Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    And here they are.

https://twitter.com/BadgerMHockey/st...91608625364992

Those are OK. Could do without the stripes though.
    They look like what I expected. Not too far from the old ones but a different take on it from Under Armour.

Don't complain it won't change.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Double stripes suck, the lettering is too small. Look too much like the women's jerseys. I hope they didn't screw those up too.
      I like the lady's sweaters! I always thought the double stripes were cool with the Motion W. That said, the new men's gear is only OK IMO. First of all, you've got to stick with the diagonal WISCONSIN", but larger letters (agree with T.A.) I don't like the red sleeves on the home jerseys; haven't seen the number typeface to comment, but I'm a fan of the "old fashioned" block-like numbers like the Packers have.

I'm sure they will look better when the boys are dressed and the protection fills them out. I also notice they have those arrow type stripes like the gridders have, significance?
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I don't see why there is complaining about the stripes; not a significant change. I do like the stars on the back symbolizing championships.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          They look like what I expected. Not too far from the old ones but a different take on it from Under Armour.

Don't complain it won't change.
          Well said.

They are not an eye-sore, but they aren't the exact same as any previous design.

To me it still looks like UW hockey. It still has that cardinal/white scheme with the diagonal "WISCONSIN". Sure they added an extra stripe and they rounded out the font a little bit, but I'm not going to let either of those things upset me. Designs change, styles evolve, it is the way of the world.

Love it or hate it, that is up to each individual...just don't think that complaining about it is going to do any good at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            Love it or hate it, that is up to each individual...just don't think that complaining about it is going to do any good at this point.
            I fully understand nothing will change by me stating my opinion (that didn't stop all the MM vitriol ) , but that is what this board is for, stating one's opinion and have some fun discussions off of that. I don't hate the jerseys, it's not a slam dunk "this is freaking awesome dude"! I'm not going to love love love it just because it's a UW hockey jersey.

I do LOVE the women's jerseys, for the men I prefer the 1990 version, I like the classics. There's nothing wrong with a 2016 Mustang, but it doesn't have the visual juice of a 1966 fastback.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I fully understand nothing will change by me stating my opinion (that didn't stop all the MM vitriol ) , but that is what this board is for, stating one's opinion and have some fun discussions off of that. I don't hate the jerseys, it's not a slam dunk "this is freaking awesome dude"! I'm not going to love love love it just because it's a UW hockey jersey.

I do LOVE the women's jerseys, for the men I prefer the 1990 version, I like the classics. There's nothing wrong with a 2016 Mustang, but it doesn't have the visual juice of a 1966 fastback.
              Well Said.....

I am not totally happy with the new design - but the fact that the diagonal WISCONSIN stayed is the major saving grace in my eyes.

Besides, a few more W's this season and I'll be willing to forget about the double stripes on the arms!!!

Comment

Third party, but those double stripes feel like a huge change relative to the past however many years I can think of?

Comment

Thankfully, it mostly sticks to the script of our traditional look.

The double stripes made me do a double take, but I can dig the "forward" symbology borrowed from the new football unis. Not that you needed two stripes to do that...

Other than that, anything that looks different from our "classic" look isn't new: the lettering and the move towards a mostly solid red away jersey instead of inverting the home whites like it used to be. That last one is still an adjustment for me.

All in all, not bad. Still better than 100% of the ideas you could come up with using that ugly motion w.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Third party, but those double stripes feel like a huge change relative to the past however many years I can think of?
                    That is exactly how I feel being a fan from late 80's to present.

Comment

Don't mind my ramblings, just working on shaking off the off-season rust and getting back into full contrarian/administration puppet/apologist mode

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Don't mind my ramblings, just working on shaking off the off-season rust and getting back into full contrarian/administration puppet/apologist mode
                        No problem.....there should be no apologizing for anything this season....other than the uni's ....what else could they (the administration) screw up?

Comment

Saw a pic in twitter of the away full uni, to quote that famous song, "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"...very candy cane.

Comment

You think so? I still prefer the single stripe, but I notice the double stripe less each time.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

So what can NMU fans expect out of Adam Rockwood?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                So what can NMU fans expect out of Adam Rockwood?
                                My experience as a fan is he a really good player that will dish rather than shoot. great passer though...
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X