Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Alright...who's playing the game. I'm officially addicted. Also, please feel free to share tips of the trade you have picked up along the way.

I'm at level 10 and downloaded the games Tuesday. Can't put it down.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

No interest in playing, but for some reason I love how it has taken over the news cycle this week. Beats the hell out of the real news.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

This seems to be the moment I go from being vaguely interested in what The Kids are doing to "f-ck it, I'll be over here with my Kindle -- the most advanced tech I will ever need."

The rest is silence.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

I'm an old hand at Ingress, the publisher's previous game which runs off a similar concept and formed the basis for PoGo's map data. (All the stops/gyms at the Holocaust museum and Arlington? Regrettably, it's to blame.) I have an Ingress portal at the end of my condo complex driveway. It's somewhat out of the way of the hardcore players, so it gets visited maybe a couple times a week. That same portal is now a gym in PoGo. There is now a constant ring of 5 people around it at all times.

Last I heard the active Ingress player base worldwide was about 8 million. This probably hit that in 5 days.

The rate at which this went from "cool niche game mostly played by smart, tech-savvy adults who know what they're doing" to "THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH" was unprecedented. There were no stops in between. I do not blame the haters for the hype backlash. It'll cool off, but holy crap did that blow up fast.

Also, I would like to take this moment to inform you that there is, in fact, no shelter from this storm. #TeamInstinct
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drink It In, Maaaaaan.
    Twitter Goodness: Twitch_Boy

Pokemon Go? what is that? Haven't heard of it.
    PSNetwork / 360 GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Also, please feel free to share tips of the trade you have picked up along the way.
    Here's a really good tip ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Alien With an Attitude

The first case of DWP -- Driving While Pokemon-ing happened in Auburn NY

http://www.auburnny.gov/Public_Docum...8513.1/Pic.jpg

Yesterday evening, July 12, 2016 at approximately 10:44pm the Auburn Police Department responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area of 144 Owasco Street involving injury to the driver who crashed his vehicle into a tree. The driver admitted to actively playing the “Pokemon Go” game while driving causing him to become distracted and run off the roadway into a tree.

Luckily the driver was not seriously injured but this is an example of how easily accidents can occur when someone is engaged in the game and not paying attention. The accident investigation is on-going.

Have fun but be smart!
    Last edited by SteveP; 07-14-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

T-Mobile users - next week the T-Mobile Tuesdays app is offering unlimited data usage for Pokemon Go for a year.

So they made what $5B in a week, and that's just with 3 or 4 test markets? They're going to quadruple that when they open it up to the PRC.

And when their Pokemen can fight there are going to be rumbles in every junior high school on Earth.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    So they made what $5B in a week, and that's just with 3 or 4 test markets? They're going to quadruple that when they open it up to the PRC.

And when their Pokemen can fight there are going to be rumbles in every junior high school on Earth.
    The gym outside my house already looks like a Millennial cockfighting ring.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Finally had a chance to go on a walk and got up to Level 5. My walk was very productive as the two parks I walked between both lures attached to their Pokemon stops. Probably caught 10 different Pokemon and got to evolve my Drowzee to Hypno.

Also #TeamValor4Lyfe.

Capt

Spent a couple hours hanging out at a shopping Plaza tonight. 4 stops within 200 ft of each other, the pokesheeple had lures on all of them most of the time. 'twas fun.

When I had my screen zoomed out, 22 stops and 5 gyms in that area.

Up to level 12, so having great balls is nice. Had to go mystic.

I mentioned on GPL, that I wanna create a Pokemon on my apt's property, make it somewhat rare, lure the zombies to it, and before they can capture it, destroy the Pokemon. Laugh at the carnage.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Went to World of Beer, sat on the patio, and enjoyed three Pokestops with lures, the sun, and a couple brews. 412 point Raichu strolled by, one-balled it.

I'm level 12, saving up for a Lucky Egg evolution spree this weekend. Don't pass up those Pidgeys and Rattatas - they're easy to evolve for 500 XP a pop, 1000 if you have a Lucky Egg active.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Went to World of Beer, sat on the patio, and enjoyed three Pokestops with lures, the sun, and a couple brews. 412 point Raichu strolled by, one-balled it.

I'm level 12, saving up for a Lucky Egg evolution spree this weekend. Don't pass up those Pidgeys and Rattatas - they're easy to evolve for 500 XP a pop, 1000 if you have a Lucky Egg active.
    I totally leveled up when I got the BT Prime Movers, but lost some points when I chose the wrong SKUs. However, given that I have high points in charisma and zeal, that makes up for my attitude and compatibility.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

2 idiots in CA fell off a cliff while playing - (luckily?) they escaped Darwin. But hey they're getting out and seeing the real world, right?

I haven't figured out if it counts movement when open, but the phone is not active. But it does seem to count when driving under 20 mph.

Oh and... level 14. Instinct. 52/150 caught.

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I haven't figured out if it counts movement when open, but the phone is not active. But it does seem to count when driving under 20 mph.

Oh and... level 14. Instinct. 52/150 caught.
    Turn on Battery Saver in the settings. This dims the screen when you put the phone upside down in your pocket. It will vibrate if it detects a Pokémon.

And yes, there is a speed limit for movement. Any faster and the game will freeze you out of most actions. For Ingress it was about 35 mph, for this I think it's slower (20 seems about right.)

This game will never come out in more countries if they can't support the 4 it's in now.

Unable to authenticate all day. Can log in and out of PTC on Web just fine.

Thread Information