Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    ...because I am pulling for him.
    As we all should be. The defensive struggles last year put him in a lot of terrible positions trying to make saves that he should have had to. I am hoping that he can bounce back and put together a great year.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

At this point in the early season, NOBODY can tell if the 2 freshmen can beat him out, but NOBODY should be surprised if it happens. Maybe there's another recruit on the radar. For a long time, Wisconsin was known as "Goalie U"; it will take time to get the blue chip 'tenders to consider us again.

Matt should must improve (.891 won't cut it) as this team gains momentum. We need a top notch goalie as they rebuild and, at least through the end of last year, I personally don't see it. If his nose is to the grindstone and his off season training improved him, good for him and the program because I am pulling for him.
      I would hope with a better team in front of him and one under his belt that his save percentage should go up dramatically. Hopefully leg work and pad work has been strengthen over the summer. I have a feeling these coaches will be pushing their goalies this year. Time will tell who excels.

Comment

At this point in the early season, NOBODY can tell if the 2 freshmen can beat him out, but NOBODY should be surprised if it happens. Maybe there's another recruit on the radar. For a long time, Wisconsin was known as "Goalie U"; it will take time to get the blue chip 'tenders to consider us again.
        I'm sure Howie's presence had a role in bringing in all those elite tenders. .

Comment

Matt should must improve (.891 won't cut it) as this team gains momentum. We need a top notch goalie as they rebuild and, at least through the end of last year, I personally don't see it. If his nose is to the grindstone and his off season training improved him, good for him and the program because I am pulling for him.
          Let's be fair to Matt. Last year's team flat out stunk on D. Also, Matt should have been in the NAHL or USHL last year. He was rushed into college hockey and took his lumps playing goalie on a very bad team.

Is he a top notch goalie, probably a strong no. His he a steady college goalie, this year we will be able to get a better read on it.

I agree with you, seems like a very good kid and am hoping he becomes the go to guy
          Last edited by bucky15; 10-06-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Bought some tickets for the home MSU tilt and on the print at home ticket is a Mills Fleet Farm coupon, save 10 bucks on a 75 buck purchase. Sweet!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
              Too many seats still available at the Resch. Hope people fill it up. Great place to see hockey. Last time I saw the Badger here though, was 2006 regional
              looking at the seats available online, looks like maybe 2500 sold for Friday
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I can't believe the real opener is finally here!

Let's Go Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                  I can't believe the real opener is finally here!

Let's Go Red!!!
                  Let's go RED!

Comment

Drop the Puck!

Can't wait.

Comment

Just remember if you won't be watching or attending the men's game, head over to Labahn to watch your #1 ranked Wisconsin Badgers whip tOSU.

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey: Time to move....FOREVER *********G FORWARD
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Based on what Milewski wrote, Ford, Soleway, Zirbel, Bunz, and Hurley will be scratches tonight.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Based on what Milewski wrote, Ford, Soleway, Zirbel, Bunz, and Hurley will be scratches tonight.

Comment

View is fine in section 207.

Let's gore Ed!
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Got the stream going here down in Georgia, and a glass full of paint thinner. DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X