Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Yup, no TV coverage means BTN Plus ($) is the only way to go.
    You'd think BTN+ would be a free app if you have BTN in your home; after all in most cable/satellite packages, you have to pay more to get BTN. I subscribe to NHL Center Ice and get NHL.TV at no extra charge with DirecTv. Kind of a different scenario since NHLCI is a 7+ month pay-per-view. Still a ****ing money grab by the B16.....who do they think they are, the NFL?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      You'd think BTN+ would be a free app if you have BTN in your home; after all in most cable/satellite packages, you have to pay more to get BTN. I subscribe to NHL Center Ice and get NHL.TV at no extra charge with DirecTv. Kind of a different scenario since NHLCI is a 7+ month pay-per-view. Still a ****ing money grab by the B16.....who do they think they are, the NFL?
      The same organization that is trying to shove Friday Night Big Ten Football down everyone's throat. I mean seriously, you're the freaking Big 10, not the MAC or Ohio Valley. Play on Saturday like a big-boy conference is supposed to.

Sorry for the non-hockey rant/take. Thought it fit into the discussion on the money grubbers at the Big 10 office.

Comment

Gameday!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Very stupid. I had a group of 4 I was trying to fit into the 2nd tier as low as possible, but could not go into a spot of 5 that was perfect. Really dumb.
          Help me out. what is the gap rule?
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Help me out. what is the gap rule?
            You can't purchase seats that leave a single seat remaining

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              You can't purchase seats that leave a single seat remaining
              Had the same problem buying tickets to the game in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                The money grab greed is starting to back fire against the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  The money grab greed is starting to back fire against the NFL.
                  Yep, and college football will feel the same issues soon enough.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Very stupid. I had a group of 4 I was trying to fit into the 2nd tier as low as possible, but could not go into a spot of 5 that was perfect. Really dumb.
                    Horrible.
                    Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                    Gameday!!
                    Let's do this!!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                      Horrible.

Let's do this!!
                      This is a good month to sign up for BTN Plus with these games, some women's games, and some volleyball and men's basketball games.

Comment

Go figure, I spend the money on BTN Plus and the Badgers give up a goal 33 seconds in....

Plenty of time left. I've put $5 on top of the monitor to buy a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          Go figure, I spend the money on BTN Plus and the Badgers give up a goal 33 seconds in....

Plenty of time left. I've put $5 on top of the monitor to buy a goal.
                          Man that second one was soft. Luckily most of the play has been in the NMU end.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                            Man that second one was soft. Luckily most of the play has been in the NMU end.
                            Yeah. Really feel like Jurusik is going to be between the pipes all year.

Just get the feeling that the other goalies are just not good enough to win a chance at the position if they haven't by now.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Yeah. Really feel like Jurusik is going to be between the pipes all year.

Just get the feeling that the other goalies are just not good enough to win a chance at the position if they haven't by now.
                              I just got home at the start of the 2nd and UW just went down 3-1. I was about to ask about the goaltending, but then I read this quote. I think it really sums it up. If we had someone better it is fair to assume that they would have been given an opportunity by now.

And now it's 4-1...and here come Berry. Oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                                I just got home at the start of the 2nd and UW just went down 3-1. I was about to ask about the goaltending, but then I read this quote. I think it really sums it up. If we had someone better it is fair to assume that they would have been given an opportunity by now.

And now it's 4-1...and here come Berry. Oh boy.
                                He didn't have a ton of help out there on D, but he just doesn't look all that comfortable out there.

Offense looks like they can create a lot of chances against UNM, but their defense is cleaning up when there are on rebounds. Our D is nowhere near the net to help out after Northern Michigan puts a shot on net.

Comment

Working...
                                X