Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
    Wonder if the recruit who is a de-commit is a defensemen should Nyberg not play for UW this upcoming season?
    I was thinking maybe Adam Fox who was committed to Harvard.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      I was thinking maybe Adam Fox who was committed to Harvard.
      Very wishful thinking on Adam Fox...It's a player who played for Don on last years U17 team; sounds like a kid who was once committed to another Big10 team.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        I would think the resurgence of Wisconsin hockey is the reason. It is relevant once again.
        So with this thinking....and I tend to agree with you DPlaya....we could then potentially blame MM and/or BA for Andy B losing his job at WSJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          I went to the Annual WAHA meeting yesterday in Wausau. Don Granato was the guest speaker. It was a great talk, you can really see the passion that he has for hockey when he speaks. Some notes that I took away (in a very random order):
          • He talked about how they have two first rounders right now (Frederic and Kunin), the goal is to have 10 of them at Wisconsin at a time.
          • Tony, Don, and Mark had been talking for years about coaching together. But they thought it would be in the NHL.
          • Don said that he questioned how much Barry and the AD cared about hockey. Even when the team made money, it was such a small percentage compared to Football and Basketball.
          • Once Barry offered Tony the job, it was a 5 minute conversation with Don and Mark, they said Yes that quickly.
          • A lot of college hockey coaches are now intimidated by what Wisconsin has.
          • Tony was going to speak instead of Don, but Don wouldn't let him. He had to be in Michigan for the World Junior Summer Showcase
          • He talked about how his US NTDP U18s came to Madison and beat the Badgers with 7 or 8 17 year olds. The Badgers should never lose to high schoolers.
          • All of their recent recruits (12?) had their foot in the door at MN, Boston, UND, etc. Some de-committed. He said that they respected the Verbal commitments, and only talked to kids after they de-committed.
          • They are very happy with the incoming recruits, but they don't want to wait 3 years to start winning.
          • He talked about changing the attitude of the players (12 wins in the last two years will defeat a team).
          • He mentioned another recruit that will be announced next week. Said he played for him at US NTDP, and is another de-committment.
          • He talked about recruiting philosophy. They try to challenge the kids. They want to find kids that have the same goals as the coaching staff (hard work, intelligence, desire to win, etc). If they don't share those goals, then there is another school for them.... like MN, ND, etc!

Overall a really good talk. He also had an hour session about player development on the world stage. He used a lot of Auston Mathews clips in that presentation
          Dhooghe is new recruit

Comment

Nyberg is a major loss if they can't get him into school this year...he would make only the 2nd right handed dman on the roster.

Comment

I've been too busy to Hockey much lately but I'm sure I can safely assume you've all just been sitting around mourning my absence and nothing else has happened since May.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I've been too busy to Hockey much lately but I'm sure I can safely assume you've all just been sitting around mourning my absence and nothing else has happened since May.
                I've been drinking heavily. Who are you again?
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  I've been drinking heavily. Who are you again?
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Yeah, same old dull-drums. If only G2O would get off their lazy summer butts and get some D1 type players in here. Oz is posting way too many pics of twitter of boating and fishing, graduation parties, baseball, softball and inspirational words and none of him sitting in rinks watching players. I hope he doesn't torpedo us like he did OSU.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Interesting thigs are said here

Comment

Originally posted by Redins View Post
                        Interesting thigs are said here
                        All true as well. Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it. Or that you simply mis-remembered something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          All true as well. Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it. Or that you simply mis-remembered something.
                          You can't put it on the internet if it's not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                            You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

https://youtu.be/UXLgz3wH2n8

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                              I saw a Sasquatch out in Maine last week. Of course I was so stunned I dropped my cellphone in the water so I couldn't film it. Which of the 3 facts in the above 2 sentences could be not true, if that were even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I saw a Sasquatch out in Maine last week. Of course I was so stunned I dropped my cellphone in the water so I couldn't film it. Which of the 3 facts in the above 2 sentences could be not true, if that were even possible?
                                There is one statement that is certainly not true; we all know that Evangelical Lutherans are some of the biggest Luddites around. There is no way that you were actually carrying a cellphone!
                                Being in Maine, sure. Seeing a Sasquatch, OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X