• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

I think you're all butthurt. .

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You forgot the P.S..

P.S. Plus, it's fun to watch Michigan Tech - especially its fans - act all indignant and go off crying into the woods while acting superior for "choosing" to stay in this money pit league that is the current WCHA.

--------------------------

Everybody knows why they're making the move, and it's obvious why all the prior teams to join the conference made their moves, too. The writing was on the wall then, just as it is now, that the NCHC was a better platform for keeping athletic budgets either solvent or from going even deeper into the red.

You need to come to terms with the fact that MTU's administration hamstrung itself by becoming complacent with its subpar hockey teams over the course of 20-25 years, that putting subpar hockey teams on the ice caused attendance to drop for other schools to the point where MTU just became a burden on the old WCHA. When given the opportunity to make a move, why wouldn't the other schools drop MTU from their league schedule if they could?
      St Cloud: We're committed. We're committed. We're committed. See ya. At least Mankato State isn't singing "Doo Doo Doo Sneakin' out the back door..."
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        St Cloud: We're committed. We're committed. We're committed. See ya. At least Mankato State isn't singing "Doo Doo Doo Sneakin' out the back door..."
        And we'd do it again...and so would any other school in the same position.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Cos the teams that left the old WCHA after Minn and Bucky left for the big ten AREN'T THE BUTTHURT ones.

For effing sake dummy ... wake the eff up.
          Yet who continues to **** and moan about being wronged? Textbook butthurt. "Dummy"

By the way, I said fans not teams. Not refuting the original teams of the NCHC were butthurt when the B1G hockey formed.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            No thit. Which is why there was the "rearrange the deck chairs"
            1. I apologize for hastily reading your original post as a status quo ante bellum and not a present condition. You have my apologies.

2. In no way do I believe that conference rearrangements were made to admit my alma mater. It helped things to be sure, but I doubt it was a thought of "let's take all the 'like-minded' schools out of the WCHA and CCHA, kill the CCHA, and surely they'll take Huntsville. We were, at best, a secondary concern. The CCHA had years to pick us up, even when it was clear that PSU was never going to join.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              And we'd do it again...and so would any other school in the same position.
              And WCHA 1.1 would have been worse than the current NCHC? (in BSU, MSU-M. out WMU, Miami)
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Cos the teams that left the old WCHA after Minn and Bucky left for the big ten AREN'T THE BUTTHURT ones.

For effing sake dummy ... wake the eff up.
                The donald calling out others for being butthurt... can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Yet who continues to **** and moan about being wronged? Textbook butthurt. "Dummy"

By the way, I said fans not teams. Not refuting the original teams of the NCHC were butthurt when the B1G hockey formed.
                  Your stupid effing conference was called the BHHC before it had a name.

You.Are.Stupid.

Comment

Hmm, I think Donald won this round. Crushing blow delivered there with that post.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      The donald calling out others for being butthurt... can't make this stuff up.
                      Donny boy still have his worthless blog? Dam was he obsessed with everything UND.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        And WCHA 1.1 would have been worse than the current NCHC? (in BSU, MSU-M. out WMU, Miami)
                        I don't know if it would or not, but once the break happened, SCSU was offered a shot and took it. IMO, ANY other school that was offered that would have taken it. The money is better, the competition is better, our recruiting is better. It was the right move to join, no matter what our administration said beforehand.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          It was Schmidt that resigned. What costs is he cutting?
                          Was he a volunteer? Sorry if I don't have the skinny on my rivals assistants coach.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            Was he a volunteer? Sorry if I don't have the skinny on my rivals assistants coach.
                            Nope.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              Look it up.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                I don't know if it would or not, but once the break happened, SCSU was offered a shot and took it. IMO, ANY other school that was offered that would have taken it. The money is better, the competition is better, our recruiting is better. It was the right move to join, no matter what our administration said beforehand.
                                Pump the brakes on your revisionist history. SCSU tried to get a spot at the NCHC and couldn't.
                                http://www.uscho.com/2011/07/07/five-schools-set-to-leave-wcha-for-new-league-in-2013/
                                Originally posted by July 7th, 2011
                                ...Sources indicated that the remaining members of the WCHA ... St. Cloud State...
                                http://www.wcha.com/men/presarch/201107/jul13wcm.pdf
                                Originally posted by July 13th, 2011
                                Our remaining member institutions – Alaska Anchorage, Bemidji State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota State and St. Cloud State – are absolutely committed to both Division 1 hockey and the WCHA and as an Association we will continue – as we always have – to provide a first-class product.
                                http://scsuhuskies.com/news/2011/7/15/7_15_2011_5956.aspx?path=mhockey
                                Originally posted by July 15th, 2011
                                We know that there are numerous rumors circulating about St. Cloud State's hockey program, most of which are false. St. Cloud State is engaged in sensitive conversations about the future of college hockey and we are unable to engage in public conversations. The one rumor that we can clarify is that St. Cloud State was never invited to join the new conference and thus we did not turn down an invitation.
                                http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201108/aug26lss.php
                                Originally posted by August 26th, 2011
                                As it stands currently, the six teams that will constitute the WCHA following the 2012-13 season are University of Alaska Anchorage, Bemidji State University, Michigan Technological University, Minnesota State University, Mankato, St. Cloud State University and Northern Michigan University, which accepted an offer on July 20 to join the WCHA beginning in 2013-14.
                                http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201109/sep22wcm.pdf
                                September FU**ING 22nd, 2011. A full SEVENTY ONE days after the formation of the NCHC, SCSU tucks their tail between their legs and joins WMU as the seventh and eighth teams in the NCHC after being offered an invitation the day prior by the NCHC.
                                Last edited by aparch; 07-16-2016, 12:04 AM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X