Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Results 241 to 250 of 250

Thread: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

  1. #241
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    My husband and some friends are using Discord now to get groups together for raids. Went out in Ann Arbor last night. Met a group of about 35 for an Articuno raid. Broke up into team Mystic as a group, and Valor & Instinct as a group.
    From there many of us went across the street to a Lugia raid, which is when I caught my first legendary. Then 5 of us drove a bit further for another Articuno in a neighborhood park where 2 guys were sitting, hoping a group would show up. That's when I caught an Articuno. Then 4 of us went to 1 more where we met up with another group that we had seen at the Lugia raid.
    My husband is now 0 for 5 catching Articuno, but at least he caught the Lugia.

    That was a fun night. It helps to leave in or near a decent sized city full of nerds.

  2. #242
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,849
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    My husband and some friends are using Discord now to get groups together for raids. Went out in Ann Arbor last night. Met a group of about 35 for an Articuno raid. Broke up into team Mystic as a group, and Valor & Instinct as a group.
    From there many of us went across the street to a Lugia raid, which is when I caught my first legendary. Then 5 of us drove a bit further for another Articuno in a neighborhood park where 2 guys were sitting, hoping a group would show up. That's when I caught an Articuno. Then 4 of us went to 1 more where we met up with another group that we had seen at the Lugia raid.
    My husband is now 0 for 5 catching Articuno, but at least he caught the Lugia.

    That was a fun night. It helps to leave in or near a decent sized city full of nerds.
    Never got a chance to get in on an articuno raid. 0-for-2 on moltres so far.

  3. #243
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,670

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Never got a chance to get in on an articuno raid. 0-for-2 on moltres so far.
    Sigh. I didn't get time to get Articuno but have had great luck in catching Lugia and Moltres (3/4).
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  4. #244
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,088

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Sigh. I didn't get time to get Articuno but have had great luck in catching Lugia and Moltres (3/4).
    I've haven't had much luck with Lugia or Moltres. either I'm busy when a raid is going down, a raid is going down and there's nobody around to raid with, or I've actually gone to the pogo epicenter of AA, Gallup Park, with a little time before I gotta get to work, but haven't had a legendary raid going on then.

    Planning a Pogo date on Thursday with the girlfriend, but Moltres should be out by then and then its Zapdos. Figure that they'll rotate the legendary's around at some point, in either another event or that's just how they'll roll.

    Probably should get that discord app sometime, have heard rumors of a Saline channel, and odds are sooner or later one should pop up for Clinton/Tecumseh right?
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  5. #245
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,088

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Did the afternoon in AA with the girlfriend, didn't have much luck as Gallup didn't have any Legendaries going on while we were there and somebody got pooped out. did do dinner in downtown AA and almost got a Ttar, but really needed about one more trainer or 2 in the mix.

    However, I have discovered a facebook group for Clinton/Tecumseh. Now if we can just all figure out times that all work for us with a convent gym with a raid battle going on. Best guess is that weekends will work best with them.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  6. #246
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Did the afternoon in AA with the girlfriend, didn't have much luck as Gallup didn't have any Legendaries going on while we were there and somebody got pooped out. did do dinner in downtown AA and almost got a Ttar, but really needed about one more trainer or 2 in the mix.

    However, I have discovered a facebook group for Clinton/Tecumseh. Now if we can just all figure out times that all work for us with a convent gym with a raid battle going on. Best guess is that weekends will work best with them.
    Monster, get Discord.
    Josh Woodward (Ann Arbor Pokemon Go hero/local legend) has a link on his page.
    https://www.joshwoodward.com/ann-arbor-pokemon-go/
    Just this week he split up some channels, looks like raidchat suburbs has some people in Saline and Chelsea.
    Thanks to Discord I met a group of 8 on my way home from work yesterday to do a Zapados raid. Unfortunately I'm 0 for 3 catch rate.

  7. #247
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,670

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    I have great luck just showing up to a raid I see on Gym Huntr and waiting for a bit for people to show up. Works every time. Raids are such a great idea, makes the game more fun and you actually meet people!
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  8. #248
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,088

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Monster, get Discord.
    Josh Woodward (Ann Arbor Pokemon Go hero/local legend) has a link on his page.
    https://www.joshwoodward.com/ann-arbor-pokemon-go/
    Just this week he split up some channels, looks like raidchat suburbs has some people in Saline and Chelsea.
    Thanks to Discord I met a group of 8 on my way home from work yesterday to do a Zapados raid. Unfortunately I'm 0 for 3 catch rate.
    Actually a week or 2 ago I discovered a facebook group that covers Clinton and Tecumseh. That's been a big help and I've now bagged all 4 of the legardary's. Took me 4 tries on Lugia, but I did get him. Kinda thinking about going out a little bit into downtown AA tomorrow afternoon to do some hunting there, got a few other things to do first before the girlfriend gets out of work at Best Buy. She still needs a Lugia, Moltres, Zapdos, and she also wants to add in a Lampas as well. Might just see what's happening then. see if there's a good gym at that time for her.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  9. #249
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,088

    Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

    Assisted the local group in taking on another thunder puppy tonight, mostly looking to get rare candies and golden raspberries out of it. Not even really trying to catch it and I end up with my third one. Just straight up tossing the balls at him, no berries or curves, and he stayed in my second ball at him.

    I really wish they would take out the poitions for rewards on the raids. Most of the people I've been raiding with have said that they've been dumping them just to make bag space. especially since they've updated the Pogo plus to now spin gym stops as well now. kinda takes the fun out of trying to collect gym badges.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

    leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  10. #250
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,849
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Assisted the local group in taking on another thunder puppy tonight, mostly looking to get rare candies and golden raspberries out of it. Not even really trying to catch it and I end up with my third one. Just straight up tossing the balls at him, no berries or curves, and he stayed in my second ball at him.

    I really wish they would take out the poitions for rewards on the raids. Most of the people I've been raiding with have said that they've been dumping them just to make bag space. especially since they've updated the Pogo plus to now spin gym stops as well now. kinda takes the fun out of trying to collect gym badges.
    Anyone still playing? Iím halfway through level 35. Finally have been able to find time and groups to raid with. Have caught 3 Ho-Ohs already. Never got any of the legendary dogs though...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •