No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I'm at level 21. Trying to catch my husband who is level 22, but a good 90,000 XP ahead of me.

Finally figured out the gyms and earning pokecoins a few weeks ago. Wishing I hadn't joined Mystic as just about everything in Ann Arbor is blue, and I find it more fun (probably because it's faster/easier) to take gyms down than try to build them up.
    Check out Niantic's previous game Ingress - you get to be on a blue team that destroys a green team
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Buddy Pokémon feature confirmed. Will drop candy as you walk.

As someone who missed out on a local Dratini nest, THANK YOU.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Buddy Pokémon feature confirmed. Will drop candy as you walk.

As someone who missed out on a local Dratini nest, THANK YOU.
        What does it mean drop candy as you walk? You will get to train up a given pokemon and candy will appear and then you can pick it up?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          What does it mean drop candy as you walk? You will get to train up a given pokemon and candy will appear and then you can pick it up?
          Speculation is that every 2K it will give you a candy of its type.

Comment

Your Pokeymans, show us them.

My faves:

- 100% IV Vaporeon with Water Gun/Hydro Pump (best all-around attacker and moveset in the game, awwwwwww yeah)
            - 100% IV Rhydon with Mud Slap/Stone Edge (wild caught, kind of my "mascot")
            - 97% IV Exeggutor with Confusion/Psychic (my gym defender, resists Vaporeon and Psychic isn't really weak to much)
            - Arcanine with Bite/Flamethrower (not the best moveset, but good CP)
            - 88% IV Victreebel with Razor Leaf/Solar Beam (makes Vaporeons cry)
            - Cloyster with Frost Breath/Blizzard (Ice is double super effective against Dragonite AND Cloyster gets STAB, he'll go down, but he'll do a buttload of damage first)
            - Parasect with Bug Bite/Solar Beam (also makes Vaporeons cry, Bug Bite charges Solar Beam incredibly fast)
            - 87% Primeape with Low Kick/Cross Chop (Snorlax killer, and Cross Chop with STAB is the highest DPS move in the game)
            - 97% Raichu with Spark/Thunder (best Electric moveset, double super effective against Gyarados and gets STAB)
            Last edited by Twitch Boy; 09-05-2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Update rolling out with Buddy Pokémon feature. Be patient if you don't have it for a day or two - Niantic does these updates like Ingress where they roll out a little at a time, that way if there's a problem with the update they can stop the process and fix it rather than having to have everyone re-update after the fact.

Think I'll go with Jigglypuff and Clefairy for my buddies first - they're only 1 KM per candy and I need Wigglytuff and Clefable for the Pokedex. Then I need candy for the 95% IV Snorlax I caught yesterday on the way out of work #humblebrag

Comment

Just checking in. Is this still a thing? I'm curious because that brief spurt of publicity that was everywhere has now just as quickly and completely vanished.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Just checking in. Is this still a thing? I'm curious because that brief spurt of publicity that was everywhere has now just as quickly and completely vanished.
                  It lasted about as long as most people's atten
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The hype train wasn't going to last forever, but there's still a solid active player base. People and the media change focus to the next shiny object, but these games don't just vanish into the aether after a month. (From what I've heard most mobile games lose 90% of their peak player traffic after the first week - Pokémon is hanging in there phenomenally well by that standard.)

I think everyone was expecting more of a slow and steady increase of active players, not an overnight phenomenon that took the world by surprise.

Ingress (Niantic's original game that revolves around the same geolocation concept) has stuck around for 4-ish years now and is still chugging along with 10MM or so players, so there will always be a base, especially if they keep adding features.

Heck, World of Warcraft has been around since 2005 and it's still plugging away.
                    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 09-12-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

It's still a thing. One of the parks near me is a great place to play (there's a spot where you can reach 4 pokestops without moving). There are always people there playing (and typically lures on those pokestops). Husband and I were just there Sunday and there were plenty of people playing. From age 50 to age 7. The 7 year olds were very loud and excited.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Wow, I actually held a gym for over 24 hours to collect on it twice. First time that has ever happened.

Huge mistake going with Instinct. Had no idea how bad it would be when I picked it. But Taking down a level 3 gym is certainly more effective then training on a similar one of your own team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Wow, I actually held a gym for over 24 hours to collect on it twice. First time that has ever happened.

Huge mistake going with Instinct. Had no idea how bad it would be when I picked it. But Taking down a level 3 gym is certainly more effective then training on a similar one of your own team.
                          I also went Instinct after hearing a few comments from my Ingress teammates about their plans to do so. The upside to being Instinct is that it's more productive to take down a hostile gym than to train an existing friendly gym. This game, like most geolocation games, is about mobility and offense. It has to be to prevent stagnation. Being the underdog in these games can be a very lucrative business. As the saying goes, you're not outnumbered, you're in a target rich environment.

You're lucky if you can make a gym last 30 minutes around here anyway, so I'm pretty much restricted to taking the gym down, throwing in a Pokémon, cashing out, and calling it a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            Your Pokeymans, show us them.

My faves:

- 100% IV Vaporeon with Water Gun/Hydro Pump (best all-around attacker and moveset in the game, awwwwwww yeah)
                            - 100% IV Rhydon with Mud Slap/Stone Edge (wild caught, kind of my "mascot")
                            - 97% IV Exeggutor with Confusion/Psychic (my gym defender, resists Vaporeon and Psychic isn't really weak to much)
                            - Arcanine with Bite/Flamethrower (not the best moveset, but good CP)
                            - 88% IV Victreebel with Razor Leaf/Solar Beam (makes Vaporeons cry)
                            - Cloyster with Frost Breath/Blizzard (Ice is double super effective against Dragonite AND Cloyster gets STAB, he'll go down, but he'll do a buttload of damage first)
                            - Parasect with Bug Bite/Solar Beam (also makes Vaporeons cry, Bug Bite charges Solar Beam incredibly fast)
                            - 87% Primeape with Low Kick/Cross Chop (Snorlax killer, and Cross Chop with STAB is the highest DPS move in the game)
                            - 97% Raichu with Spark/Thunder (best Electric moveset, double super effective against Gyarados and gets STAB)
                            How did you figure out that IV percentage? Not sure what mine are but my best are a Vaporeon and Exeggutor.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

CP doesn't correlate perfectly with IV. There are a bunch of IV calculators out there. Silph road was the one I used when I still played.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                How did you figure out that IV percentage? Not sure what mine are but my best are a Vaporeon and Exeggutor.
                                https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

DO NOT USE IV CALCULATORS THAT NEED TO LOG INTO YOUR APP, THIS CAN GET YOU BANNED. Niantic has a bug up their *** about anything that isn't the official app calling the API. The web-based ones where you manually type in numbers are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X