• Show
Clear All

Re: R.I.P. Jim Prior

RIP Jim, a true gem.
    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        Kudos to BU for letting him stay even when not 100%
        and honoring him on ice before a game last year
        Was thinking of posting the same thing. He clearly was having challenges with the strength of his voice down the stretch, and I'm really glad that BU stuck with him to the end.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Was thinking of posting the same thing. He clearly was having challenges with the strength of his voice down the stretch, and I'm really glad that BU stuck with him to the end.
          Yup
          We all know what's going on out there without help from a voice. Mookie was just glad we got to finish it out with Jim.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

RIP Jim. A sad day for all of us. Beanpot and HE tourney won't be the same with out him. To me ,hearing his voice at the Beanpot was something special and a part of the rivalry that we all cherish.
            Last edited by sterlippo1; 07-28-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              RIP Jim. A sad day for all of us. Beanpot and HE tourney won't be the same with out him. To me ,hearing his voice at the Beanpot was something special and a part of the rivalry that we all cherish.
              This.

R.I.P. Jim
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                He's left some seriously big shoes to fill. I almost feel bad for the next guy.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  He's left some seriously big shoes to fill. I almost feel bad for the next guy.
                  yeah - if you are the one attempting to fill those shoes do you repeat his signature phrase to honor him, or stay away from it to let it remain his and only his?
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    yeah - if you are the one attempting to fill those shoes do you repeat his signature phrase to honor him, or stay away from it to let it remain his and only his?
                    They were already doing that last season saying, "in the words of Jim Prior, the teams are ready..."

Comment

Working...
                    X