Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but this should help attendance for the post season and now you want to finish in the top four.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/09/30/big-...nning-2017-18/
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but this should help attendance for the post season and now you want to finish in the top four.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/09/30/big-...nning-2017-18/
      I pondered a bit open-endedly about this in the BTHC thread, but... what needs are there for the KC on all of those weekends? Because there's a LOT that goes on around then... men's and women's college hockey, men's and women's basketball, WIAA stuff, etc.

Like if this was what they did this past year, you'd have a schedule like this (other events not at the KC in parenthesis):

Weekend 1:
      (March 3-5 (Thu-Sat): WIAA Boys State Hockey tourney, held at Coliseum)
      (March 4-5 (Fri-Sat): WIAA Girls State Hockey tourney, held at Coliseum)
      March 4 (Fri): M Hockey BTHC First Round (maybe)
      March 5 (Sat): M Hockey BTHC First Round (maybe)
      March 6 (Sun): M Hockey BTHC First Round (maybe)
      (M Basketball regular season closes this weekend, but they were away on the 2nd and 6)
      (March 5 (Sat): W Hockey WCHA Final Face-Off Semis... could theoretically be hosted at La Bahn, but last year was at Ridder in Minneapolis)
      (March 6 (Sun): W Hockey WCHA Final Face-Off Finals)

Weekend 2:
      March 11/12 (Fri/Sat): M Hockey BTHC Semi (maybe)
      (March 12 (Sat): W Hockey NCAA Quarters held at La Bahn)
      (March 9-13: M Basketball B1G Tourney... not a conflict, other than fan interest)
      (WIAA Girls State Basketball tourney is this weekend, but that's been hosted in Green Bay as of late)

Weekend 3:
      (M Basketball NCAA first round started on the 17th)
      March 17-19: WIAA Boys State Basketball Tournament
      March 18/19 (Fri/Sat): W Basketball NCAA First Round (campus host for two games if W Basketball were seeded 4 or better in their regional... you never know, I guess)
      (March 18 (Fri): W Hockey NCAA Semis)
      March 19 (Sat): M Hockey BTHC Final
      (March 20 (Sun): W Hockey NCAA Finals)
      March 20/21 (Sun/Mon): W Basketball NCAA Second Round (maybe)

There are also possible conflicts with the WIAA wrestling tournament, but last year that was the weekend prior to when the BTHC first round would start. In either case, that creates further issues for the M Basketball team having to finish their conference schedule on the road.

La Bahn really saves our necks here to avoid potential conflicts on almost the entirety of the first two weekends (if UW wanted to host the WCHA finals), but we still have conflicts with WIAA B Basketball (who are used to every other sport being out of the KC by that weekend) and theoretical conflicts with W Basketball on the final weekend.
      Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-03-2016, 02:15 PM.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

From todds latest in wsj

"But if Badgers coach Tony Granato had it his way, this season would be the last where old rival North Dakota doesn’t appear on the schedule.

“I would like to play them every year,” he said. “For me, North Dakota-Wisconsin is a must-have on the schedule. There’s too much history. And they want the same, talking to their coaches.

“It’d be nice if they were in our league but they’re not, so let’s find a way to play them every year and keep that going.”

UW and North Dakota, longtime opponents when both were part of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, played non-conference series in Madison in November 2014 and in Grand Forks in November 2015 after the teams left for separate leagues in 2013.

They’re scheduled to resume the series next season at the Kohl Center before returning to North Dakota in the 2018-19 season.

Besides the deals with Northern Michigan and North Dakota, the Badgers have three other multiple-season agreements in place that carry into future schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
          From todds latest in wsj

"But if Badgers coach Tony Granato had it his way, this season would be the last where old rival North Dakota doesn’t appear on the schedule.

“I would like to play them every year,” he said. “For me, North Dakota-Wisconsin is a must-have on the schedule. There’s too much history. And they want the same, talking to their coaches.

“It’d be nice if they were in our league but they’re not, so let’s find a way to play them every year and keep that going.”
          It isn't like I didn't already love everything that G2O is doing with the program, but this is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

In OGG we trust

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              So it seems from last night that next week the top 13 will likely be:

Kunin-Hughes-Besse
              Wagner-Frederick-Johnson
              Labosky-Malone-Zimmer

Linhart-Tischke
              Greenway-Mcguire

After that we had F lines:

Zirbel-Soleway-Ford
              Cavallini-Ustaski-Freytag
              I think Freytag will crack the top 4 lines, he showed some ability last year. Linhart a top D pair? Here's to hoping he's improved over the summer and he fits the style the coaches want to play. I just remember him being outphysicalled constantly.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                It isn't like I didn't already love everything that G2O is doing with the program, but this is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear.
                North Dakota and Wisconsin should definitely be playing every year. Good to hear UND coaches agree with Granato.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  what needs are there for the KC on all of those weekends? Because there's a LOT that goes on around then... men's and women's college hockey, men's and women's basketball, WIAA stuff, etc.
                  Didn't I read somewhere that the Badgers would play a semi at the Coliseum if they can't resolve conflicts with WIAA at the KC?
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Linhart a top D pair? Here's to hoping he's improved over the summer and he fits the style the coaches want to play. I just remember him being outphysicalled constantly.
                    That is the biggest thing that will hold back this team (and honestly....to a degree next years), namely where we are at talent wise on D. Nyberg right out of the hop would have been a help (if for no other reason he is at the least right handed which otherwise we have one legit...non forward converted option). D usually take a little longer to assimilate into the college game, but at this point in Oz we trust. We will have a very deep group of forwards...arguably in the same zip code as Eaves best teams.

Comment

I think Freytag will crack the top 4 lines, he showed some ability last year. Linhart a top D pair? Here's to hoping he's improved over the summer and he fits the style the coaches want to play. I just remember him being outphysicalled constantly.
                      I'd like to see Freytag in the lineup as I feel like he has the most upside of just about anybody down there. He can score. On the other hand Ford and Zirbel have shown the type of hustle and all out effort it takes to play that role plus maybe do some PK time. For that matter I kinda like Ustaski on the PK because he's so giant he disrupts things... Either way, it seems like maybe a better 4th line than 2014 in terms of what they may be able to contribute.

I feel like Linhart was way underrated last year. He logged a lot of time under a lot of pressure and I thought he improved dramatically on his positioning and own zone play year over year. He's a much better skater than he appears at a glance, works very hard, sees the ice extremely well, and I assume will be stronger this season. Plus I'll be very surprised if he doesn't produce 25+ points this year.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere that the Badgers would play a semi at the Coliseum if they can't resolve conflicts with WIAA at the KC?
                        Stick the WIAA in Labahn or send them to the Resch Center.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Stick the WIAA in Labahn or send them to the Resch Center.
                          Well, as of last year, the only WIAA conflicts are Wrestling (which last year would've been the week before the BTHC first round) and B Basketball (conflicts with the BTHC final). B and G Hockey were at the Coliseum and G Basketball is in Green Bay for the foreseeable future.

Comment

FOX Sports Wisconsin will televise 11 Wisconsin Badgers hockey games during the 2016-17 season.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...on-tv-schedule

DirecTV -- 668-3.
                            Dish -- 9674.
                            U-Verse -- 1745.
                            Can't help you with Charter.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-04-2016, 04:57 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              FOX Sports Wisconsin will television 11 Wisconsin Badgers hockey games during the 2016-17 season.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...on-tv-schedule

DirecTV -- 668-3.
                              Dish -- 9674.
                              U-Verse -- 1745.
                              Can't help you with Charter.
                              All of those games are on Fox Sports Go for people like me who are nowhere near Wisconsin. That makes me very happy!
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• College Hockey News picked UW to finish 2nd in the Big Ten: LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X