Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Can't argue with that. I remember the late 90's and early 2000's being amazing in there. '06 was pretty impressive as well, but since then the student section has had a massive decline and without that there is a real lack of intensity in the building.

Man, I remember being forced to change location for our season tickets in the early part of the '00's because the student section had gone all the way up to the top of the 3rd deck. Those were the days.
    I'm not one of those fans who has been at every rink in the conference, much less the country, but I've seen quite a few games over a lot of years, mostly at the two Engelstads, the Dane, Kohl, and the two Mariuccis. Most games in GF were pretty intense, but the Jan 2000 Sioux/Badger series in Madison was the best (non-playoff) college hockey atmosphere I've seen. A great mix of intensity and fun I came to associate with Wisconsin hockey at the Dane and later the Herb. Nodak students used to love traveling to games in Madison, and it wasn't all about the partying.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I'm not one of those fans who has been at every rink in the conference, much less the country, but I've seen quite a few games over a lot of years, mostly at the two Engelstads, the Dane, Kohl, and the two Mariuccis. Most games in GF were pretty intense, but the Jan 2000 Sioux/Badger series in Madison was the best (non-playoff) college hockey atmosphere I've seen. A great mix of intensity and fun I came to associate with Wisconsin hockey at the Dane and later the Herb. Nodak students used to love traveling to games in Madison, and it wasn't all about the partying.
      Yep, I was there Saturday night.....Badgers got out to a big lead and had to hold on at the end. I think it finished 6-5 if I remember correctly. Good Times....

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
        Yep, I was there Saturday night.....Badgers got out to a big lead and had to hold on at the end. I think it finished 6-5 if I remember correctly. Good Times....
        I was at both of those. Some of the best hockey experiences I've ever been a part of.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          I was at both of those. Some of the best hockey experiences I've ever been a part of.
          I wonder if the KC will ever reach that level of "atmosphere" again? I certainly hope so. I'd have to think that it is going to take some time - but hopefully G2O can get things righted quickly.

Anyone have any idea what the expected attendance might be for the 10/1 game against Victoria? I mean, they may not get 5000 for that game - or am I wrong?

Comment

• Wow, congrats to Kunin...

Comment

Good on him.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Good article in WSJ today about Jeff Sauer - who is being inducted into the UW Hall of Fame. He shared some thoughts about how he tried to discourage the formation of the B10 Hockey league, citing (as many have done here) how the culture of college hockey is different than other sports.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...8cce2ab3e.html

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                  Good article in WSJ today about Jeff Sauer - who is being inducted into the UW Hall of Fame. He shared some thoughts about how he tried to discourage the formation of the B10 Hockey league, citing (as many have done here) how the culture of college hockey is different than other sports.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...8cce2ab3e.html
                  Nice article. It's amazing how he has translated his knowledge of the game to sled hockey. It would be neat to watch a deaf olympics hockey game. I wonder how the ref's stop the action when needed.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This seems pretty positive

Comment

Awesome
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        This seems pretty positive

Awesome, indeed. Hopefully the buzz can snowball itself during this year and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Awesome, indeed. Hopefully the buzz can snowball itself during this year and beyond.
                          The key will be starting the season strong so that, once football is done and media attention can shift, journalists have something positive to write about.

Comment

Any of you Badger fans heard from Gurth lately? Haven't seen him in a long time.

Comment

Any of you Badger fans heard from Gurth lately? Haven't seen him in a long time.
                              I bet he'll hop back on when the season gets rolling. A lot of the big hitters are the summer off. All that's mostly on here right now are the weak sauce guys like you and me.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I bet he'll hop back on when the season gets rolling. A lot of the big hitters are the summer off. All that's mostly on here right now are the weak sauce guys like you and me.
                                So true.

Comment

Working...
                                X