No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Right up Flaggies alley. A pokemon go player in Vegas with conceal and carry permit exchanged fire with an Suv trying to rob him.
    For those that would actually like a link: http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...las_vegas.html

Phishing has now moved to the poké-zombies. However, they forgot that in the US, people are allowed to defend themselves with weapons (and I don't mean nunchuks or samurai stars either, see what I did there? ). It's actually a good thing this news made it to mainstream, because now robbers will think twice about setting up a phish in the US, unless of course it's in a "gun-free zone".

Congratulations, mainstream media, you just defended why the second amendment is necessary.

Comment

I'm curious how this trading business in going to work. I sincerely hope there is a way to "reject" trades so people aren't trading 1000 gyrados for a 12 pidgey. That will totally ruin the game. They need to be "fair" so to speak I hope.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I'm curious how this trading business in going to work. I sincerely hope there is a way to "reject" trades so people aren't trading 1000 gyrados for a 12 pidgey. That will totally ruin the game. They need to be "fair" so to speak I hope.
        Cartman: OK Kenny, I'm going to trade you my chuchunezme for your pengin.
        Kenny: **** you!
        Cartman: *** DAMMIT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TRADE YOU LITTLE ******* NOW GIMME PENGIN!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I'm worried about security. It'd be child's play to break into someone's Google account and force trade all their Pokeymans.

My wishlist:

- Niantic has already said turn-based combat won't happen, and I can understand why - it'd slow down the pacing too much for playing on the move. As an Ingress vet, these games have to be weighted toward offense and movement by nature or else everyone locks everything down and the game stagnates.
          - Ability to teach/re-roll moves along with HM and TM.
          - Breeding (confirmed to be coming, but they'll need to get out a few more gens of Pokémon I think.)
          - Trainer vs. trainer would be nice, but it'd have an ungodly amount of issues to work out.
          - Ability to have a "companion" Pokémon that walks with you, maybe even increases his CP/IV per distance covered.
          - Ability to battle wild Pokémon with your team (can kinda see why they avoided this for pacing reasons.)
          - An item that prevents running away FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I LOST A 900+ SNORLAX THIS WAY AND I'M STILL SALTY.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            For those that would actually like a link: http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...las_vegas.html

Phishing has now moved to the poké-zombies. However, they forgot that in the US, people are allowed to defend themselves with weapons (and I don't mean nunchuks or samurai stars either, see what I did there? ). It's actually a good thing this news made it to mainstream, because now robbers will think twice about setting up a phish in the US, unless of course it's in a "gun-free zone".

Congratulations, mainstream media, you just defended why the second amendment is necessary.
            Except the conceal carry guy put all those around him in greater danger by pulling his gun. I'm sure you'll overlook that little fact though.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              I'm worried about security. It'd be child's play to break into someone's Google account and force trade all their Pokeymans.

My wishlist:

- Niantic has already said turn-based combat won't happen, and I can understand why - it'd slow down the pacing too much for playing on the move. As an Ingress vet, these games have to be weighted toward offense and movement by nature or else everyone locks everything down and the game stagnates.
              - Ability to teach/re-roll moves along with HM and TM.
              - Breeding (confirmed to be coming, but they'll need to get out a few more gens of Pokémon I think.)
              - Trainer vs. trainer would be nice, but it'd have an ungodly amount of issues to work out.
              - Ability to have a "companion" Pokémon that walks with you, maybe even increases his CP/IV per distance covered.
              - Ability to battle wild Pokémon with your team (can kinda see why they avoided this for pacing reasons.)
              - An item that prevents running away FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I LOST A 900+ SNORLAX THIS WAY AND I'M STILL SALTY.
              Doesn't the razzberry help with not running away?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Except the conceal carry guy put all those around him in greater danger by pulling his gun. I'm sure you'll overlook that little fact though.
                Not any more danger than when the armed robber pulled his. Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Not any more danger than when the armed robber pulled his. Nice try.
                  you really believe that don't you? Amazing.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I'm basically waiting for the girlfriend to finally get her Pikachu before I start in on the game. She almost got one Tuesday when I was driving her home from the movies, but I was driving though a construction zone at the time and I couldn't really stop to let her collect it.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      I'm basically waiting for the girlfriend to finally get her Pikachu before I start in on the game. She almost got one Tuesday when I was driving her home from the movies, but I was driving though a construction zone at the time and I couldn't really stop to let her collect it.
                      Shoulda done the Pikachu trick.

When you first start the game and it spawns the three starter Pokemon for you to catch, just walk away from them until they disappear. They'll re-appear, just walk away again. After 4 or 5 times Pikachu will appear and you can capture him as your starter.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Shoulda done the Pikachu trick.

When you first start the game and it spawns the three starter Pokemon for you to catch, just walk away from them until they disappear. They'll re-appear, just walk away again. After 4 or 5 times Pikachu will appear and you can capture him as your starter.
                        She didn't know about that when it came out. Thus why I'm waiting for her to get one before I would start.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Am I a bad person for naming my Nidoqueen Ivanka Trump?

Comment

Am I a bad person for naming my Nidoqueen Ivanka Trump?
                            Only if she's your daughter and you still talk about boning her.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't know anything about Winona but I'm sure our Minnesotans do.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I don't know anything about Winona but I'm sure our Minnesotans do.
                                It's a fairly rural town, with a small state university (Winona State). The guy got out of control, but it's hard to be overly upset at him. Kids really shouldn't be playing that game - especially camping out while doing so - in a military memorial grave site dedicated to local veterans.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X