University of New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of New England

Should be a very good night with the UNE President, CCC Commish and two UNE students doing the ceremonial "face-off" Should be a packed house and there was a contest for two students to be selected to be part of the ceremonial face-off: https://twitter.com/UNewEnglandVPAD/status/794131549331582976
    Last edited by Fred.Davenport; 11-03-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to UNE F Trevor Fleurent on becoming the all-time (modern era) leading goal scorer and point totals. He had a great night last nigh against Nichols, 3G 2A.

Comment

Very Nice WGME/CBS Feature on UNE Ice Hockey and their upcoming exhibition game with USA Hockey's U18 on Saturday at 7:00pm at UNE's Harold Alfond Forum

https://youtu.be/Y15NXUC08c8

and

https://youtu.be/ql1QIRnz8mA

Comment

A very impressive win over the USNDTP last Saturday night at the Forum. The kids from the NDTP are very talented and very quick. UNE Goalie played a very confident game, even though the NDTP must have hit iron at least 4 times. UNE had two goals not allowed, one because of a whistle, the ref lost sight of the puck (legitimate) and one where the UNE kid hit the upper left corner of the net and the ref missed it. The puck caught "nuthin' but net". It was a great shot, too great for the ref to see.

Hopefully the boys form UNE can build off of this great win to finish the season strong.

On a side note, NDTP easily beat the Maine Orono team the night before, 6-2!

Comment

What an incredible two games and wins for the UNE Nor'easters over USAHockey's U18 team and then a great 6-4 win over Bowdoin in front a School Day crowd of over 700 Biddeford school kids and their teachers.

Lots of Photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/uneath...57675310970403

Comment

Nice pictures!

I like this one the best: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uneath...7675310970403/

Good weekend by UNE!
              Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
              2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                Nice pictures!

I like this one the best: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uneath...7675310970403/

Good weekend by UNE!
                Hey Ozz

I'm coming down to your neck of the woods with the family for the eclipse. What's to do on Hilton Head besides golf?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Hey Ozz

I'm coming down to your neck of the woods with the family for the eclipse. What's to do on Hilton Head besides golf?
                  Obviously the beach too! We're still cleaning up from the Hurricane this past Fall, so some of the golf courses aren't open yet. There's a Tanger Outlet Mall if you're looking for a little shopping. I'd recommend a Boat Tour too. Lots of walking/biking trails if that interests you. Depending on how long you're down, Savannah GA is about 45 minutes away, so that's a nice day trip too.
                  Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                    Obviously the beach too! We're still cleaning up from the Hurricane this past Fall, so some of the golf courses aren't open yet. There's a Tanger Outlet Mall if you're looking for a little shopping. I'd recommend a Boat Tour too. Lots of walking/biking trails if that interests you. Depending on how long you're down, Savannah GA is about 45 minutes away, so that's a nice day trip too.
                    1 week.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      1 week.
                      Savannah, GA (45 minutes) or Charleston, SC (2 hours) are good day trips from Hilton Head. A carriage tour in either is worth it too to learn about the history in either. Lots of good food too!
                      Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Pretty good weekend for the Nor'Easters. 3 points out of the greater Boston Area, both in OT games. I hope this is the beginning of a solid run to the play-offs. They have some ground to make up, but they own 3 points against EC, 2 points against Nichols. They have a home date coming up against Salve. There top line is pretty solid and it seems like the changes coach Swallow made have strengthened the rest of the line up.

Buckle-up for the ride!

Comment

Not much action on this thread recently!

The Nor'easters picked up a good win this weekend. It is always hard to beat a team 3 times in a season! UNE is such a poor road team this season, it will be very hard to go to Nichols and come home needing to prepare for Saturday.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the Nor'easters tonight at Nichols

Comment

Congratulations to Trevor and Brady Fluent on their post season awards. Also wishing Trevor the best of luck on beginning his pro career in Fayetteville. Now hoping Coach Swallow can find the replacement goals for next year!

Also, Congrats to Coach McShane and the Norwich Cadets on their National Championship. Pretty hard to get through an entire season with one loss, an amazing fete.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                                Congratulations to Trevor and Brady Fluent on their post season awards. Also wishing Trevor the best of luck on beginning his pro career in Fayetteville. Now hoping Coach Swallow can find the replacement goals for next year!

Also, Congrats to Coach McShane and the Norwich Cadets on their National Championship. Pretty hard to get through an entire season with one loss, an amazing fete.
                                Just a side note, but RIT finished a season with one loss and no ties.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X