No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I don't understand how people can blame a game in these instances. It's on human beings to be aware of their surroundings. They are the ones making the cognitive decision to not only play the game in the first place, but also place the game in what could become a dangerous environment. How is that the game's fault? People get in car crashes everyday from texting/talking on their cell phone while driving. Once again, another choice people are making. Should we get rid of all cell phones period?
    Sorry, you are right. I was just upset and needed to vent a little. Blaming the game itself is not a valid position. Question though, for anyone who plays: Is there any sort of warning message included with the game, about ensuring it is done so safely? I'd like to think there's a little message every time the game is loaded, but I don't feel like downloading it to find out.

I hated this game before this tragedy, and will continue to do so until it goes away. I don't understand the fascination of collecting imaginary items nor do I view this as any sort of remedy to our obesity crisis, as some are doing. On top of that, the list of injuries/deaths is starting to pile up and that's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      No, according to the post I saw on Facebook, it's all a plot by Japan to invade us. See, it stands for Pokemon G(lobal) O(peration), and they'll use it to track everyone's movement. It makes perfect sense that they would include an acronym for their plan in the name of the product, and that the name of their plan would be in English.
      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2492/...c97af0185a.jpg
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
        Sorry, you are right. I was just upset and needed to vent a little. Blaming the game itself is not a valid position. Question though, for anyone who plays: Is there any sort of warning message included with the game, about ensuring it is done so safely? I'd like to think there's a little message every time the game is loaded, but I don't feel like downloading it to find out.
        Yes, every time you login to there is a loading screen that says to be aware of your surroundings when playing

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          They already wrote that one over a decade ago. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the Chimpokemon episode.
          I got shoe.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...dent/87333892/
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I got shoe.
              Yeah, but I'm gonna get a Pengin, 'cause he's the coolest...

Comment

Finally a case where we would all applaud police brutality.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I don't understand how people can blame a game in these instances. It's on human beings to be aware of their surroundings. They are the ones making the cognitive decision to not only play the game in the first place, but also place the game in what could become a dangerous environment. How is that the game's fault? People get in car crashes everyday from texting/talking on their cell phone while driving. Once again, another choice people are making. Should we get rid of all cell phones period?
                  Why would people blame the gun for a shooting? Same concept applies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Finally a case where we would all applaud police brutality.
                    Depends on what happened to the idiot slamming into the car...

Comment

Could it happen elsewhere? Oui oui! https://dailyhive.com/montreal/quebe...ing-pokemon-go

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        An extended family member, 14 years old, was just killed after being hit by a car while riding his bike across the street a few nights ago. Word is he was chasing one of these gawdam things. F- this game and everything about it.
                        Sorry to read. Was the driver charged with vehicular manslaughter or something of the like? Because now idiots with this game are potentially putting people in jail.

Comment

They already wrote that one over a decade ago. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the Chimpokemon episode.
                          I remember it. It was also, IIRC, the first South Park episode to be nominated for an Emmy award.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Sorry to read. Was the driver charged with vehicular manslaughter or something of the like? Because now idiots with this game are potentially putting people in jail.
                            Are you really politicizing the death of the man's family member less than a week after it's happened? You're pathetic.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Why would people blame the gun for a shooting? Same concept applies.
                              Instead, gun owners blame the victims.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

That's what I'm saying - easy tie-in.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X