Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by BuB View Post
    I just got home at the start of the 2nd and UW just went down 3-1. I was about to ask about the goaltending, but then I read this quote. I think it really sums it up. If we had someone better it is fair to assume that they would have been given an opportunity by now.

And now it's 4-1...and here come Berry. Oh boy.
    It's a combination of crappy goaltending and bad defense. The defensemen arn't picking up their guys in front of the net. It's basic defensive zone responsibilities so I'm surprised that Oz hasnt got them doing it. Offense looks good. Didnt we recurit a Swedish goalie...Blomquist or something?

Comment

Trent Frederick is impressive. You can tell when he's on the ice. I haven't watched the badgers in a few years and I heard Kunin was supposed to be the man. Havn't noticed him much

Comment

What an aggravating game to watch. Seems like every goal NMU scores tonight and the other week are from dumb luck.

This goaltending situation needs to get solved.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          What an aggravating game to watch. Seems like every goal NMU scores tonight and the other week are from dumb luck.

Attendance looks rough tonight as well. Hope the sections fill out more as the Big Ten season starts up.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post

THIS.

We need to stop playing NMU. I know we played them close in GB, but they've really had our number the last few years. It almost seems like we play right into how they want us to play based on how often turnovers are forced.

I say give Berry a shot tomorrow.

Comment

If they win then maybe it will fill up. If not then no. I think the Badgers outplayed this team tonight. Looked like a better team (except goaltending). The puck didnt drop our way/our goalie didnt make plays. I'm optimistic about the future of this season and next, and the next.

Comment

Jurusik is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                  I say give Berry a shot tomorrow.
                  I second this motion. He hasn't allowed a goal in relief, only on 12 shots over 2 games, but the pressure of coming in cold doesn't seem to phase him. I can't bring myself to be overly critical of Jurusik, the only reason he's here is that idiot (I can't ever remember his name) bolted the program before even playing a game. He's the guy who I hold responsible for this.

That goal by Malone was fantastic, so was Frederick's. Hopefully Besse is ok.

Just read the recap, the top line was -11 collectively. Geez.
                  Last edited by Timothy A; 11-05-2016, 06:13 AM.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Time to start Berry. Jurusik has let too many first shots in this season. That's a mental game which he hasn't quite figured out yet.

Berry hasn't had enough shots against him to see how he will do, but maybe he makes the defensive side play a little different when he's in. Seen it before with team and the goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I second this motion. He hasn't allowed a goal in relief, only on 12 shots over 2 games, but the pressure of coming in cold doesn't seem to phase him. I can't bring myself to be overly critical of Jurusik, the only reason he's here is that idiot (I can't ever remember his name) bolted the program before even playing a game. He's the guy who I hold responsible for this.

That goal by Malone was fantastic, so was Frederick's. Hopefully Besse is ok.

Just read the recap, the top line was -11 collectively. Geez.
                      Luke Opilka, who de-committed for Kitchener. Do you blame Boeser also? Who would want to play for Mike Eaves? Cannot say I blame them for going elsewhere.
                      Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 11-05-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                        Luke Opilka, who de-committed for Kitchener. Do you blame Boeser also? Who would want to play for Mike Eaves? Cannot say I blame them for going elsewhere.
                        Boeser de-committed well before signing an NLI. Opilka bolted after signing and actually being on campus. Way different. Opilka put us in the goaltendimg position we are in right now.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

I've been very PC on commenting on the goaltending of Jurusik. He was in the NAHL (not the USHL) for a reason; just like a back-up quarterback is a back-up for a reason. I don't care how bad the defense is, you've got to man-up and make a stop to fire up the team. He is NOT the answer, and I agree that the other 2 may not be ready, but there is nothing to lose.

There I told it how I feel, no more hiding my feelings, now get off my ****ing lawn.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Berry it is. Also, Besse is out...

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                              Berry it is. Also, Besse is out...

Besse took a big hit into the boards last night.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

No audio or scoreboard on the btn+ stream? This sucks...I turned on the radio but the delay for the stream is huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X