinkle is bringin' the heat with her slapshot
                      http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
                      It is entirely possible you won't see here in maroon & gold next year as she will be wearing red white & blue. I can hardly wait to hear TimAh whine how unfair it is she still gets to play 4 years after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        It is entirely possible you won't see here in maroon & gold next year as she will be wearing red white & blue. I can hardly wait to hear TimAh whine how unfair it is she still gets to play 4 years after that.
                        Getting way ahead of things here, but imagine the whining if she were to make it both in 2018 AND 2022, and then return to help the Gophers crush the Badgers in 2022-23. I believe she would need an exemption from the NCAA, and I wonder if there is any precedent for them granting one for athletes competing in the Olympics?
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          I don't mind 4 years, it's when you get 6, that bothers me. At any rate, Sophie Shirley will match her goal for goal, UW will have Clark and Pankowski against her for her freshman year, and UW will have better goaltenders as usual, so BRING IT!
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't mind 4 years, it's when you get 6, that bothers me. At any rate, Sophie Shirley will match her goal for goal, UW will have Clark and Pankowski against her for her freshman year, and UW will have better goaltenders as usual, so BRING IT!
                            Blah...Blah...Blah...You know this is Wisconsin's best opportunity in quite awhile...Seriously, it is so teed up for your squad this year that if they don't win the whole shebang, you are going to blow a gasket and wind up in the booby hatch.

Comment

I don't mind 4 years, it's when you get 6, that bothers me.
                              So you'll have a problem with Pankowski in two years? Got it.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I assume that you will be quite bothered when Pankowski is playing for the 2018-19 Badgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X