Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: Commonwealth Coast Conference

  1. #61
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Only team in from CCC will be AQ. If Endicott loses, their SOS will be clobbered and probably knock them out.
    I don't know how badly that one game will hurt their SOS, but if you match them up against Trinity (as the last team in) as of today, I think Trinity takes the spot on both WIN and RNK.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,502

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by peddler View Post
    I don't know how badly that one game will hurt their SOS, but if you match them up against Trinity (as the last team in) as of today, I think Trinity takes the spot on both WIN and RNK.
    yes...I agree and a loss within their conference will more than likely lower their SOS even more.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    The outcome won't impact their SOS. Win or lose, SOS is impacted the same.
    Oswego'08, '10

    From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...


    2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

  4. #64
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    The outcome won't impact their SOS. Win or lose, SOS is impacted the same.
    True, the game will impact their SOS, not the results of the game
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,502

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by peddler View Post
    True, the game will impact their SOS, not the results of the game
    That is correct...but it would still be a playoff loss and not winning the CCC championship would pretty much knock them out.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  6. #66
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    That is correct...but it would still be a playoff loss and not winning the CCC championship would pretty much knock them out.
    Agreed
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  7. #67
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    yes...I agree and a loss within their conference will more than likely lower their SOS even more.
    The SOS will have nothing to do with the result of this game. We can compute their SOS now this game won't be included except for adding another game against a team with a with a record of 14-9-1. (The win and tie against Endicot are deleted). This is a record of 0.604. Win or lose that is what happens to their OWP. Their OOWP is likely to move very little.

    Losing to UNE would drop Endicott's WP to 0.821 from 0.852. Since UNE isn't ranked the game won't affect their RNK.

    Your SOS depends on who you play, and has nothing to do with the outcome of the games that you play.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by landing1010 View Post
    I have seen him play 6 times and I coached at at the D3 College level so I have seen a lot of very good players over the last 20 years
    I guess the CCC didn't agree with your analysis. They seemed to like the kid from Nichols better.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Given the conference, I am not sure how Endicott would get a bid if they lose. I don't know w whole lot about all of these metrics that are used by the NCAA to make these decisions, but it just doesn't seem like they would merit a spot. Just a thought from the "gut", that's all.

    For that matter, even with a UNE win, I'm not sure there aren't 12 better teams out there than them.

    OK, now I confused myself, but I will be cheering for UNE!

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    UNE outskated Nichols last night, hope they can keep up with Endicott. A surprisingly good season for a young Nichols team. Rooting for UNE to knock off Endicott.
    Yea...Every mistake Nichols made in that game went into the back of the net. Nichols missed the net a ton on their quality scoring chances.

    Anyways, looks like Endicott got a late goal to win the conference title on Saturday night. Impressive for them in their second year with a hockey program.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Yea...Every mistake Nichols made in that game went into the back of the net. Nichols missed the net a ton on their quality scoring chances.

    Anyways, looks like Endicott got a late goal to win the conference title on Saturday night. Impressive for them in their second year with a hockey program.
    Absolutely, Nichols had their chances early but could not put the puck on net, mostly shooting high. Endicott did a nice job finding a half dozen DI players to drop down to DIII and having the rink on campus helps recruiting overall. They look to be a very strong program.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    I wasn't able to go to the game, or even stream it! Why wasn't Brady Fleurant in the line up for UNE. Looks like they had to shuffle the lines for Saturday. Endicott also seems to have neutralize Trevor Fleurant, it's not often you can keep him off the score sheet.

    Sounded like a pretty good game. One that would keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I wasn't able to go to the game, or even stream it! Why wasn't Brady Fleurant in the line up for UNE. Looks like they had to shuffle the lines for Saturday. Endicott also seems to have neutralize Trevor Fleurant, it's not often you can keep him off the score sheet.

    Sounded like a pretty good game. One that would keep everyone on the edge of their seats.
    Brady took a big hit, it was clean, in the Nichols game and skated off slowly. Although he came back later in that game it may have had a lingering effect. Only speculating, not sure if that was the reason.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    Brady took a big hit, it was clean, in the Nichols game and skated off slowly. Although he came back later in that game it may have had a lingering effect. Only speculating, not sure if that was the reason.
    Brady was called for Interference in the Nichols game. The player from Nichols didn't like it. An altercation started between the 2 players. Both players received 10 min misconducts so I'm not sure if Brady received a suspension or not.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,502

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by DIII Hockey View Post
    Brady was called for Interference in the Nichols game. The player from Nichols didn't like it. An altercation started between the 2 players. Both players received 10 min misconducts so I'm not sure if Brady received a suspension or not.
    I f he played for Plattsburgh, that would be the protocol. He would sit the next game.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    The inaugural season of the CCC has been put to bed and, I would say that it was a very successful first year. Congratulations to Endicott and their fine run through the conference championship and a nail-biter of a game against Trinity. I think there were 5 teams in the CCC that demonstrated that they could play against anyone, and a whole league full of teams who could surprise any team on any given night.

    The off season begins and, I am sure all the coaches are out beating the bushes to find replacements for their graduates. I wish them all good luck, but I wish UNE the best of luck!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •