Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
    The Gopher Womens Hockey front page shows the Korean National team in town Sep 24 and then Merrimack in town the following weekend. I didn't find the complete schedule yet, but Hannah Brandt's sister, Marissa (aka Yoon Jung Park) is on the Korean team.
    I predict Gophers 10 Korea 0. Even with 3 big Gopher guns centralized

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
      I predict Gophers 10 Korea 0. Even with 3 big Gopher guns centralized
      Probably. The upside is that the game against Team Japan four years ago brought out a couple of Japanese graduate students to the game who have become among the most dedicated GWH fans we have.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
        The Gopher Womens Hockey front page shows the Korean National team in town Sep 24 and then Merrimack in town the following weekend. I didn't find the complete schedule yet, but Hannah Brandt's sister, Marissa (aka Yoon Jung Park) is on the Korean team.
        Having these imported players on the team is so disingenuous to what the Olympics is all about.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Having these imported players on the team is so disingenuous to what the Olympics is all about.
          For what it's worth, Marissa Brandt has held South Korean citizenship since birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            For what it's worth, Marissa Brandt has held South Korean citizenship since birth.
            Come on seriously?

Comment

Come on seriously?
              Yes, seriously. The Brandts went to Korea to adopt her when she was an infant. The Korean name she uses as a part of their national team is her birth name.
              Last edited by Eeyore; 05-19-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Yes, seriously. The Brandts went to Korea to adopt her when she was an infant. The Korean name she uses as a part of their national team is her birth name.
                Wow. I'm staying out of this thread. Have a great summer.

Comment

Likewise...And for your liver's sake try to ease up on the thinner.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Good news on one front anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                      Obviously, the schedule is undergoing tweeks with the demise of UND, which opened two weekends; and (obvious statement coming) trying to fill them is going to be difficult. I can't say what the schedule is yet, but they have filled one of the two schedule gaps with a non-conference opponent and have moved some conference games around perhaps to make another non-conference/exhibition series possible. So it's a work in progress which I'm sure will be ready sooner than later.
                      Needless to say, this will be a very different year. No Pannek and neither of the Pottys. SEVERAL individuals will have to step up and carry this team next season, but I'm looking forward to it.
                      I think Dan was trying to warn us not to jump to conclusions yet. The partial schedule that was there is now gone. So maybe GWH will not be playing Korea after all, and maybe Wisco will actually be coming to town the (traditional) last weekend of the regular season instead of early on. We may just have seen a test schedule used to verify that the load process works and which accidentally was left for us to see.

Comment

Ranking GWH No. 9 out of 10 in Gopher team sports, the StarTribune's Patrick Reusse proves he knows next to nothing about hockey.

http://www.startribune.com/ranking-g...rst/424209563/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Ranking GWH No. 9 out of 10 in Gopher team sports, the StarTribune's Patrick Reusse proves he knows next to nothing about hockey.
                          That sentence is two words too long.

Comment

Working...
                          X