No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Blissey is Normal type. The only thing super effective against Normal is Fighting, and most of the Fighting types in this game blow chunks (Machamp and Poliwrath are the ones that don't, and they're 125 candy to evolve and have to get the right moveset.) Same problem as when you fight Snorlax.

So I'd guess something with high Attack, and preferably STAB moves. Gengar and Alakazam have had their Attack stats buffed into the stratosphere. I bet Exeggutor would hurt too, especially if it has Psychic (I have a 97% IV with Confusion and Psychic and he hits pretty much anything out there like a **** freight train.) Or anything with Solar Beam - it does 180 base damage now and will likely get STAB as well. Heck, you can always Vaporeon it to death.
    Got 2 blissey's in the gyms in town right now. thankfully they're blue so it looks like we might finally get a yellow player to leave those gyms alone. Gotta remember to get up tomorrow morning to go get into the gym in the cemetery that has the other Blissey. I got into the other gym mostly by beating the two pokemon in it before I had to deal with the Blissey and then looked through what I had and put in a Flareon that was just a level higher than what that Blissey was. Figure its going to be a while before somebody bothers to tangle with that bad MOFO.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Actually, looks like Machamp got a pretty big Attack buff. Get one with a good moveset and that should take care of your Blissey problems.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        Yeah, it was kinda glitchy tonight around dinner time. probably should only last for the weekend at the most.
        Figures they would do it the day I finally managed to catch a Snorlax. was stopped at a light that I know has 2 stops right in range and I grabbed the phone just to grab those stops quick and saw him sitting there. went through the light and got into a parking spot and chucked razzberries and ultraballs at him.

Only first gens I have yet to get are Venusaur, Machamp, Golem, Farfetched, Muk, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Gyarados, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, the Legendaries and Dragonair and Dragonite.
        I had a wild dragonair in a parking lot and i had 0 pokeballs... sigh
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Apparently Togetic has a stupidly low catch rate, worse than even Dragonite - hearing stories of people wasting 50+ Ultra Balls and berries and coming up empty.

If you spot one in the wild, caveat emptor.

ETA: Hearing this was a bug and has been fixed.
          Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-19-2017, 12:22 PM.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

How's everyone been doing with Gen 2 so far? I'm up to 178 total but still haven't completed all of Gen 1 yet. Finally hatched a hitmonchan. Still need a Hitmonlee, Gyarados, aerodactyl, kabuto, omastar and kabutops. I'm getting close to Muk.

I've got about 30 of the Gen 2 so far I think.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              How's everyone been doing with Gen 2 so far? I'm up to 178 total but still haven't completed all of Gen 1 yet. Finally hatched a hitmonchan. Still need a Hitmonlee, Gyarados, aerodactyl, kabuto, omastar and kabutops. I'm getting close to Muk.

I've got about 30 of the Gen 2 so far I think.
              The game will let you know when you get 30, there's a medal for # collected from the Johto region.

My pokedex is up to 170.
              My next lucky egg I'll finally evolve a golem. Still missing both gen 1 hitmon__, kabutops and dragonite. Though I am getting close to having enough candy for a dragonite (but I don't have a good dratini to evolve).
              Haven't hatched a pichu, elekid, or togepi yet either.

Hubs and I spent the gorgeous weekend last week catching some gen 2.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                I had a wild dragonair in a parking lot and i had 0 pokeballs... sigh
                it fell into an unrepaired pothole.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  The game will let you know when you get 30, there's a medal for # collected from the Johto region.

My pokedex is up to 170.
                  My next lucky egg I'll finally evolve a golem. Still missing both gen 1 hitmon__, kabutops and dragonite. Though I am getting close to having enough candy for a dragonite (but I don't have a good dratini to evolve).
                  Haven't hatched a pichu, elekid, or togepi yet either.

Hubs and I spent the gorgeous weekend last week catching some gen 2.
                  You're really getting bad luck on Dragonite...I haven't seen many. I think three total and caught two. But that's crazy that you haven't seen one yet.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

They are playing Whack-a-Mole with the nerf bat right now. 2 rebalances in less than 24 hours.

Quick moves are back to normal speed, but their damage is reduced - Water Gun only does 5 damage now.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      You're really getting bad luck on Dragonite...I haven't seen many. I think three total and caught two. But that's crazy that you haven't seen one yet.
                      Don't think I've even seen a shadow on radar. My only Dragonite was hatched as a Dratini and walked, mostly during the Halloween quad candy event.

I believe Dratini and Larvitar have been removed as nest spawns permanently. We had a Dratini spawn in Aurora when the game first came out, but Niantic wised up and yanked it.

Comment

Your up-to-date list of the top attackers by pure DPS:

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/pokem...tackers?legacy

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          They are playing Whack-a-Mole with the nerf bat right now. 2 rebalances in less than 24 hours.

Quick moves are back to normal speed, but their damage is reduced - Water Gun only does 5 damage now.
                          Still kinda mad about the nerfing that they did to Lapras.

Hatched another snorlax today. a little more stardust and he'll get to hold some a gym for me.

Still need to work on finding more water type Pokemon. I probably should hit up Geddes Park sometime and do some collecting there.
                          Last edited by bigmrg74; 02-23-2017, 09:26 PM.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Has anyone seen or caught party hat pikachu? I have seen 1, and despite a raspberry and ultra ball he ran on me.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Has anyone seen or caught party hat pikachu? I have seen 1, and despite a raspberry and ultra ball he ran on me.
                              Haven't seen one yet. Haven't they supposed to been out for a while??

It just happens.

Comment

Moved into an apartment and I can now regularly catch pokemon right here. However, I've been so busy with the move that I really haven't had a whole lot of time to hit stops. Hopefully things will calm down soon here and the weather will warm up here and I can hit up a few more stops here in Tecumseh. Heck, there's a couple of level 8 mystic gyms right around me that I just haven't had the time to get into yet.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X