X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #186: Summer Heat

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Swimming is good on TV. I like that they rip on the Russian dopers, and I sure as hell don't care about any non-American performances, why would I? There are too many commercials though.
    First started watching Olympics when I lived in ENgland. The BBC had wall to wall cov'g of lots of sports. I cannot understand being so insular when you can watch the best of the best in any sport. We are in the top in some of the sports but not all. To watch the best give you an appreciation for skill. Watched gymnastics yesterday- totally wowed. You wouldn't get any sense of what was impressive if you only watched one team. Watching the Russians and then the US on bars made us way more impressive, even with the fall. Kind of like watching Gretsky when you had been watching DIII college as an introduction.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I have a skip level meeting with my boss' boss right now. She's late. Not sure what to expect. I haven't really interacted with her much since we've been part of her team. It's Tuesday, so that might be a bad sign.
    Hope all went well!

Good Afternoon Lodge!
    Last edited by leswp1; 08-09-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      First started watching Olympics when I lived in ENgland. The BBC had wall to wall cov'g of lots of sports. I cannot understand being so insular when you can watch the best of the best in any sport. We are in the top in some of the sports but not all. To watch the best give you an appreciation for skill. Watched gymnastics yesterday- totally wowed. You wouldn't get any sense of what was impressive if you only watched one team. Watching the Russians and then the US on bars made us way more impressive, even with the fall. Kind of like watching Gretsky when you had been watching DIII college as an introduction.

Hope all went well!

Good Afternoon Lodge!
      The only sports I have an interest in watching without having a rooting interest are golf, hockey and football. Golf, I'll watch regardless of who's in the running, if its a major. Hockey I have no problem watchinh games that don't involve my team, but usually not until the playoffs. And football has the fantasy football factor that gets me interested in more than my team. Other than that, I don't find it interesting enough to watch without having someone to cheer for. I have no interest in watching Russia gymnastics, unless I get to watch them fail and lose to the USA.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I like to watch anything that shows top of the heap skill that I can figure out. Football and baseball lose me- like watching paint dry. When mr les travels and I need to fall asleep these are my go to shows. Golf OK. Love stuff that you need to use your body with skill and precision- gymnastics, figure skating, T & F. Only dependent on you, everyone has same equipment/setting. Also love the strategy of Curling. Weirdly, even tho I could care less about bsb, I could watch someone pitch softball forever.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I like to watch anything that shows top of the heap skill that I can figure out. Football and baseball lose me- like watching paint dry. When mr les travels and I need to fall asleep these are my go to shows. Golf OK. Love stuff that you need to use your body with skill and precision- gymnastics, figure skating, T & F. Only dependent on you, everyone has same equipment/setting. Also love the strategy of Curling. Weirdly, even tho I could care less about bsb, I could watch someone pitch softball forever.
          I dig rugby (although I only know about 80% of what's going on). Gymnastics/ice skating/etc lose me. Fast. Don't care. Golf, I'll watch most tourneys, but not care unless it's a major. Football? Gimme. Hockey? Gimme.

And I do like "judged" sports less than actual "results" sports. Especially Olympics. The level of corruption has tainted that.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I love the esoteric stuff: Table Tennis, Judo, Handball, etc. Granted I also like Aussie Rules and Cricket.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I love the esoteric stuff: Table Tennis, Judo, Handball, etc. Granted I also like Aussie Rules and Cricket.
              Watched a doc on table tennis a bit ago (Top Spin). That was INTENSE. Dig the Aussie, too; remember back in the day when ESPN would show that regularly.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge! yawn!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Mookie likes watching tiny a-girls twist their bodies
                      And if they get wet

Doesn't necessarily have to be sport either
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Mookie likes watching tiny a-girls twist their bodies
                        And if they get wet

Doesn't necessarily have to be sport either
                        Who else is shocked by this??
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                          Who else is shocked by this??
                          ::does not raise hand::

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

• Good Morning Lodge. From Squaw Valley, CA, site of 1960 Olympics. 37 F here this AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              good morning lodge. From squaw valley, ca, site of 1960 olympics. 37 f here this am.
                              ?? Brrr!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I remember looking at that concert, but could only get secondary market tickets, and on top of a flight out there, couldn't swing it. Red Rocks is awesome on its own. Can only imagine a concert there.
                                I didn't need up going last night.. But I'm gonna do it tonight. I've eaten for free and flown here for free all week, if I have to pony up tonight to see my dream concert, I'm gonna do it. Never been to a concert by myself so that's a little interesting, but I think if I don't do this I'll look back on it and say *** were you doing?
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X