Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

DO NOT USE IV CALCULATORS THAT NEED TO LOG INTO YOUR APP, THIS CAN GET YOU BANNED. Niantic has a bug up their *** about anything that isn't the official app calling the API. The web-based ones where you manually type in numbers are fine.
    Oh got it, won't be doing that. What levels are people and how many have you caught? I just got to 24 and have caught 109
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Oh got it, won't be doing that. What levels are people and how many have you caught? I just got to 24 and have caught 109
      Just made level 25, 116 caught.

Now that the update is out, who did everyone go with for their buddy? I'm starting with Jigglypuff because he's 1 KM per candy and I need Wigglytuff, then Clefairy to get Clefable, then probably Slowpoke to get Slowbro. I have a 95% IV Dragonair, but that's gonna take forever to get to Dragonite at 5 KM a candy. Magikarp will take forever as well, even at 1 KM per candy. Plus I have a Snorlax and Lapras that can use the candy to power up.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Just made level 25, 116 caught.

Now that the update is out, who did everyone go with for their buddy? I'm starting with Jigglypuff because he's 1 KM per candy and I need Wigglytuff, then Clefairy to get Clefable, then probably Slowpoke to get Slowbro. I have a 95% IV Dragonair, but that's gonna take forever to get to Dragonite at 5 KM a candy. Magikarp will take forever as well, even at 1 KM per candy. Plus I have a Snorlax and Lapras that can use the candy to power up.
        I am at level 25 as well. I picked Charmander...can't find them anywhere around here in rural Vermont. I'm at 107 on the pokedex. Missing all levels of the starter pokemon besides Wartortle. Need one bell sprout for a victrebell.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Geeze, I'm at level 22 but only have 87 on the pokedex. Guess I have to find some new areas to get some nests. Also haven't had a 10k egg in a long time and I've got really cool stuff from the 2-3 that I've hatched.

No update for me yet. Bah...

Comment

I went with Charmander as my buddy becuase I don't have a Charmeleon yet...I'll do a Clefairy and then Jigglypuff later because I can't find many Jigglypuffs and don't feel like driving to areas near my to get a Clefairy.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Anyone have any good resources for locations? I've tried out a few of the map aps and they were all terrible. Anyone found a good one that actually helps locate specific pokemon?

Seemed to finally find a pretty good charmander nest which is the pier in Hudson. Got 2 there last night in about 10 minutes. Missed a third since my ap crashed.

Comment

Thinking I'll take a pass on the Pokémon Go Plus. Tough to get, and from what I've seen catch rates are ridiculously low because you only get one shot with a regular Pokeball, then it runs away - no second chances if it breaks out.

The upside is that it can track distance for eggs/buddies with your phone locked, but I usually force quit all my apps when I'm done with them (saves memory/battery) and when I'm playing I have the app open anyway.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Only level 22 here, just 80 of the pokes found. Was just gonna buddy a pidgey to try to level up a bit before moving to better ones. I only just recently figured out how getting coins from defending gyms works, had zero until last week, now I've got 60, so probably missed out on a couple hundred coins

Comment

One odd thing I've noticed around here is that anytime I load up the ap at a Holiday gas station, it seems to be a magnificent spawn point. Almost every time at least 3 pop up instantly. Granted they are often pidgeys or weedles, but occasionally you get some good ones mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      One odd thing I've noticed around here is that anytime I load up the ap at a Holiday gas station, it seems to be a magnificent spawn point. Almost every time at least 3 pop up instantly. Granted they are often pidgeys or weedles, but occasionally you get some good ones mixed in.
                      The spawn data is partially based off of the amount of cell usage recorded in that area. Try a populated outdoor shopping area or Target parking lot some time. You'll have to fight them off with a stick.

Comment

The spawn data is partially based off of the amount of cell usage recorded in that area. Try a populated outdoor shopping area or Target parking lot some time. You'll have to fight them off with a stick.
                        I've tried that with limited success. There definitely are areas better than others but usually it's in an area with a high number of stops with occasionally multiple lures nearby. I definitely like going to the location where I can hit 3 stops without even moving. Gas stations near me always seem to do better on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          I've tried that with limited success. There definitely are areas better than others but usually it's in an area with a high number of stops with occasionally multiple lures nearby. I definitely like going to the location where I can hit 3 stops without even moving. Gas stations near me always seem to do better on a consistent basis.
                          Apps are worthless. Reddit will help. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...F_m2LhvCB3Rsfs

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonGoMP...ests_metro_mn/
                          Last edited by Biddco; 09-19-2016, 05:14 PM.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

*brushes off cobwebs*

Halloween special from Wednesday, October 26, through Tuesday, November 1. Double candy from catching/hatching/transferring, 4X (!) candy from walking your buddy, and it sounds like there will be increased appearance of Ghost type Pokémon.

Time to go for a walk, Mr. 95% IV Dragonair.

Comment

Time to go for a walk, Mr. 95% IV Dragonair.
                              Can you do that in a locale that only receives 300 days of sunshine per year? Aren't you worried about the high risk for bad weather?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Can you do that in a locale that only receives 300 days of sunshine per year? Aren't you worried about the high risk for bad weather?
                                This year Denver mostly seems to have remembered that it's Denver and not Seattle, so yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X