Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

AGNEW SELECTED FOR HOCKEY CANADA CAMP
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...041717aaa.html

IIHF WOMEN'S WORLDS RECAP WITH POTOMAK
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...041717aab.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

SEASON RECAP: A LOOK BACK AT 2016-17
      http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...042017aaa.html

Comment

Congrats to former Gopher Terra Rasmussen Johnson on being named girls head coach at the Academy of Holy Angels.

https://www.academyofholyangels.org/...hes-announced/

Comment

Too bad this young lady didn't grow up in Minnesota and learn to skate! I bet she would have developed a pretty hard shot from the point...

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Gopher's softball team, now 45-3 and ranked No. 4 in the country. Obviously Lindaman has been a big part of their success.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-f...end/420683493/

Comment

Six reasons to be optimistic about the Gopher's prospects in 2017-18.

FUTURE GOPHERS EARN MULTIPLE ACCOLADES
            http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...042717aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Too bad this young lady didn't grow up in Minnesota and learn to skate! I bet she would have developed a pretty hard shot from the point...

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Gopher's softball team, now 45-3 and ranked No. 4 in the country. Obviously Lindaman has been a big part of their success.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-f...end/420683493/
              Just got back from the game. The kid can hit a little bit. BTW - since it is a hockey board, half the GWH team was there tonight & razzing the players from the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                After watching Worlds, I will not be surprised if Kelly and Sarah make their respective Olympic teams.
                I would think the chances for both have gone up since the season ended. With Canada losing to USA you'd think they'd be conducive to go with new players than keep the old team, and with Stauber's recent comments on going with creativity I'd think KP's chances look better as well.

Comment

Big congratulations to Kelly Pannek on being selected to the USA Women's Olympic team!

Comment

yup, Dani too, hopefully they'll play a game or two in MN before going to Korea

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      yup, Dani too, hopefully they'll play a game or two in MN before going to Korea
                      I had singled out Kelly only because
                      she​ has a year of eligibility left.
                      She will be sorely missed in the Gopher's lineup next season, obviously.
                      Last edited by D2D; 05-05-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

With Pannek and the two Potomaks being centralized, I've got us with 18 skaters and 4 goaltenders next year. Is that right?

Skaters........................................
                        Piazza, Cara.. F
                        Reilly, Caitlin.. F
                        Zumwinkle, Grace.. F
                        Williamson, Taylor.. F
                        Woken, Alex.. F
                        Agnew, Lindsay.. F
                        Schammel, Nicole.. F
                        Keller, Kippin.. F
                        Wente, Taylor.. F
                        Gunderson, Tianna.. F
                        Barlow, Anna.. F
                        Smith, Sierra F
                        Baldwin, Sydney.. D
                        Marshall, Patti.. D
                        Robinson, Katie ..D
                        Brown,Emily.. D
                        Knowles, Olivia.. D
                        Skarzynski, Sophie.. D

The 'F' and 'D's may not be exact...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          With Pannek and the two Potomaks being centralized, I've got us with 18 skaters and 4 goaltenders next year. Is that right?

Skaters........................................
                          Piazza, Cara.. F
                          Reilly, Caitlin.. F
                          Zumwinkle, Grace.. F
                          Williamson, Taylor.. F
                          Woken, Alex.. F
                          Agnew, Lindsay.. F
                          Schammel, Nicole.. F
                          Keller, Kippin.. F
                          Wente, Taylor.. F
                          Gunderson, Tianna.. F
                          Barlow, Anna.. F
                          Smith, Sierra F
                          Baldwin, Sydney.. D
                          Marshall, Patti.. D
                          Robinson, Katie ..D
                          Brown,Emily.. D
                          Knowles, Olivia.. D
                          Skarzynski, Sophie.. D

The 'F' and 'D's may not be exact...haha.
                          I've got the same list. I wonder if one of the goalies will take a red shirt year. Piazza is the top returning center, and even though Williamson has played center, I have the impression Brad likes her at wing. Piazza between Reilly and Zumwinkle? Woken between Schammel and Agnew? Wente between Williamson and Keller? Gunderson between Smith and Barlow? Lots of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                            I've got the same list. I wonder if one of the goalies will take a red shirt year. Piazza is the top returning center, and even though Williamson has played center, I have the impression Brad likes her at wing. Piazza between Reilly and Zumwinkle? Woken between Schammel and Agnew? Wente between Williamson and Keller? Gunderson between Smith and Barlow? Lots of questions.
                            wasn't Williamson centering Piazza at the end of the season? Piazza creates offense by causing turnovers, of which she is usually the benefactor, despite being a beast in the face-off circle and chasing down the puck like a golden retriever I've always thought she would and will be a more productive (scoring) wing than center. Williamson centering Piazza and Reilly, who seemed to be much more aggressive last year, would be a nice aggressive line to go up against the other teams first line and also put the puck in the net.
                            Agnew finished the season at center, and I would guess will likely be there again.
                            It should be fun to see who takes advantage of the opportunity of a shorter bench.

given the numbers, I wonder if they'll try everyone who isn't on the first three lines at D again
                            We didn't see much of Barlow last year, but the year before she seemed to have good instincts for the game and would seem to be a good candidate to play D if they need another body there. Skarzynski will be a junior this year yet she's only played a year at D. I'm hoping they play her at forward the entire year, I think she could do a lot of scoring if she did. Don't worry about D, I'm confident Katie Robinson is going to have a huge year.

I wonder if Amy Potomak will actually not play for the Gophers this coming year. They say they are going to pick the final 23 in December, what is she going to do the rest of the year if she doesn't make the final team? For that matter, how much ice time will she see this fall for Canada? Hopefully Team Canada isn't as dumb as Team USA was in 2014, if it doesn't look like she'll be one of the final 23 in September, they cut her loose so she can play for the Gophers.
                            Last edited by pokechecker; 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              I wonder if Amy Potomak will actually not play for the Gophers this coming year. They say they are going to pick the final 23 in December, what is she going to do the rest of the year if she doesn't make the final team? For that matter, how much ice time will she see this fall for Canada? Hopefully Team Canada isn't as dumb as Team USA was in 2014, if it doesn't look like she'll be one of the final 23 in September, they cut her loose so she can play for the Gophers.
                              Why would the Canada program select her for the centralization and then cut her loose in September? To help U Minnesota? Really? No way. They will carry her as a minimum as a hedge against injuries until December and she should be thrilled to be there. And she would be a fool to burn a year of eligibility by starting mid-season with Minnesota. The event you fear (December cut) is exactly what happened to Annie Pankowski in the last Olympic cycle and she played somewhere (Whitecaps maybe?) for the Jan-Mar timeframe and it appears to have worked out for her....what with her being on the team for real this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                And she would be a fool to burn a year of eligibility by starting mid-season with Minnesota.
                                I vote for this. Let's face it, she's going to Rodentsota, how smart is she really?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X