No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Wasnt Winona almost chosen as our capital? I could have sworn it used to be minnesota's flagship city.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Wasnt Winona almost chosen as our capital? I could have sworn it used to be minnesota's flagship city.
      St. Peter was almost made the capital, it's an interesting read in regards to the political shenanigans of the whole thing.

In 1857, an attempt was made to move the Territory of Minnesota's capital from St. Paul to St. Peter. Gov. Gorman owned the land on which the bill's sponsors wanted to build the new capitol building, and at one point had been heard saying, "If the capitol remains in Saint Paul, the territory is worth millions, and I have nothing." At the time, St. Peter - a city in the central region of the territory - was seen as more accessible to the far-flung territorial legislators than St. Paul, which was in the extreme eastern portion of the territory, on the east bank of the Mississippi River. A bill was passed in both houses of the Territorial Legislature and was awaiting Governor Gorman's signature. The chairman of the Territorial Council's Enrolled Bills Committee, Joseph J. Rolette of Pembina, took the bill and hid in a St. Paul hotel, drinking and playing cards with some friends as the City Police looked fruitlessly for him, until the end of the legislative session, too late for the bill to be signed. Rolette came into the chamber just as the session ended. One might say that the bill was an attempt to "rob Paul to pay Peter." Today, St. Paul is the second largest city in the state (second only to neighboring Minneapolis), while St. Peter is a relatively small rural town.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Chuck Norris got them all.

- Using a land line.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Chuck Norris got them all.

- Using a land line.
          When Chuck Norris dies, who's going to be the "superhuman du jour"?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            You know, as I was typing that I thought of St Peter as well. But I'm still fairly confident Winona was a finalist as well.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              You know, as I was typing that I thought of St Peter as well. But I'm still fairly confident Winona was a finalist as well.
              Winona was the seat of power for the local band of Dakota. That's about as close as it got to being the state capitol.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                When Chuck Norris dies, who's going to be the "superhuman du jour"?
                Chuck Norris actually died 20 years ago. Death just hasn't worked up the courage to tell him yet.

Comment

You want to play in another country? That'll cost you. http://www.syracuse.com/olympics/ind...n_go_bill.html

Comment

Everyone still playing or are you one of the 15 million that have dropped off as an active daily user in the last month?

Peaked at 40, now down to 25 million. I'm still playing...level 24...leveling up is crazy now. Takes forever. Still haven't completed the pokedex. Only at 101 or 102. Doesn't help living in rural Vermont.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Everyone still playing or are you one of the 15 million that have dropped off as an active daily user in the last month?

Peaked at 40, now down to 25 million. I'm still playing...level 24...leveling up is crazy now. Takes forever. Still haven't completed the pokedex. Only at 101 or 102. Doesn't help living in rural Vermont.
                      I'm still around. Level 23 Instinct, just bagged a 1713 Exeggutor literally at my mailbox yesterday.

Actually, I understand that for a mobile game that is a phenomenal level of retention. Most lose around 90% of their peak in a week. Heck, look at No Man's Sky. The younguns are starting to get busy with school/college as well.

Does need a few fixes and new ideas, first and foremost a working tracker for all (already rolled out to a test base of users, coming soon for everyone.) Trading is coming soon, but I'm willing to wait on that and let Niantic get that right - that's a pretty big can of worms to be opening. Could go for a re-think of the gym battling system as well. Hopefully Niantic can keep things fresh. They are slowly but surely starting to learn what this sort of fanbase requires.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        I'm still around. Level 23 Instinct, just bagged a 1713 Exeggutor literally at my mailbox yesterday.

Actually, I understand that for a mobile game that is a phenomenal level of retention. Most lose around 90% of their peak in a week. Heck, look at No Man's Sky. The younguns are starting to get busy with school/college as well.

Does need a few fixes and new ideas, first and foremost a working tracker for all (already rolled out to a test base of users, coming soon for everyone.) Trading is coming soon, but I'm willing to wait on that and let Niantic get that right - that's a pretty big can of worms to be opening. Could go for a re-think of the gym battling system as well. Hopefully Niantic can keep things fresh. They are slowly but surely starting to learn what this sort of fanbase requires.
                        I'm just thankful I can log into the game from the PTC all the time without issue again. For a good week or two I couldn't play for long stretches while everyone with gmail accounts was going along steadily.

Once I complete the pokedex, I'm not sure what will keep me going unless they introduce the new generations of Pokemon. But even still, I really only played the first gen and then a little bit of the silver and gold versions.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I'm just thankful I can log into the game from the PTC all the time without issue again. For a good week or two I couldn't play for long stretches while everyone with gmail accounts was going along steadily.

Once I complete the pokedex, I'm not sure what will keep me going unless they introduce the new generations of Pokemon. But even still, I really only played the first gen and then a little bit of the silver and gold versions.
                          You won't be able to complete the pokedex without help. There are region specific pokemon, and a few legendary that aren't available in the wild.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            You won't be able to complete the pokedex without help. There are region specific pokemon, and a few legendary that aren't available in the wild.
                            Region specifics are available from eggs regardless of location.

Legendaries/Mew/Mewtwo aren't activated yet, don't know how they're going to implement those. Guessing city-based special events like in the Superb Owl trailer.

And no one has any clue what's going on with Ditto.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Signed up on Tuesday and already at a level 9. Getting the hang of it, just wish my block was bigger as I was trying to do that hack of using the incense in a map location that doesn't have any other features on it to get the ultra rare pokemon, but I'm still too close to a road from the back of our field here. Might be able to pull it off at another friends place.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I'm at level 21. Trying to catch my husband who is level 22, but a good 90,000 XP ahead of me.

Finally figured out the gyms and earning pokecoins a few weeks ago. Wishing I hadn't joined Mystic as just about everything in Ann Arbor is blue, and I find it more fun (probably because it's faster/easier) to take gyms down than try to build them up.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X