Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for our players and that we won. It's just the contrast between our players and the UMD players is devastating.

The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat! It's starkly there in that contrast.
    Looked like a real crappy visitor's locker-room from what you can see in the video. Just an observation.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      https://youtu.be/qxhmVh571gc
      Broken link?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Broken link?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxhm...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Broken link?
          It works, it just wasn't posted as a link.

Also, yeah, wow, that's a lousy locker room, especially considering how new the building is - but the "Fly the W" was pretty amusing.

Comment

So fun to see the pure joy! And good to see Hanna Brandt there for support.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
              Also, yeah, wow, that's a lousy locker room, especially considering how new the building is...
              I'm wondering if that could be the visitor's locker room since the Gophers were the lower seed? I believe the Gopher's locker room was remodeled fairly recently.

Comment

It works, it just wasn't posted as a link.

Also, yeah, wow, that's a lousy locker room, especially considering how new the building is - but the "Fly the W" was pretty amusing.
                Not being a regular follower of the Cubs, I had to look up the origin of "Fly The W." Great video.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Also, yeah, wow, that's a lousy locker room, especially considering how new the building is
                  Had a tour of the facilities and it was state of the art although I can't recall the visitors' dressing room but I don't recall thinking it was shabby.

You should see The 'Dogs' dressing room...absolutely gorgeous and extremely functional incorporating a facility for socializing/lounging down the hall as well. (Not that anyone on these teams has much time for lounging).
                  Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-13-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

GWH got a front page on the athletics website!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...four-2017.html

Comment

In the end, it was a pretty good season. I'd love to know how it would have played out without the rash of injuries in the middle. Tonight was a shame, but you aren't going to reach the final every year. They certainly went farther than I thought they would in January.

So, until next year, go Bucky.

Comment

Certainly disappointed by tonights result but really not unexpected considering they had many of the issues seen in this game during the year. Seemingly had shaken at least some of them but ultimately just not good enough to get back to the title game. Given that they had been in the previous 5 title games, I can't be too disappointed.

Looking ahead to next year, They will get some much needed talent added to the forward group and improved competition in goal. They also add two very good defenders but losing Stecklein... they have no answer for that.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          GWH got a front page on the athletics website!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...four-2017.html
                          We should send a thank you note to the mens bb team

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            In the end, it was a pretty good season. I'd love to know how it would have played out without the rash of injuries in the middle. Tonight was a shame, but you aren't going to reach the final every year. They certainly went farther than I thought they would in January.

So, until next year, go Bucky.
                            Ditto...WCHA power.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Ditto...WCHA power.
                              I'll just sit back and watch. The Clarkson fans on here have always conducted themselves with class, so I'm not going to root against them. May the better team on Sunday win.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                I'll just sit back and watch. The Clarkson fans on here have always conducted themselves with class, so I'm not going to root against them. May the better team on Sunday win.
                                I seem to remember a few comments on the fan forum from the usual suspects berating the Gophers for being the first WCHA team to lose the championship to an eastern school, so it would be funny if.... Oh, never mind, may the best team win and the rink solid ice with no lifeguards needed.
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X