Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

It was an interesting game. Some of the penalties were hard to see (read anything you want into that!). The major didn't look bad from the seats. The UNE player came at him from the side and it did not look, from where I was sitting, that he had his elbow up or out. It actually didn't even look like he made head or neck contact. The Nichols kid did go down like he was shot though. Lot of little "tug and tussle" type penalties, hook, trips and interface.

It was a fast game, lots of good zone play by both teams. At one point, I had UNE with 14 penalties to Nichols 7, but that evened up late in the 3rd when Nichols took a couple of poorly timed and lazy (or tired) type, minors.

There was also some chippy-ness through out the game. Nichols crashed the net a lot and it cost UNE their starter in goal. He needed to be helped off the ice.

So far, I have seen Endicott and Nichols at UNE and I would have to say the quality of hockey is pretty good, not quite Mass Boston good, but I think both of those teams would fit right in with Norwich, Babson and Mass Boston.

This could be a fun year in the CCC.

Comment

I've only had the opportunity to see games live in Biddeford, when teams come into to play UNE at the Forum, but I have had the chance to watch several games via streams from different schools. The Conference seems to be a bit of a puzzle from night to night. Some of the results have made me scratch my head. Salve has looked good at times and I cannot explain the loss at WNE for UNE. UNE outshot WNE by a 3-1 margin. Then JWU puts seven on WNE and UNE puts 8 on JWU.

I think there are other similar "anomalies" within league play so far this year. Again, not knowing any history within these rivalries, this is shaping up to be a pretty good season.

Comment

The top 4 teams in the CCC are all strong Salve, Nichols, UNE and Endicott, with Curry getting better. Salve is a very solid team top to bottom and have a very good goaltender and arguably the top freshman in the conference and one of the best in the Country in Jack Billings. I have seen them play Endicott, UNE, Nichols, Manhattanville and Curry this year and I expect them to compete for the title, and I frankly see them as the favorite, they have played extremely well since last winter break. That being said on any given night, when you are forced to kill 8 power plays, a team like Becker can keep it close and a team like Nichols should bury you.

Again, come tournament time, any of the top 5 teams can get hot and make it to the NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
          Again, come tournament time, any of the top 5 teams can get hot and make it to the NCAA's
          But there can be only one!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            But there can be only one!

Then my pick will be Salve

Comment

The top 4 teams in the CCC are all strong Salve, Nichols, UNE and Endicott, with Curry getting better. Salve is a very solid team top to bottom and have a very good goaltender and arguably the top freshman in the conference and one of the best in the Country in Jack Billings. I have seen them play Endicott, UNE, Nichols, Manhattanville and Curry this year and I expect them to compete for the title, and I frankly see them as the favorite, they have played extremely well since last winter break. That being said on any given night, when you are forced to kill 8 power plays, a team like Becker can keep it close and a team like Nichols should bury you.

Excited to have Salve coming out to Northfield to open up the 2017-18 season!
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

arguably the top freshman in the conference...that's a little premature isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DIII Hockey View Post
                  arguably the top freshman in the conference...that's a little premature isn't it?
                  Apparently not, you are arguing it

Comment

Apparently not, you are arguing it
                    No argument just wanting to know what you base your facts on?

Comment

Originally posted by DIII Hockey View Post
                      No argument just wanting to know what you base your facts on?

I have seen him play 6 times and I coached at at the D3 College level so I have seen a lot of very good players over the last 20 years

Comment

The Conference has been interesting this season. Seems to be some pretty good hockey being played here. I haven't seen too many posters from too many of the conference schools. Is there any interest out there for this conference?

I also wanted to move this to the top of the list!

Comment

Some well played games. UNE and Endicott are not walking away with the conference as some expected.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                            Some well played games. UNE and Endicott are not walking away with the conference as some expected.
                            It's been nice to see the early parity in the conference. Hope it continues.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Suffolk and Johnson & Wales will be jumping ship for the New England Hockey Conference beginning in 2018-19, reducing the CCC to eight members.

[ Story Here ]
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                                Suffolk and Johnson & Wales will be jumping ship for the New England Hockey Conference beginning in 2018-19, reducing the CCC to eight members.

[ Story Here ]
                                There are some rumblings about Gordon and Roger Williams re-starting their programs at the varsity level. I have no idea how much truth there is to this, but both schools used to have varsity hockey back in the "good old days" of hockey!

Both are members of the CCC with all of their varsity teams, so it would make for a good fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X