No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Sam's Club is getting in on it. Show up at the store, tell em you're playing, and you get a free cookie from our cafe. This goes for members and non-members.
    I've noticed that with a lot of places. My local comic/card shop I play at is a gym and has been running a contest on Instagram and Facebook for screenshots and will give discounts to the team who controls the gym.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      The last time a launch went this badly we lost a schoolteacher.

Wow. Well played.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Went for dinner in downtown Mountain View tonight. Sooo many people playing on the main drag and the parks around it. This is nuts.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

And this is what it looks like when a Vaporeon spawns in Central Park, NYC:

https://youtu.be/DoWe5G7wCNA
          This video made me realize that Pokemon players = Zombie Hoard

Is it a random act of God that a "rare" Pokemon showed up like that among the 100s of players in Central Park? Is that the Pokemon equivalent of hitting Mega Millions?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

And there it is, our first Pokemon Go related shooting! In everyone's favorite state...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...m_content=link
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And there it is, our first Pokemon Go related shooting! In everyone's favorite state...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...m_content=link
              My first question was, why are you hunting pokemon at 1:30 am?

Not saying they should have been shot at, but... I can see why the guy thought they were hooligans.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                My first question was, why are you hunting pokemon at 1:30 am?

Not saying they should have been shot at, but... I can see why the guy thought they were hooligans.
                Short answer? Florida in July. Only reasonably comfortable after sunset.

Related: Florida continues to be the unquestionable *** state. Nothing surprises me in the news.

Comment

And number two. http://funsted.com/stories/15-year-o...ng-pokemon-go/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Again at 1 am. I'm seeing a trend. That trend is that people who own guns are looking for any excuse to use them.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

How could the developers not take the time to program their app so these things could only appear within public locations? Someone's going to end up suing Nintendo and all associated with the application. While some businesses welcome these players into their stores, there have to be some who don't like having their locations being effectively blocked by people uninterested in what they're selling.

On Dale St. in St. Paul there's a soft serve ice cream shop, similar to DQ; my brother's mother-in-law took a photo and posted it to Facebook. The place was filled with about 60 people, surrounding what's effectively a shack of a location. She mentioned that nobody there was actually buying anything. The shop's owners couldn't have been pleased with that.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        How could the developers not take the time to program their app so these things could only appear within public locations? Someone's going to end up suing Nintendo and all associated with the application. While some businesses welcome these players into their stores, there have to be some who don't like having their locations being effectively blocked by people uninterested in what they're selling.

On Dale St. in St. Paul there's a soft serve ice cream shop, similar to DQ; my brother's mother-in-law took a photo and posted it to Facebook. The place was filled with about 60 people, surrounding what's effectively a shack of a location. She mentioned that nobody there was actually buying anything. The shop's owners couldn't have been pleased with that.
                        It doesn't seem hard for a lawyer to get ahold of a situation like that and make a case for lost revenue. It's only a matter of time before that happens. We're already seeing business using Pokemon lures to draw people in, so Ingress/Nintendo has to be aware of the opposite side of that coin.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm going to call horse sh** on you for this post. First off, there are no other news sources corroborating this story. Second, what the fu** kind of "news source" is "Funsted.com??!?" No legitimate news source is going to make you read a click bait four page website.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some people take themselves way too seriously.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm pretty sure the game of Pokemon Go cannot be played any worse than I played it today.

I went to the big Facebook shindig in Denver. The servers were down for the first hour. Meh, at least there were a ton of people there and we all got a chance to socialize some. Then I had a level ??? Snorlax break out of a Great Ball twice and run away. (The level ??? from what I'm told means this Pokemon is stronger than anything else in your collection.) I start running low on balls and everyone has scattered, so I decide to call it a day and head back to the car. On the way I run into a farking level ??? Pinsir. It too breaks out of two Great Balls and runs away.

Now normally I'd laugh those off too...and then I get back to the car and there's a $50 parking ticket. Go to TwitchCON 2, everyone.

We had a saying in Ingress about "winning at Ingress." That is to say the outcomes of the game itself are immaterial. If you got your butt off the couch, got some exercise, discovered some new places you otherwise wouldn't have known about, met new people, made a friend, had a beer, whatever...that's winning at Ingress. With that in mind...I think I just lost at Pokemon Go.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X