Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Big weekend coming for the Gophs! Start of 4 good series in a row.

Love to see us come up with 2 strong games. Hard to say UND is a bigger test for Peters than UMD but I think she's been starting to get more comfortable lately so it would be nice to see her play a great series and really start to solidify herself. Keep the top line rolling and add some more secondary scoring is my other big wish.

UND will be confident having come from behind to tie the Bulldogs on Sunday and with their recent success against the Minnesota. It's also "Pack The Ralph" night on Friday.

Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      Keep the top line rolling and add some more secondary scoring is my other big wish.
      That's two big wishes! Add in Peters playing a great series and that's three! Here's hoping all your wishes come true!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        Big weekend coming for the Gophs! Start of 4 good series in a row.

Love to see us come up with 2 strong games. Hard to say UND is a bigger test for Peters than UMD but I think she's been starting to get more comfortable lately so it would be nice to see her play a great series and really start to solidify herself. Keep the top line rolling and add some more secondary scoring is my other big wish.

UND will be confident having come from behind to tie the Bulldogs on Sunday and with their recent success against the Minnesota. It's also "Pack The Ralph" night on Friday.

Go Gophers!
        UND has better goal tending, so it's kinda like the Bemidji series, give up a goal and it might be all they need

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          UND has better goal tending, so it's kinda like the Bemidji series, give up a goal and it might be all they need
          And there's your sign...and again...Now in a 0-2 hole.
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-18-2016, 07:22 PM.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

0-2? Minnesota not have a full line up? Injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
              0-2? Minnesota not have a full line up? Injuries?
              We have one hand tied behind our back.

Comment

Sure. And suspect goaltending too?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                  Sure. And suspect goaltending too?
                  No, no, that's not what I meant

Comment

Spot them two goals, but interesting 2nd period. I thought we played well that period. To me we're making a lot of mistakes, but UND causes a lot of them and can make you pay for them. Need to play really hard without getting frustrated, and I don't think we can allow them any decent scoring chances!

Comment

Well, I wish we would have won. But all in all that was a great game!

I think it was a pretty darn good performance by the Gophs considering that 2-0 start!
                      Last edited by KTDC; 11-18-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Not positive but I thought that on all four goals the last contact on the puck before it went into the net was by a Gopher player.

Two goals for Cameranesi and two own goals for Skarzynski.
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                          Two goals for Cameranesi and two own goals for Skarzynski.
                          First goal was Hirschey fighting off Schipper in front, and #6 in white had the last touch.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I was pleased with our performance Friday and thought it was a really good game despite giving up the early lead.

I didn't love our performance yesterday. I thought UND played really well. They are a big team and they used that to their advantage. We made a bunch of slow lazy passes and the way the Fighting Hawks were playing passing needed to be crisper and more decisive. Weekends like this are good because it reminds the Gophers that sometimes if you don't play good enough to win you don't get to win.

Maybe we should start playing 15 minute first periods and just spot the opponent one goal.

Comment

shouldn't the headline on the Gophersports site be :

Gophers settle for second straight shootout win.
                              rather than:
                              Gophers earn second straight shoot-out win.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                                shouldn't the headline on the Gophersports site be :

Gophers settle for second straight shootout win.
                                rather than:
                                Gophers earn second straight shoot-out win.
                                Well they did have to come from behind in both games to "earn" the opportunity to win each shootout.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X