Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by Innova View Post
    The Mike Heller Show was also added to 100.5 (Wausau) about a year ago.
    It looks like right now it is Madison, Milwaukee, Appleton, and Wausau. I think they were in LaCrosse for a little bit but then disappeared from that station...maybe Green Bay too?

Comment

According to Todd M. Jedd Soleway is out of the BC series with an upper body injury.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        For the radio coverage for Friday's game it will be Ian on the color commentary as usual, with Mike Heller doing the play by play.

For those who don't know Mike, he is the host of a local afternoon/evening sports talk show that is now spreading across most of southern Wisconsin. The main stations are 1070AM here in Madison and 920AM in Milwaukee (The Big 1070, The Big 920, both available through iHeart Radio apps).
        I think he has been doing Badger Football pregame shows this year too, not sure how long that has been going on for, don't listen to the games on the radio too much. I only know because it has popped up on his Twitter the past several weeks.
        I think they could find somebody much better than Heller; maybe there's nobody else to do it. He doesn't even talk hockey on his show...in fact he cuts it short when it comes up. That show would be a good platform for Badger hockey since it is in other markets away from Madison. His co-host John Arias doesn't know hockey. When they have Ted Davis on, of course he doesn't know hockey. Drew Olson is a nice (and mature) addition to the show, But I haven't heard him talk about hockey.

Anybody know the expected attendance? I'll be there, but about :45-1:00 late; prior commitment .
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-14-2016, 09:57 AM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Posick was hoping to see 10k, he said this morning. Ticket map shows a lot available.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
            Posick was hoping to see 10k, he said this morning. Ticket map shows a lot available.
            12K would be a great start to an awesome sports weekend. An epic warm-up for Saturday night!. IMO the Sunday game attendance will suffer because of the Packers kicking the Cowgirls asses, but I will be listening.....hopefully to Posick.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              12K would be a great start to an awesome sports weekend. An epic warm-up for Saturday night!. IMO the Sunday game attendance will suffer because of the Packers kicking the Cowgirls asses, but I will be listening.....hopefully to Posick.
              I'll be there Sunday with Mrs. Solo😀
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I think they could find somebody much better than Heller;
                How about Paul Braun? Heller and associates pretty much suck. It's all about him and his opinions. There's a much better choice for the afternoon drive, 540 espn if you can get it in Madison. Homer and Gabe are much better than Heller. More caller interaction. Olsen used to be on 540 in the am, I did enjoy him, his show was more called based as well.

And by the way....It's a great day for hockey!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Anyone interested in a couple of tickets to Sunday's game? I'm not able to go. Great seats - Section 120. They're yours for a ~$50 donation to your favorite charity.

Comment

Originally posted by buck 'em View Post
                    anyone interested in a couple of tickets to sunday's game? I'm not able to go. Great seats - section 120. They're yours for a ~$50 donation to my favorite liquor cabinet.
                    fyp
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      fyp
                      Haha, that'd work too!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        We might get there for total for the weekend, but I would bet against it. I have a feeling we will see about 30-50% no-show on Sunday...going up against GB vs DAL is a tough draw.

Numbers right now are about 7500 sold for Friday and 8000 for Sunday. I'm sure there will be some day-of ticket purchases, but nothing more than a few hundred.

One the plus side, I've heard over 90% renewal of season tickets partnered with over 1000 new season tickets sold.

Things seem to be trending, but like the previous few seasons we likely won't see the numbers pick up too much until January.

Comment

Q: What should you do if you find three people from Boston College buried up to their neck in cement?

A: Get more cement.

Let's GO RED!!!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

A lot of phantom penalties on both teams. This is not hockey.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Does UW have any connections to the Janesville Jets right now?
                              The whole team is a few rows in front of me.

Lots of energy here tonight. Student section has the 100 level full. And I think i saw Mark Tauscher in the concourse on my way to my seat.

Comment

Just started my DVR recording, doesn't look like a lot of fans.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X