No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Water Festival starting today through March 29. Increased water-type spawns including Magikarp, Squirtle, and Totodile, and possibly Lapras.

This is a goldmine for me - there are hardly any water spawns here.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Reddit is confirming the existence of shiny Magikarp and Gyarados.

Shiny Magikarp is gold instead of red, shiny Gyarados is red instead of blue.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm just glad there is news that with a 7 day streak you will get a gen 2 evolution item. I was starting to get a little bored and frustrated with the game because of that. The water event will be nice since maybe get that second Garados. Other than that, only a Snorlax remains for me to complete the gen 1 stuff... not including the regionals.

Comment

Its been kinda nice to just bag magicarps here in my apartment when I would have to go hunting for them in the right spots just to get one or two of them.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Its been kinda nice to just bag magicarps here in my apartment when I would have to go hunting for them in the right spots just to get one or two of them.
            Anyone still playing? Lots of new changes lately with the Raids and gyms. I'm up to level 33 and 217 in pokedex.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Anyone still playing? Lots of new changes lately with the Raids and gyms. I'm up to level 33 and 217 in pokedex.
              Level 34 and I just bagged a Muk today thanks to a raid battle to complete my Gen 1 pokedex for everything that I can catch here in Michigan. Really hope they wise up and bump the pokecoin payout back up to a hundred coins a day instead of just 50. Not a good enough return on investment for time spent.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Anniversary event going on right now. Catch the Ash Hat Pikachu and oh gee wow, a "Sale" on special items if you want to call it that.

You can buy an Anniversary Box for the low low price of 1200 pokecoins. Lets not forget that we're currently still getting only 50 coins a day from gyms when we get knocked out of them. in that box, you're getting 6 incubators, 6 Max Revives, 2 premium raid passes, and 20 ultra balls. You can buy 6 incubators already for 900, and the 2 raid passes for 200, everything else I can grind out at stops. I'm not really seeing the awesome deal here to make me want to blow my money on it. Now if they was throwing in 6 raid passes then we might be talking about a deal here, but I'm just not seeing it with the current in game economics.

Raid bosses are kinda cool, but yeah, anything level 3 and above you're going to want help with the battle. Rumor has it that Legendaries are going to be coming in the form of Level 5 raid battles, and we might see those sometime after the Chicago event. that's going to be a ball breaker to knock one of them down.

It just happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Anniversary event going on right now. Catch the Ash Hat Pikachu and oh gee wow, a "Sale" on special items if you want to call it that.

You can buy an Anniversary Box for the low low price of 1200 pokecoins. Lets not forget that we're currently still getting only 50 coins a day from gyms when we get knocked out of them. in that box, you're getting 6 incubators, 6 Max Revives, 2 premium raid passes, and 20 ultra balls. You can buy 6 incubators already for 900, and the 2 raid passes for 200, everything else I can grind out at stops. I'm not really seeing the awesome deal here to make me want to blow my money on it. Now if they was throwing in 6 raid passes then we might be talking about a deal here, but I'm just not seeing it with the current in game economics.

Raid bosses are kinda cool, but yeah, anything level 3 and above you're going to want help with the battle. Rumor has it that Legendaries are going to be coming in the form of Level 5 raid battles, and we might see those sometime after the Chicago event. that's going to be a ball breaker to knock one of them down.
                  I tried a level 3 lapras with just one other person and we got killed. Didn't even get the lapras down to 50 percent damage. Of course neither of us had great machamps though.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm not playing as much as I used to. Before the gym overhaul I was about done.
                    There's not enough variety in wild Pokemon. I catch the same 20 or so all the time.
                    I have a hard time getting into the new gym system, because everything around me already has 6 team Mystic in them. It was 5 days after the overhaul before I got into a single gym. It's easy to take a gym down now, but the last time I did I was out in 10 minutes, gaining 1 coin. Or, as is often the case where I play, someone comes and wipes out all the gyms the same day, and I get 50 coins for however many gyms I held for however long.

I like the raid concept. However, it's hard for me to gather enough people to take on a high level raid.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I tried a level 3 lapras with just one other person and we got killed. Didn't even get the lapras down to 50 percent damage. Of course neither of us had great machamps though.
                      I don't have a good machamp. However, I have a great Ursaring with fight moves. My next best guy with fight moves is a Rhydon

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I don't have a good machamp. However, I have a great Ursaring with fight moves. My next best guy with fight moves is a Rhydon
                        I just got Usaring the other day with great fighting moves finally. Can't wait to use him in some raids and gyms.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Anyone get a legendary yet?

I was a part of 2 successful Articuno raids, but didn't catch it either time.

Yesterday at 7:30 am my husband's friend calls and I'm told to get in the car, we're going to a raid. How is it his friend and Pokemon Go can get him out of bed before 8 on a Sunday, when most weekends he sleeps until noon?

Niether of us caught the Articuno, but this time I got a couple charge TMs.

Arenas visited:

Comment

The game is unplayable for me now. Partly because I live in an area of town that's less populated with stops and raids, and partly because I don't walk anywhere.

Sad story. But I am level 76 on Magikarp Jump!
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              The game is unplayable for me now. Partly because I live in an area of town that's less populated with stops and raids, and partly because I don't walk anywhere.

Sad story. But I am level 76 on Magikarp Jump!
                              Never was able to get in on Articuno raid living remotely.

Finally got a Tyranitar though and the hard way from straight catching and evolving. He's a 2500+ CP.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I've managed to go 2 for 2 on Articuno's. Bagged my first one at Gallup on Tuesday evening, and dumped a lot of rare candies into him. Then managed to get another one with my girlfriend in Greektown on Wednesday afternoon when we're went to the Tigers game. The restaurant where we were eating at had a gym with a raid battle going on. Got another group going after we paid and bagged another one. that's the one I'm currently walking.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X