Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

"Dress Up Like An Empty Seat Day" was a great success, AND Cameron Hughes scored a between-the-legs goal. Awesome!

Comment

Specifically how did Jurusik look?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Specifically how did Jurusik look?
        I didn't think he ever looked all that comfortable. Which is easy to say when you let in a dribbler in the first 10 seconds of the game. Berry was decent after he came in though.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Is it too soon for a "Fire Oz" thread?

Defense has been atrocious.

Please don't be dense enough to believe that I actually want Oz fired. He will fix this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Please don't be dense enough to believe that I actually want Oz fired. He will fix this.
            I think we all knew that the D was in rough shape talent wise, I don't think anyone thought that it was quite this bad. A

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Outside of Greenway Oz has little to work with.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I do wonder what he can do this year (until Nyberg shows up, at least).
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  borrow a couple players from the women's team. At least they know how to win.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Hopefully you all saw the whited out part of my post, especially the bolded part.

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    I think we all knew that the D was in rough shape talent wise, I don't think anyone thought that it was quite this bad. A
                    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Outside of Greenway Oz has little to work with.
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Oz (& Co.) will fix this because most of the problems with the defense have nothing to do with talent.

They aren't playing or covering their positions correctly. They are bunching up and leaving the back door open. They are pinching without a forward covering back. Their gap control has been terrible. They make bad decisions in our zone with the puck. They routinely give up odd man rushes by misplaying the neutral zone.

All of these guys are talented enough to play Division 1, or at least execute their position at the D-1 level.

Repeated film study and coaching will fix a lot of this.

Sure, they probably won't become a good defensive unit this season, but there's a lot of room to improve between where they are now and "good defensive unit."

Eliminating even half of the plethora of gacks that I've seen out of them so far would make a huge difference.

I'm actually pretty optimistic of what we'll see overall out of this team by January coz the offense has had the leash taken off and they look potent.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-17-2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

* nods in agreement *
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

“They’ve got to play 200 feet, and there were parts of the game tonight where I don’t think they did play well in their (defensive) zone,” Badgers coach Tony Granato said. “You’re playing a good team. ... You make a mistake in your defensive end and it ends up in your net. I think they learned that lesson tonight.”

Yes, defense isn't just the two defense men. The forwards need to back check better and the whole team needs to protect the house better. Watching yesterday's game on TV, it sure seemed like the forwards like to watch the play in the defensive zone way to much. The player awareness is still weak and they need to pay better attention to where the opposing players are and not just the puck.

After a few months of practice, defense of zone play should be much better.

Comment

I know +/- isn't a good stat to use but through 4 games:

Hughes -9
                          Kunin -8
                          Besse -8

That's a red flag for our top line.

Comment

For those of you who missed Hughes' goal: Cameron Hughes Goal

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                              I know +/- isn't a good stat to use but through 4 games:

Hughes -9
                              Kunin -8
                              Besse -8

That's a red flag for our top line.

It's not a tell-all stat, but those numbers are terrible.

Comment

It's going to take months to get the systems and responsibilities defined and properly executed. A split with BC is a good overall result. Let's keep the record hovering around .500 til January, then make a little run with once the players get things figured out.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X