Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Great career, Anne, and best of luck in all of your future endeavors!

U.S. Olympic women's hockey player Anne Schleper retires
    http://www.startribune.com/us-olympi...res/413895103/
    Certainly one of the finest Gophers to ever play and from everything I read or heard about her one of the nicest persons as well.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I believe Mark Johnson called her the best player on the ice every time she was on the ice.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Series Preview
        http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...ign=wknd021617

Get there early!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

With sectional play in girls hockey now complete, and with the Gophers hosting their biggest rival, I expect Ridder to be pretty full this afternoon.

Gophers women end hockey season vs. Wisconsin at Ridder
          http://www.startribune.com/gophers-w...der/414141263/

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            With sectional play in girls hockey now complete, and with the Gophers hosting their biggest rival, I expect Ridder to be pretty full this afternoon.

Yes, but is there room for any Gopher fans. Word is Timothy A Jr has a lot of friends and we haven't heard how many tickets he actually bought!

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
              With sectional play in girls hockey now complete, and with the Gophers hosting their biggest rival, I expect Ridder to be pretty full this afternoon
              Standing room only by the time we got here just before game time.

Comment

Once again, I can't remember/don't know where to find game audio, radio or computer. Help!
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                  Once again, I can't remember/don't know where to find game audio, radio or computer. Help!
                  I don't know about UM radio, but there's a Badger radio broadcast here:

https://www.iheart.com/live/1009-fm1070-am-7273/

Comment

Thanks!
                    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post

They saw a great game. Ended in a1-1 tie. MN was they better team for 52 minutes but ran out of gas in the 3rd. OT was back and forth.

Minn was not a lot better and Wisc had their moments. Peters and the D came up big when they needed to. The last 8 minutes of the 3rd were all red.

This was also the nastiest game I have seen between them and included a Badger punching a Gopher in the back of the head when she got stripped of the puck, uncalled. The officiating was the usual crud of ignoring stuff and then calling imaginary stuff. The only 'nice' thing I can say about it is that it was equally awful for both sides.
                      Last edited by ne7minder; 02-18-2017, 07:25 PM. Reason: speelin

Comment

Attendance was reported at 3498. I think that's the first time I've ever seen it higher than 3400.

Comment

For 50 minutes, this was the best Minnesota has played all year, with the possible exception of the win in Madison. Peters was the better goalie and she was almost able to steal the game.

If they keep playing like this, they're going to be a danger to anyone. The only worry is the way they wilted inthe last ten minutes of regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            Peters was the better goalie.
                            Hmmm, both allow 1 goal, Peters faces less shots and loses the shutout (and looked silly in losing it).....keep telling yourself that, delusional hope is all you have.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Hmmm, both allow 1 goal, Peters faces less shots and loses the shutout (and looked silly in losing it).....keep telling yourself that, delusional hope is all you have.
                              Peters made the harder saves, and also didn't have the puck fall out of her glove into the crease several times as Desbiens did.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                                Attendance was reported at 3498. I think that's the first time I've ever seen it higher than 3400.
                                (3,400 the official stated capacity - lots of standing room only patrons today)

Comment

Working...
                                X