Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    That'll work too for the deer folks. I have to say my freezer full enough to last the winter on the fish front, now it's all about soaking some suckers on my sleeper musky lake if time allows.

Hopefully Besse is a go this weekend. I can't see how Berry can't get another shot in game 1 this weekend.
    Sorry, for this is unrelated to hockey, but Tim, I watched a show that was taped a couple weeks ago near Eagle Lake in Vermilion Bay, ON. Frickin' phenomenal Muskies including a Tiger. They were on a "numbers" lake but they were all over 40". They ran outta suckers!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Sorry, for this is unrelated to hockey, but Tim, I watched a show that was taped a couple weeks ago near Eagle Lake in Vermilion Bay, ON. Frickin' phenomenal Muskies including a Tiger. They were on a "numbers" lake but they were all over 40". They ran outta suckers!
      I saw the same show. Amazing. That guide boated 24 in one day once. That's simply unthinkable.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

UW is 10th in a nation scoring.....Merrimack is 47th. Defensively UW is 48th, Merrimack is 24th. Gotta go Berry......per TG Berry gets the start Friday. I'm on a roll, but that one wasn't too hard to figure out.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 11-14-2016, 12:34 PM.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Update

6 points in the USCHO poll, receiving votes - 28th
        RPI down to 17th
        PWR down to 17th
        Team O, 3.75 - 12th
        Team D, 3.5 - 44th
        PP, 24.00% - 9th
        PK, 89.6% - 9th
        The boys had the weekend off, but most other teams played...

8 points in the poll, receiving votes - 25th
        RPI down to 18th
        PWR down to 18th
        Team O, 3.75 - 10th
        Team D, 3.50 - 48th
        PP, 24.0% - 7th
        PK, 89.6% - 8th

So we dropped a spot in the RPI/PWR calculations, went up in O and down in D, and up in both special teams.

We should have a good shot at pickup up 2 Ws and making some progress in the rankings/stats this weekend:
        Merrimack: 4-5-3, 3 games against ranked opponents 0-1-2
        RPI 38th
        PWR 40th
        Team O, 2.42 - 47th
        Team D, 2.83 - 24th
        PP, 12.6% - 48th
        PK, 82.5% - 35th

Both games televised, Friday on Wisconsin Public Television, Saturday on Fox Sports Wisconsin Alt. This also means that both games are available to stream via BTN2Go (not BTN Plus)
        Last edited by KaMiGo; 11-14-2016, 01:03 PM. Reason: messed up some numbers

Comment

The UW confirmed the signings of Inamoto, Baker, and the Dhooghe brothers today.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            UW is 10th in a nation scoring.....Merrimack is 47th. Defensively UW is 48th, Merrimack is 24th. Gotta go Berry......per TG Berry gets the start Friday. I'm on a roll, but that one wasn't too hard to figure out.
            Ask and you shall receive...

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...c37bcb084.html

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              the Dhooghe brothers
              If only it were pronounced "Doogie"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                If bball is able to get their top 2018 target, UW will have Dhooge Hauser.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  How is it pronounced?

Edit: It is pronounced "Doogie" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNth1XchuU I'm glad I got that sorted out.
                  Last edited by WiscDC; 11-15-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I thought it was Dooj, but ya it seems like it's Doogie.

You recruited the Doogie brothers.

Comment

Bucky is just all right with me, Bucky is just all right oh yeah
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If they play with Malone or Mersch they would be the Dhooge MD line.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Heading down for the Sat night game with Merrimack. Sounds like the team has expectations of a sweep this weekend, which I would think (obviously) would only help some comparisons in the PWR. Great to hear that kind of positive talk and to hear TG talk about needing a better start this weekend after a dreadful one against Northern Mich last series. Just be up front, don't need any metaphors - everyone understands the need for that.

I know it will depend on how Fri goes, but I will be interested to see who is in net Sat night.

Still have 2 extras for Sat night if anyone is looking....safe travels to all this weekend with all the extra people on the roads (hunting, early T-giving) and the first potential snowflakes of the year this Saturday.
                          Last edited by BuB; 11-17-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Fredric was injured in practice today...more info tomorrow.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by crainer View Post
                                gameday.
                                Drop the puck!
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X