Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Originally posted by Fred.Davenport View Post
    Thank You to the person that posted this forum and to all who will contribute.
    Should be an interesting year. I think its gonna be a while before a CCC team makes a real run in the NCAA tournament, but I'll be interested to see if schools like Endicott and UNE can improve their OOC results in the regular season. How would people compare them to the MASCAC now? Better, worse, roughly equal? I think the CCC, as a fellow all-sport conference, would be really eager to win their OOC games against them in particular.
    Last edited by Buckeye22; 10-26-2016, 10:06 PM.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
      I forgot. Division III is a collection of schools that never realized you can have both...
      St. Norbert is in a rent a rink.
      St. Scholastica is in a rent a rink.
      How many ECAC-W teams are in rent a rinks?
      How many AHA teams are in rent a rinks?

The old ECAC split between schools that had rinks, full time coaches and resources into the ECAC-E and those that did not into the ECAC-NE.

If your college is committed to expanding its academic offerings and in a building campaign, that should come first. Building an ice rink is an expensive undertaking. Most of the time, it is used for only one sport, unlike a gym that may have multiple uses.

You need a benefactor (Mr. Alfond in Maine) or a whole lot of donors willing to pony up the $$$. If they're out there, and you have a good relationship with your rent a rink, the need is not pressing.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Conference members Gordon and Roger Williams formerly had teams I wonder if there is any interest in by them in returning to the ice

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
          Conference members Gordon and Roger Williams formerly had teams I wonder if there is any interest in by them in returning to the ice
          Roger Williams and Gordon both currently have ACHA DII club teams. Gordon resurrected a competitive team this season for the first time since the varsity team was discontinued. They got more than 300 fans for their first game, which is pretty great for a club team playing off campus. Here's a nice little story about them. They play their home games at Endicott, so if they did ever go varsity I imagine they'd have to move haha.
          Last edited by Buckeye22; 10-28-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Impressive tie on the road at Norwich for Endicott tonight. Heartbreaking way to get it though. They gave up the game-tying goal on 6-on-4 Norwich power-play with 1.6 seconds left in regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
              Impressive tie on the road at Norwich for Endicott tonight. Heartbreaking way to get it though. They gave up the game-tying goal on 6-on-4 Norwich power-play with 1.6 seconds left in regulation.
              Great game.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Not a bad opening weekend for the CCC, 4-5-1 in ten non-conference games. Some good games for the opening night of Conference play on Thursday. See you at the Forum for UNE vs. Endicott!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  Not a bad opening weekend for the CCC, 4-5-1 in ten non-conference games. Some good games for the opening night of Conference play on Thursday. See you at the Forum for UNE vs. Endicott!
                  Will be interesting to see how that one goes. Endicott is GOOD ... saw that on Friday night at Kreitzberg. We certainly know how good UNE can be. Great league opening matchup.
                  Last edited by PuckVoice; 10-30-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The inaugural CCC Hockey season kicks off tonight with all 10 teams in action! There seem to be some really good games tonight for the start of the season. Would love to hear how everyone does tonight. I'll be in Biddeford for the UNE/Endicott game, anyone attending games elsewhere?

Comment

Yup, we are looking forward to a fun Inaugural CCC Face-Off with UNE President and CCC Commish, should be a packed house at UNE.

Comment

UNE and Endicott look like they're going to develop a good old fashioned on-ice rivalry.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred.Davenport View Post
                          Yup, we are looking forward to a fun Inaugural CCC Face-Off with UNE President and CCC Commish, should be a packed house at UNE.
                          Streamed some of the game. It sure looked like a packed house. Nothing to separate these two teams. I think it's going to be a dog fight all season long. I also caught the end of the Curry at Salve Regina game. Gotta give the Colonels some credit. They kept fighting right to the end. It's tough to start your season with back-to-back games against NCAA Tournament teams from last year, so I wouldn't read too much into their 0-2 start. I think Curry will be much improved from last year.

Comment

The UNE/Endicott was a good game. Both teams came out early and played some really good hockey, nice, crisp passing, everyone skating hard, and lots of great opportunities for both sides. The Endicott goalie played 'lights out" in that first period. The second period got real choppy ad sloppy as both teams struggled to stay out of the penalty box. Lots of "lazy" penalties and chippy play after the whistle.

I think this is going to be a good rivalry. Glad to have the season back.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else was surprised by the results last weekend in the CCC, If this is the way the season goes, it'll make for a very interesting, if not frustrating, ride!

Comment

Nichols vs UNE last night.........21 minors and 5 MIN MAJOR.......and a penalty shot to start the game

Comment

Working...
                                X