Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I bet he'll hop back on when the season gets rolling. A lot of the big hitters are the summer off. All that's mostly on here right now are the weak sauce guys like you and me.
    HEY! That's...pretty accurate

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      HEY! That's...pretty accurate
      Accurate for once! Yeah me! Does that get me into heavy hitter territory or is the deficit just too deep that I ever get into that rarefied air? I thought the Squatch story was pretty strong.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I bet he'll hop back on when the season gets rolling. A lot of the big hitters are the summer off. All that's mostly on here right now are the weak sauce guys like you and me.
        Better the Weak Sauce than Secret Sauce.

Comment

Forget my question. And can we agree to delete these last posts. All we need is Gurth coming back here thinking he's a "big hitter."

Comment

Sometimes I wonder where Gurth has gone. However, I always take a look around and realize that Gurth is all around us, if you really think about it. I feel silly for forgetting that in the first place.

Comment

Oh whatever, he's just too busy drinking rum in his basement
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Oh whatever, he's just too busy drinking rum in his basement
                I thought all of the "big hitters" drank paint thinner like the rest of us?
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Don't lump me in with you paint thinner Martians
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Don't lump me in with you paint thinner Martians
                    Sorry that was a generalization. I drink fine quality fortified wines, such as Thunderbird, at every opportunity.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Forget my question. And can we agree to delete these last posts. All we need is Gurth coming back here thinking he's a "big hitter."
                      Gurt needs that ego stroked you know. Have to keep his confidence up, that spawns his creativity. It's also interesting Wisko McBadgerton comes and goes in streaks. Wisko and Gurt are supah novahs.

So out of the 15F, who will be in the pressbox? Cavillini, Zirbel, Labosky?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Gurt needs that ego stroked you know. Have to keep his confidence up, that spawns his creativity. It's also interesting Wisko McBadgerton comes and goes in streaks. Wisko and Gurt are supah novahs.

So out of the 15F, who will be in the pressbox? Cavillini, Zirbel, Labosky?
                        Zirbel, Ford, Cavallini, Ustaski. Labosky led the USHL in scoring in the playoffs, can't really see him not on the ice.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Soleway sit a couple games. If the new coaching staff wants to be more upbeat with a new system, a slow Soleway won't fit that mold.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Zirbel, Ford, Cavallini, Ustaski. Labosky led the USHL in scoring in the playoffs, can't really see him not on the ice.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Soleway sit a couple games. If the new coaching staff wants to be more upbeat with a new system, a slow Soleway won't fit that mold.
                          Agreed with those 4..Labosky will be on the ice. I wonder what line Frederic will center..

Comment

Take it for what it's worth but with the season starting with an exhibition game vs Victoria next week, here is a look at what a potential lineup may look like.

Besse-Kunin-Hughes: This line was actually a bright spot last year.
                            Soleway-Malone-Zimmer: Malone can dish the puck as well as score, as can Zimmer. Soleway can clean up.
                            Johnson-Frederic-Labosky: Frederic and Labosky can score and dish. Johnson can too but he is somebody that would greatly improve off of good passing line mates.
                            Freytag-Wagner-Ford: Grinder line. Freytag and Wagner have shown the ability to score and Ford just has heart.

Cavallini, Ustaski, and Zirbel can be inserted for whoever. Ideally they would stay on the fourth line.

Linhart-Greenway: Linhart is our #1 d-man hands down. Greenway can learn off of him.
                            Tischke-Davison: Both need to learn how to play without mistakes.
                            McGuire-Sexton: McGuire showed me in his limited time on D last year that he can play the position well. Sexton likes to hit people.

Bunz can replace anybody and Hurley won't play. If Nyberg does come in at semester break, he will replace either Tischke, Sexton, or McGuire.

Jurusik
                            Berry
                            Blomquist

Jurusik will play 90% of the time but I wouldn't be surprised to see Berry get a nod or two.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

It would be tempting to just roll Hughes/Kunin/Besse and let them continue where they left off last year...but...I would slide Hughes to the 2nd line center and build a potent second line around he and Malone.

Zimmer/Kunin/Besse
                              Malone/Hughes/Freytag
                              Labosky/Frederic/Soloway

after that...Will Johnson, Ford, Wagner with Zirbel and Ustaski mixed in occasionally on the 4th line
                              Last edited by markwojo; 09-21-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                It would be tempting to just roll Hughes/Kunin/Besse and let them continue where they left off last year...but...I would slide Hughes to the 2nd line center and build a potent second line around he and Malone.

Zimmer/Kunin/Besse
                                Malone/Hughes/Freytag
                                Labosky/Frederic/Soloway

after that...Will Johnson, Ford, Wagner with Zirbel and Ustaski mixed in occasionally on the 4th line

This team is going to surprise people, if they shore up the D end they may actually play around .500 hockey.

Looking forward to watching another year of Kunin.

Comment

Working...
                                X