Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XV: Before & After: Dancing in the Streets of Philadelphia!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XV: Before & After: Dancing in the Streets of Philadelphia!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    He'll have access to as many experts as he wants. The problem is that he'll want zero. The policy side of things means absolutely zero to him. He just doesn't care. He doesn't want to be President, he just wants to win the election. Somebody insulted him and now he wants to win just to prove he's not the sad, little man he knows he is deep down inside.
    I understand that, but the guy has a huge ego, and I can't see him not preparing. He's accustomed to using experts in his business matters, so he understands their importance, even though he is an attention-seeking child.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XV: Before & After: Dancing in the Streets of Philadelphia!

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
      I love it. On 1/20/17 I'll stop being a racist and become a misogynist
      Why can't you be both?

Interesting take on the Bloomberg invited to speak angle, but I think trolling Trump all serves the same purpose. Yes to get him upset but more than that. The theme of the Dem campaign in terms of the opposition is surprisingly simple for once. Trump is a dangerous lunatic. Once that sets in people's minds, its kinda hard to ever go back on. Trump may have succeeded in labeling Hillary corrupt (the entire point of his convention) but if forced to choose between low level corruption and insanity gimme corruption 6 days a week and twice on Sunday!

For any lefties not liking Hillary that's okay but you should take heart in her campaign team. They're been top notch thus far. Hillary isn't trying to be something she's not - a game changing inspirational orator like some of the Presidents that have come before her. That's a lesson she hadn't learned in 2008.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        I love it. On 1/20/17 I'll stop being a racist and become a misogynist
        So hate can come from policy positions? If anything we can read over the last 2 centuries- mostly, Presidential policy isn't going to ruin this country- it never has for now, and isn't likely going to.

Even IF tD get's elected, he's going to run head strong right into the House and Senate, and 2 of the three branches are going to fight pretty tooth and nail. However he tries to stack the SCOTUS in his favor, the Senate can deny that.

Seems like the biggest problem with Hillary is that she was an un-elected person trying to influence policy. AKA- she was a lobbyist, as First Lady. Big deal. Everything went downhill, nationally, from there. Or was it that people were offended that she kept the name Rodham after she got married to Bill so that she can still keep her law practice the same? Oh, such an evil woman for doing that.

I don't see policy as a reason to hate someone with the venom people have with her.

If it's policy you hate, at least spell it out.

For me, I looked into the 3rd party, and don't see enough plus/minus change to justify voting for them. I see no plus for tD, and a lot of minuses.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I understand that, but the guy has a huge ego, and I can't see him not preparing. He's accustomed to using gut feelings in his business matters, so he understands their importance, even though he is an attention-seeking child.
          FYP.

Like the gut feeling that we are in a more dangerous society- when crime is actually down. Facts be ****ed- give me feelings!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            FYP.

Like the gut feeling that we are in a more dangerous society- when crime is actually down. Facts be ****ed- give me feelings!
            Many probably saw the interview via John Oliver, but for those that haven't, Newt's take on this issue is worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              Many probably saw the interview via John Oliver, but for those that haven't, Newt's take on this issue is worth a watch.
              And it wasn't JUST Newt. I don't remember the guy's name who in convinced that President Obama is a Muslim. He feels it deeply. So it must be true.

Comment

FYP.

Makes sense, alfa, but I can't accept it because your tag line shows you are a LIAR!! No way FS23 would say such a thing while sober and any proof to the contrary is a fabrication.

Comment

So hate can come from policy positions? If anything we can read over the last 2 centuries- mostly, Presidential policy isn't going to ruin this country- it never has for now, and isn't likely going to.

Even IF tD get's elected, he's going to run head strong right into the House and Senate, and 2 of the three branches are going to fight pretty tooth and nail. However he tries to stack the SCOTUS in his favor, the Senate can deny that.

Seems like the biggest problem with Hillary is that she was an un-elected person trying to influence policy. AKA- she was a lobbyist, as First Lady. Big deal. Everything went downhill, nationally, from there. Or was it that people were offended that she kept the name Rodham after she got married to Bill so that she can still keep her law practice the same? Oh, such an evil woman for doing that.

I don't see policy as a reason to hate someone with the venom people have with her.

If it's policy you hate, at least spell it out.

For me, I looked into the 3rd party, and don't see enough plus/minus change to justify voting for them. I see no plus for tD, and a lot of minuses.
                  It was a statement to Scooby rather than against HRC. For the past 8 years, opposition to policies or how BO acted was, in several instances, met with cries of racism. Since Scooby stated that the opposition to HRC was estrogen based and she is Caucasian, I expect that once she's POTUS, sooner or later a similar disagreement with her (such as her taxation plans, TPP) will be labeled misogyny rather than racist. The over/under for said labeling is 3/17/17.

Like you, I agree that the nation will perceiver regardless of who wins. And...like Rover, I'll take corruption over stupidity any day of the week. I just don't have to like it and, since I'm in a state that will go HRC, don't have to choose the lesser of the two as I have had to in the past.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

And it wasn't JUST Newt. I don't remember the guy's name who in convinced that President Obama is a Muslim. He feels it deeply. So it must be true.
                    It was Antonio Sabato Jr.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Its more I have faith in my fellow man to completely reject Trump. Substitute Hillary for Uncle Joe Biden and I'd be saying the same thing. Generic Dem beats Generic Gooper in a Presidential election because there's More Of Us. Generic Dem beats nutjob Republican by even more.
                      I was complimenting you on your loyalty.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Seriously, have you just set up some sort of computer algorithm to spit out variations of names, using various synonyms for orange tinted color for the first, and fascists for the second?
                        I stole the last one from Trevor Noah. I was much happier with Apricot Authoritarian, but Dr. Mrs. preferred the smooth South African dude. I have never been more jealous.

I'm sorry if this offends the fans of the Pumpkin Pinochet.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Still- I can't really wrap my head around the Clinton hate.
                          It's just blind partisan bile. You're talking about people who found a way to revile Michelle Obama, who seems to be an all-around very nice, smart, funny person. But to Republicans she's Jeffrey Dahmer because... reasons.

At a certain point who people hate stops telling you anything about their targets and everything about them.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Interesting that Mr. Ratings got slaughtered in the ratings race for the two conventions. Rumor has it he's now saying he didn't have anything to do with the GOP convention except his speech.

I guess Chachi wasn't his fault either.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Interesting take on the Bloomberg invited to speak angle, but I think trolling Trump all serves the same purpose.
                              I'm not sure they did it intentionally. Competent as they've been in recent history, I'm still of the generation that expects the Democrats to blunder their way through things, so it was probably a happy accident that worked out perfectly. Yes, everybody on the left side is going to troll Trump. But Bloomberg specifically is a guy that really cuts deep on Trump, because he went up there publicly and said Trump doesn't belong in the super-rich elite club. It's a guy that has hit a few home runs pointing out Trump is still stuck on third base where he was born. And there's nothing that hurts Trump more. He doesn't care about not knowing enough policy to fix the world's problems. He can't spell demagogue. He doesn't care that he cheated people out of money(that's just how the game is played). But he desperately wants everyone to know that he is a rich, successful person.

So you're right that every Dem is going to tell people Trump as a dangerous lunatic. But Bloomberg managed the trick of getting Trump to tell people he's a dangerous lunatic.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Not much...there is always someone looking for a payday and to get his foot in the door on a campaign.
                                I disagree -- I think his distance from the GOP professionals will strongly affect who he hires as advisors. You know the joke that Newt Gingrich is a stupid man's idea of a smart man? Trump is the kind of person who would hire Newt as an advisor. He would hire Doug Feith as a Middle East expert if he was a decent golfer. Or more likely he'll hire celeb pundits. Imagine debate prep with Jonah Goldberg on Israel, Peggy Noonan on women's pay equity, Bill Kristol on economics and Laura Ingraham on reproductive rights?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X