R.I.P. Jim Prior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Jim Prior

A sad day in the Hockey East and college hockey world. I have it on good authority that former Boston University and Hockey East PA announcer Jim Prior has passed away. Jim was well known and respected not only in these worlds but also in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Super 8 championships at the High School level.

Jim, you will be missed.

Re: R.I.P. Jim Prior

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
    A sad day in the Hockey East and college hockey world. I have it on good authority that former Boston University and Hockey East PA announcer Jim Prior has passed away. Jim was well known and respected not only in these worlds but also in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Super 8 championships at the High School level.

Jim, you will be missed.
    Very sad news. R.I.P. Jim.

Comment

Link to an article written over 10 years ago on USCHO:

http://www.uscho.com/2002/11/11/a-prior-engagement/

Comment

Condolences to family and friends. Hands down the best PA announcer I ever heard. Really looked forward to listening to him at Walter Brown, Agganis, and the Garden. May heaven reverberate with his signature call, "the teams are ready so let's play hockey"!

Comment

This guy was the voice of hockey for me growing up as a kid. Very sad to see him go. Boston hockey will never be the same.
          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Definitely something many looked forward to hearing every year at the Hockey East Semis/Finals! He will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
              Definitely something many looked forward to hearing every year at the Hockey East Semis/Finals! He will be missed!!
              Yes indeed.... > "THIS IS HOCKEY EAST"

Comment

There are some things that rise above even the most intense and bitter of rivalries, and the voice of Jim Prior was one of them.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A class guy with a tremendous voice. RIP Jim

Comment

Just read this news on Twitter. Sad to learn of Jim's passing.

Comment

Information on the Obituary

PRIOR, James A., Jr. Of Arlington, July 23, 2016. Beloved husband of Antoinette "Chickie" (Ferraro). Loving father of Dennis and wife Theresa of Springfield and Michael and wife Tara of Arlington. Father in law of Linda Kane of Malden. Devoted grandfather of Cameron, Brandon, Meghan, and Kathryn. Brother of Katherine Murray of Belmont and Mary Ann Prior of Weymouth. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Jim was "The Voice of BU Hockey" for over 30 years. He was 20 year Navy Veteran in which he served in the Viet Nam War. Inducted into the MA Hockey Hall of Fame, also very active in Eastern Junior Hockey. Worked over 20 years with Stone and Webster in Boston. Funeral from the Keefe Funeral Home, 5 Chestnut St., (Rt.60, adjacent to St. Agnes Church) ARLINGTON, on Thursday at 10:30 am. Funeral Mass at Saint Agnes Church at 11:30 am. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours Wednesday 4-8 pm. Burial in Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Arlington. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to New England Center and Home for Veterans, 17 Court St., Boston, MA 02108. For directions or to send a condolence visit www.keefefuneralhome.com

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bos...371&fhid=10108

Comment

Jim was a great guy. Always fun to chat with after the game. You could tell how much he loved hockey. I'm hoping BU does something for him during the upcoming season.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by split-n View Post
                          there are some things that rise above even the most intense and bitter of rivalries, and the voice of jim prior was one of them.
                          this!
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Kudos to BU for letting him stay even when not 100%
                            and honoring him on ice before a game last year

Comment

A real treasure. He'll be missed!

Comment

Working...
                              X